Search

MTX 5

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 04:31 PM
wad
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Perez
Ready for the Motonica race this weekend in Los Angeles. It is a board track with high tire wear, i hear. I'll post my setup if I do well....
Hey Steve, looking forward to see you this weekend.
Old 03-22-2012, 03:10 AM
Tech Regular

hi guys,

i finally ran my MTX5 after so long on the shelves.so wen i was running in my engine and doing the initial settings on the car,i found out a couple of stuff about the car.

firstly,i was adjusting the brake.wen i was adjusting the EPA for my brakes,the chassis actually flex!so i had to decrease the EPA but this also causes the brakes on the car to decrease as well.so wat i tried is to adjust the brake linkage.I hope this might solve the problem on my next trip to the track.And also,i see that there's an updated brake linkage lever,does this part help on this problem?

secondly,my car seems to stray either left or right.i have to like always adjust my trim every time i ran.the funny thing is,every time i ran,it strays different directions!anyone can help me on this?

any advice is welcomed.thank you!
Old 03-22-2012, 03:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tq23
hi guys,

i finally ran my MTX5 after so long on the shelves.so wen i was running in my engine and doing the initial settings on the car,i found out a couple of stuff about the car.

firstly,i was adjusting the brake.wen i was adjusting the EPA for my brakes,the chassis actually flex!so i had to decrease the EPA but this also causes the brakes on the car to decrease as well.so wat i tried is to adjust the brake linkage.I hope this might solve the problem on my next trip to the track.And also,i see that there's an updated brake linkage lever,does this part help on this problem?

secondly,my car seems to stray either left or right.i have to like always adjust my trim every time i ran.the funny thing is,every time i ran,it strays different directions!anyone can help me on this?

Personally i dont like my breaks too strong on the car, you should set it so there is a minor slow down when breaks are applied.

For the straying left and right, if you have the car set up equal and it is still doing this then i suggest you do a complete drivetrain rebulid. Something may be binding and it could even suggest incorrect diff assembly. Look over the car and even before you take it to the track try rolling the car with the engine off and see how straight it rolls. Good Luck
Old 03-22-2012, 04:13 AM
Tech Adept

or maybe your servo is not working correctly.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

hi guys,

the chassis bends no matter what, you can't avoid it.

the other problem is a tweaked chassis. It could be a whole host of things. You need to go through the process of untweeking the car. XXX main has a good setup book which explains how to do this. some ideas to check for tweak are:

-front and rear shock lengths. each pair,f ront and rears need to have the same shock shaft length when fully extended.
-twisted chassis
-uneven ride height left to right
-bent pivot balls (it's happened to me before)
-bent arm shafts
-uneven tow at the front
-loose ball ends on the steering linkages
-too much rear droop (loose rear end under braking)
-uneven tyre sizes left to right
Old 03-22-2012, 05:50 AM
Tech Regular

hey thanks for the reply guys..

for the problem of my car straying left or right..i will check my servos and steering linkages again for my next track day..

as for the chassis flex..i'm just surprised how easy it is to flex the chassis..i can even do it with my hands..i just hope this won't be the cause of the 'stripping gears' problem..i really need to have more runtime to really test this car..

one more question..do u guys adjust the weight underneath?or just leave it as stock position?
Old 03-22-2012, 05:55 AM
Tech Initiate

I think the problem is the ackerman. I saw a couple of friends that built the car and have some issues whit that to… It seems to have a fitting problem between the upper and lower plastic parts. In two different cases, it won’t matter how hard you adjust the ackerman spring, it won’t keep a tied center position. Whit a dremel is easy to fix it. These may be causing the problem. You can tried all the other suggestions too..

Last edited by jcrc; 03-22-2012 at 06:07 AM.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

There is no stripping gears problem, but it's frustrating to see someone new bring it up every few pages, rather than back reading to find the solution.

And the cams/parts of the steering servo saver don't sit flush out of the kit, the cup side has too much lip, keeping them from properly seating, which will create a wandering alignment, file it down and issue fixed.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:57 AM
Tech Rookie

JUST GLUE WITH CA THE SERVO SAVER !!!
ITS NOT YOUR SERVO OR LINKAGE PROBLEMS ,,, ITS THE SERVO SAVER ....
YOU MUST LOCK IT

for the problem of my car straying left or right..i will check my servos and steering linkages again for my next track day..

as for the chassis flex..i'm just surprised how easy it is to flex the chassis..i can even do it with my hands..i just hope this won't be the cause of the 'stripping gears' problem..i really need to have more runtime to really test this car..

one more question..do u guys adjust the weight underneath?or just leave it as stock position?[/QUOTE]
Old 03-22-2012, 11:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by leandrorj
YOU MUST LOCK IT

one more question..do u guys adjust the weight underneath?or just leave it as stock position?
[/QUOTE]

I noticed that too! It would just be one click off to the left or right every time I started out on the track. Somebody suggested CA ing the servo saver but i'm not sure if that means CA the nut or??
Old 03-22-2012, 02:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bishop
There is no stripping gears problem, but it's frustrating to see someone new bring it up every few pages, rather than back reading to find the solution.
There are no stripping problems but read back a few pages to find the solution?????
Old 03-22-2012, 03:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by leandrorj
YOU MUST LOCK IT

[/QUOTE]

kind of defeats the purpose of a "servo saver" dont you think ?
Old 03-22-2012, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by barg
There are no stripping problems but read back a few pages to find the solution?????
The stripping gear issue is not a car issue its a user problem, not really a solution a few pages back but more guidance on what people are doing to create a problem Mr Barger!!!!
Old 03-22-2012, 05:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slo-MTX4
The stripping gear issue is not a car issue its a user problem, not really a solution a few pages back but more guidance on what people are doing to create a problem Mr Barger!!!!
Hahaha... It just sounded funny.....

Well we saw a lot of stripped gears at the Serpent Tour so lots of user problems for the guys in Sydney...... Kickass was one of the only ones not to strip any gears.... He knows the secret but will he share?

You will have to share your secrets with the Sydney boys Dan.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default mtx5

set it up like 4r and all will be fine nice and smooth into 2 some times2 rubs on 1 and this can cause prob and clutch / black bit has been drilled off center we brased to stop bend in chassi also you can keep it straight by adjusting brace we have only wrecked 1 set of gears i lots of hours running and i think it was adj not right dose any have a time on when to change chassi seams to be all right braced at least it dose not hit ground when you hit brakes //not end point adj just had to much heat in it but is still good car //don't you all know we are all bad users some are worse than others that is whey re race RC GREG

Last edited by greg.dawn; 03-23-2012 at 01:23 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.