Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Spdjunky
I'll keep what I have, if it's not allowed than a different class with less bitching and whining and keyboard junkies is what I will persue.

+1

LMFAO!!! Let us know when you find that class!
Old 01-01-2010, 09:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Done!

No whiners and complainers allowed! http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...am-racing.html

Read the posts on this thread for the last year. It is the same people generally complaining here that are designating a change in the rules. I have been to 5 track that are happy with the rules. Run the Classic Class if you want to run the standard rules.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Spdjunky
No whiners and complainers allowed! http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...am-racing.html
Go ahead and look up "irony" in the dictionary.

An excellent example would be that a person who is disappointed with the direction set forth by the "official" person in charge of USVTA complains about that direction and sets out to create a new organization. It could be argued that ALL the whiners about the OFFICIAL Vintage TransAm program should go check you out.

Oh, and have the balls to think up a new name for what you're doing. Might I suggest "Touring Car Lite".
Old 01-01-2010, 10:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

VTA Ceaser has spoken!

Don't piss him off, Spdy or you'll get fed to the internet lions...
Old 01-01-2010, 10:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by xevias
VTA Ceaser has spoken!

Don't piss him off, Spdy or you'll get fed to the internet lions...
LMMFAO
Old 01-01-2010, 11:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xevias
VTA Ceaser has spoken!
VTA "Ceaser" would be the crybabies who quit VTA over the first spec change in two years.

VTA "Caesar" would be...well, you flatter me. Not true, that would technically be Rob, but you flatter me.

Look it up.

I think that qualifies as "Allusion FAIL"

Last edited by Scottrik; 01-01-2010 at 11:46 AM.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

consigliere is more apt since this is now the OGVTA thread.
Old 01-01-2010, 03:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Well, it looks like there is now a classic vintage trans am group. Hopefully we can all live in peace with each other.

If you want to stay with the old rules:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...am-racing.html
Old 01-01-2010, 03:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamTekin
We understand the problem. We too have a ball driving 17.5 2s setups with only 1S on our carpet test track. The slower speeds really can be a ton of fun and allows wheel to wheel racing without going airborne. It is a problem across the board in RC that stock is too fast. Roar, race promoters, and many manufacturers are discussing it and working on ideas.

I am sorry I missed the discussion and the decision has already been made. We are not going to try and swim upstream at this point. However we would have certainly liked the opportunity to be part of a Vintage class considering Tekin is about as Vintage as it gets Novak and Tekin invented the electronic speed controller.

We are willing to do what ever you need and would love a chance to be part of it in the future.

I will say that the RS with version 183 has no boost, turbo or any timing advance. We can also make the unit chime or flash specific leds to indicate this version is in the unit. Any cheating is pretty obvious on the track anyway when all cars are truly equal on the straights

Tekin Prez
This was kinda mowed over with bs and jokes and I"ve been curious and never really got an answer on this. So if Tekin were to create a program for the RS that would be VTA compatible would it be allowed? It would literally take me 2 minutes to load 183 on my RS and I don't think that if these cars are as close as everybody says they're gonna be there will be an issue with tech. It would be really clear if somebody wasn't playing nice.

It's seems that they are more that willing to jump on the bandwagon and be a part of the future of VTA, yet this post got shrugged off for whatever reason. I mean Novak and LRP both have legal options. What does Tekin need to do to produce a legal option and get in the game too? After all they are a major company with excellent customer service and seem more than willing to conform and comply.

Last edited by trerc; 01-01-2010 at 04:00 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 04:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Rob has Novak said anything about how long it will be before we can buy the 25.5 motors ?
Old 01-01-2010, 04:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i think classis will be way more popular then theese new stupid rules
Old 01-01-2010, 07:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamTekin
We understand the problem. We too have a ball driving 17.5 2s setups with only 1S on our carpet test track. The slower speeds really can be a ton of fun and allows wheel to wheel racing without going airborne. It is a problem across the board in RC that stock is too fast. Roar, race promoters, and many manufacturers are discussing it and working on ideas.

I am sorry I missed the discussion and the decision has already been made. We are not going to try and swim upstream at this point. However we would have certainly liked the opportunity to be part of a Vintage class considering Tekin is about as Vintage as it gets Novak and Tekin invented the electronic speed controller.

