Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Midwest Series '08' 39th year!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 04:42 AM
Tech Regular

Ira, Congrats on your double win!

MWS Racers, I have updated the point standings. I have the report ready to be posted, just waiting for pictures to arrive. I should have them by today and have everything posted tonight! Yes, you can hold me to that....LOL

Thanks Eli for the great report!
Old 08-27-2008, 05:30 AM
Tech Elite

I uploaded some last night. Ira is sending me some more (my batteries died). Will upload them as soon as I get them.
Old 08-27-2008, 05:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Congrats to all the winners and to the racers that were local and traveled distances to this fine establishment. The track was very nice, along with all the people. The weather turned out to be as good as the racing. I personally had a terrific time seeing everyone again, just wish I could finish a main one of these days. lol

Also would like to take this time to THANK all my sponsors and friends that help me with this great hobby. Without them it would not be possible for me to travel or have as much FUN and enjoy this hobby as much as I do.

THANK YOU
Old 08-27-2008, 05:50 PM
Tech Regular

I have updated the Midwest Series website with the race report, photo gallery, point standings, and updated pre-registration form. And get this, its done already! WOW!

Thanks to Eli for the report!
Thanks to Ira for the photos and Ron for the photos and points!

Sorry I missed this one, looks like it was a fun event. Next year I should be back to all the events.....SHOULD
Old 08-28-2008, 06:16 AM
Tech Regular

Nice “quick” job on getting the race report and points updated.
Great race report Eli!
Old 08-28-2008, 11:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Eli...that is one heck of a race report, did you miss all your races and just stand on the driver stand and recorded all the action?

Thanks MWS........one more to go, at Toledo....this time Walt and I will tag along, road trip....
Old 08-28-2008, 11:31 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks Brian for the quick work with the website. Eli, as I said before, GREAT work! You can do it any time you want! Ira, thanks for the photo help! I am not too impressed with my new camara, may have the old Nikon worked on...
This race went very well with only a little punch from mother nature (she has been smacking us around quite a bit this season).
Let's start prepping for the final race! It is going to be quite a battle in all classes! I will have to look closer, but I don't think any have been wrappped up yet! See you all in Toledo!
Old 08-28-2008, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

The way I calculate it. Andy has a lock on 1st. If Karl has a perfect day he can only gain 45 points. The best Ira can do is 100 points that still leaves him 2 points short. Other than 1st all other spots are wide open.

Last edited by lil-bump; 08-29-2008 at 05:25 AM.
Old 08-28-2008, 12:43 PM
Tech Elite

That's spot on lil bump!
Darin is a 'probable' winner in 1/8, with Kurt as a 'possible' overtaker.
Elis' misfortune at Joliet opens the door for myself, Steve or Mark to capitalize. For one of us to come out on top, someone must throw Eli off the driver stand in the middle of the main! Any volunteers? He's not too big...A small fire in his beard might do it.
1/10 Masters is up for grabs. My money is on Al Denzine if he keeps the fire lit for a half hour.
This is going to be fun!
Old 08-29-2008, 06:37 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by lil-bump
The way I calculate it. Andy has a lock on 1st. If Karl has a perfect day he can only gain 45 points. The best Ira can do is 100 points that still leaves him 2 points short. Other than 1st all other spots are wide open.
I'll still be there for the last one and all the fun that will go with it.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by duneland
That's spot on lil bump!
For one of us to come out on top, someone must throw Eli off the driver stand in the middle of the main! Any volunteers? He's not too big...A small fire in his beard might do it.
Eli will be on the driverstand gathering info for the report, right? As detailed as he was on the last report, I'm sure the season finale's report will be a good one.....right Eli
Old 08-29-2008, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Depends on "who" does it!
Old 08-29-2008, 12:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brian Berry
Eli will be on the driverstand gathering info for the report, right? As detailed as he was on the last report, I'm sure the season finale's report will be a good one.....right Eli
I have a HD Video camera can take up to 30 hours of video in computer format, since ELI will be on the drivers stand ALL THE TIME, he might as well tape the entire weekend so he doesn't need to write the report down, right..?
Old 08-30-2008, 11:38 AM
Tech Elite

Greetings!
With just one more race to go, we have several championships to be determined. I hope we get the turnout this race will deserve. We have been up against a lot of adversity this season; weather issues, high gas prices, terrible economy, etc. This has impacted our participation and therefore, our income for awards. Sponsor money was down, and some of those donated product rather than money. This is OK, but our end of year awards will reflect what ever money is available for that purchase. Now that I have a full grasp on what needs to be done (and when), I will begin the work to make the 40th season the best ever! I will do a few things designed to enhance the value to our sponsors. This should make sponsoring the series more attractive. I won't go into all the details here, but some changes will be made, to increase the continuity of scoring and reporting. Our new classes have been doing well. The 1/8 GT class is getting attention all over the country. I will elaborate on our rules, but they will not be very restrictive, while still achieving the ultimate goal of keeping the costs down. 1/10 masters has not had very large participation, but does not complicate the schedule, since it is run with 200mm (just like 1/8 masters-1/8 open). I am anticipating much greater participation, in all classes, next season.
Another proposal I would like to make is; to allow 4 strokes, in approximately a 2:1 displacement ratio.
That is, a 1/8 scale 2-stroke is a .21 c.i. So a .42 or smaller 4-stroke would be allowed. For 1/10, OS makes a .26 for surface use. That is a little over the 2:1 ratio, but I would like to allow it anyway. From all reports, It would have no performance advantage over the 2-stroke we currently employ.
It is unlikely that we would see any of these on the track, but I think it would be pretty cool, if we do.
That's about it for now.. Get your stuff ready, and bring your 'A' game to Toledo!
Old 09-03-2008, 08:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Default roar

hey ron were do i go to sighn up for roar i have already sighned up for ohio and now want to get my roar membership this is jerome i have lots of vidio and picts from midwest race at joliet if u need any

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.