Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 07:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bobbyblaze
you on point..with my GO Engine 7 port i am 100% satisfied when i race against picco p9 and nova flash ..the nova pretty quick at first but when i change to 1.1 clutch springs my GO was on it and my temps on the GO was 215-225 degrees and also switch from hot plug to medium plug funning byrons 25%

Try an O'Donnell 97T plug on GO Engines, the best results so far ... and very durable,

cya !
Old 06-14-2011, 07:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

OS 25 on a 086/shrt manifold....... should be good for at least 60 MPH......I found gearing up the DM-1 made the car even more sluggish and actually hurt top end...gearing down seems to allow the engine to spool better and reach higher speeds and RPM as well...IMO the DM-1 is over geared, especially for a .21... My mod JPX hit 62 MPH in 300', my mod Picco 28 hit 68 MPH in 300'....The 28 could pull more but we couldn't keep the car straight enough to make a full run....... even at 62 MPH we had issues with air getting under the body and causing the car to flip over backwards....
Old 06-14-2011, 04:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
OS 25 on a 086/shrt manifold....... should be good for at least 60 MPH......I found gearing up the DM-1 made the car even more sluggish and actually hurt top end...gearing down seems to allow the engine to spool better and reach higher speeds and RPM as well...IMO the DM-1 is over geared, especially for a .21... My mod JPX hit 62 MPH in 300', my mod Picco 28 hit 68 MPH in 300'....The 28 could pull more but we couldn't keep the car straight enough to make a full run....... even at 62 MPH we had issues with air getting under the body and causing the car to flip over backwards....
i love this video of you JPX Neal ......especially around 1:30 mark

http://youtu.be/4zr6RI9tpP8
Old 06-14-2011, 10:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bobbyblaze
i love this video of you JPX Neal ......especially around 1:30 mark

http://youtu.be/4zr6RI9tpP8
We all got a good laugh when that happened....One night on a smooth parking lot we had the 28 car about 4 feet int he air.... I was doing a speed run and had it about 65 MPH and the surface had a small roll about 250'from where I was standing, the nose of the car lifted off and it just went straight up then back over onto its lid...For a split second it almost floated like a kite,,,it was awesome !
Old 06-15-2011, 01:41 AM
Tech Master

Tuning my rally GT

Orange head RB MT11 .28 motor with rotostart will complete this
Old 06-15-2011, 04:59 AM
Tech Master

Now placing the exhaust at the rear of the car I think have enough room for an extra fuel tank for increased mileage.

Do you know if two tanks will work fine and if so is it better to connect them in series or with a Y-connector separately from each other ?

Thanks
Old 06-15-2011, 05:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MikaR
Now placing the exhaust at the rear of the car I think have enough room for an extra fuel tank for increased mileage.

Do you know if two tanks will work fine and if so is it better to connect them in series or with a Y-connector separately from each other ?

Thanks
Crazy idea Mika, but cool

I would think setting them up with a Y-connector might be the way to go. I also think the fuel lines should be the same lengths. Maybe even another Y-connector to the exhaust fitting too.

Do it Mika, get that 20 minute run time!
Old 06-15-2011, 06:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Head over to the monster truck threads.
The Mgt 8.0 guys were doing a "dual tank mod" a few years back.
I am sure they have it problem free by now.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:26 AM
Tech Master

Yeah!

In some monsters there are twin fuel tanks. Need to check how they're implemented. But if anyone knows, I'm glad to learn!

Thanks

e: Thanks J.D ! Exactly.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:24 AM
Tech Master

In R/C groups someone said this:

You have to use muffler pressure and having a engine with decent fuel draw is a plus. Basically you simply run the fuel tanks in series with each other. the vent from the first fuel tank goes to the fuel outlet on the second tank and the vent on the second tank goes to the muffler pressure tap. In this manner the second tank drains into the first tank which provides the fuel to the engine.
by the "vent" he means the pressure tap on the tank, no?
sounds fine to me
Old 06-15-2011, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Just thinking about this option, if you put preasure into the first tank, it would have to blow through the filter and then into the second tank. So you would be pumping fuel up and into the top of the 2nd tank. Would think it would take more preasure to push the fuel. Also, not sure how the out flow of fuel would work going through the cap.

If you ran the presure side into each tank, then you would not decrease the preasure in the 2nd tank. Also, the motor is only going to draw what it can use and your really only have the same preasure coming out, so a 'Y' would be good on the feed side as well.

Lastly, the CG of the car would stay if both tanks are brough down at the same rate. Which would keep it better balanced.

My 2 cents
Old 06-15-2011, 10:51 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MikaR
Tuning my rally GT

Orange head RB MT11 .28 motor with rotostart will complete this
Nice.. will this work on a dm-1 or any gt car.It looks like it would help with the center of gravity of the cars.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Grenade10
Just thinking about this option, if you put preasure into the first tank, it would have to blow through the filter and then into the second tank. So you would be pumping fuel up and into the top of the 2nd tank. Would think it would take more preasure to push the fuel. Also, not sure how the out flow of fuel would work going through the cap.

If you ran the presure side into each tank, then you would not decrease the preasure in the 2nd tank. Also, the motor is only going to draw what it can use and your really only have the same preasure coming out, so a 'Y' would be good on the feed side as well.

Lastly, the CG of the car would stay if both tanks are brough down at the same rate. Which would keep it better balanced.

My 2 cents
Yeah, indeed. Maybe that guy was talking about airplane tanks, it won't work here. Thanks for input.

Anyway abandoning the idea of two tanks at least here for now (read further why... ;-) )

Instead, here's what I've been up to tonight, now that I have more space on the left side after moving the pipe to the rear I can move the tank slightly and either install a TT tranny (requires a longer clutchbell) or a Centax.

I have a spare Centax already so i decide to go with it first.

I also got the HPI rotostart, I was going to use the MT11 with rotostart, but had a nice surprise that the HPI roto shipped with a unit that fitted to my RB RTR motor. Hence I can use that motor with the Centax, it's a .21 and the centax bell from my Rally Game is 15T -- nice!

Let's see if and how this will perform. I can always go to traditional setups if I have to. Interesting building anyhow

Pics

Bigjez, not sure about DM1. Cheers
Old 06-15-2011, 12:55 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bigjez
Nice.. will this work on a dm-1 or any gt car.It looks like it would help with the center of gravity of the cars.
How cool is this!... neat Idea,... but does it add a lot of weight up high?? ...
Old 06-15-2011, 01:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Clete Landefeld
How cool is this!... neat Idea,... but does it add a lot of weight up high?? ...
It does not ad much the the monster truck that do it.. So I would think not.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.