We are willing to do what ever you need and would love a chance to be part of it in the future.

I will say that the RS with version 183 has no boost, turbo or any timing advance. We can also make the unit chime or flash specific leds to indicate this version is in the unit. Any cheating is pretty obvious on the track anyway when all cars are truly equal on the straights

Tekin Prez
Originally Posted by RC-ProSpeed
RobK, I know you already made a decision and created new rules, and that another change to the new posted rules will probably creat another 10 pages in one day of discussion, but can this option be considerate...

Just try to get the situation from the racers that own a Tekin... which I'm sure is a pretty large group...
what is stoping a lot of people (including me) is buying a esc that would only work for this class... for a new person coming into the hobby, they can easily get a tekin, run VTA with 183 version as Tekin Prez post above, and when they are ready to go fast, then move to a sedan 17.5 class with out having to buy a new esc and just load the V200 version or the newone that is coming on Jan. 1st...(Waiting on it)

and yes, the MD racers are pretty friendly, is just that our VTA class already have a door to door racing since most of us are running with advance timing esc, even my 9 year old son uses the boost and turbo and have a close racing... so in our case we didn't need to go slower to have that type of environmet in a race.

alright... now I hope I don't get beat up here.
Originally Posted by miket3
the rules have been set..but yet many novak esc's have been added..ss ,xbr, and even the MFG of the Havok pro's web site(Novak) says it has an advantage, yet it's an allowable controller ??

MAybe Rob can communicate with Jim (Tekin owner) and something can be worked out.There's still 9 months till the "NEW" rules take affect. I see Tekin so far as offering the least affordable change (for current RS owners)..a simple free program change.

novak will still get the motor money.
Originally Posted by trerc
This was kinda mowed over with bs and jokes and I"ve been curious and never really got an answer on this. So if Tekin were to create a program for the RS that would be VTA compatible would it be allowed? It would literally take me 2 minutes to load 183 on my RS and I don't think that if these cars are as close as everybody says they're gonna be there will be an issue with tech. It would be really clear if somebody wasn't playing nice.

It's seems that they are more that willing to jump on the bandwagon and be a part of the future of VTA, yet this post got shrugged off for whatever reason. I mean Novak and LRP both have legal options. What does Tekin need to do to produce a legal option and get in the game too? After all they are a major company with excellent customer service and seem more than willing to conform and comply.

RobK
Why is it that this topic is been avoided... can you tell us how you feel about the idea?

I just would like to hear a good reason why Tekin can't be part of it...

again, this goes to RobK..
Old 01-01-2010, 07:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC-ProSpeed
RobK
Why is it that this topic is been avoided... can you tell us how you feel about the idea?

I just would like to hear a good reason why Tekin can't be part of it...

again, this goes to RobK..
Yes, Thank you
Old 01-01-2010, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I don't speak on behalf of Rob or the USVTA, but I'm pretty sure it was covered that the ESCs would need to be non-programmable. There's no easy way to include the programmable ESCs without creating a big burden for tech people (of which, many clubs tracks don't have someone to tech).

Using what's remaining of my imagination not consumed by the ladies in the Buffy marathon, I can see many local clubs simply allowing zero timing on all their racer's adjustable-timing ESCs. This would be, in effect, the same concept outlined in the national rules. The national rules, however, would be very easy to enforce at big events, whether that be the 'birds, Vegas, Novak, or the actual USVTA nationals.
Old 01-01-2010, 08:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe
I don't speak on behalf of Rob or the USVTA, but I'm pretty sure it was covered that the ESCs would need to be non-programmable. There's no easy way to include the programmable ESCs without creating a big burden for tech people (of which, many clubs tracks don't have someone to tech).

Using what's remaining of my imagination not consumed by the ladies in the Buffy marathon, I can see many local clubs simply allowing zero timing on all their racer's adjustable-timing ESCs. This would be, in effect, the same concept outlined in the national rules. The national rules, however, would be very easy to enforce at big events, whether that be the 'birds, Vegas, Novak, or the actual USVTA nationals.
+1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.