Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread! >

Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 11:11 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

no, this is where u should check out castle info, on or off. notice we mostly talk 1/10 mod buggy in here.

R
Old 01-15-2009, 01:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

quick question...i have a Mamba Max I run in my touring car. I run Lipo so can I run the start power in medium or high to get more out of it. I have the newest update as well and have been running a Trinity Duo 4.5 with no problems.

Thanks
Old 01-16-2009, 01:58 PM
Tech Regular

Doug...the motor start power only has an impact on the amount of voltage sent to the motor for the first 1/4 turn or so...it's just to allow the user to adjust the voltage input in case it cannot get turned over on the stock setting. Turning timing up will get you more out of the motor, but you need to watch the motor temperature when you do this. It makes the motor less efficient and so it heats up more. Max is 200F.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:06 PM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Joe Ford
Doug...the motor start power only has an impact on the amount of voltage sent to the motor for the first 1/4 turn or so...it's just to allow the user to adjust the voltage input in case it cannot get turned over on the stock setting. Turning timing up will get you more out of the motor, but you need to watch the motor temperature when you do this. It makes the motor less efficient and so it heats up more. Max is 200F.
Thanks Joe....after I posted I went I tried it and it was better in low with more timing. I was running the timing in low and put it up to normal 10d.....launches good now.

Thanks again
Old 01-16-2009, 02:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Cool

Joe any news on the caps. and fans ?

thx . . .
Old 01-17-2009, 12:32 AM
Tech Master

Post Timing ?

Got another question Joe.

I have my timing set at 10* in the ESC. When my car is in neutral sitting idle what is the timing at.

Does it go from 0 to 10* as I pull to full throttle or is it set at 10* all the time.

Hope this make sence....thanks for your time
Old 01-17-2009, 05:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default 220KV or 2650KV

Hey Joe,

I have a 8ight-E and I want a MMM combo but I'm not sure what size motor I should get a 2200KV or a 2650?
I currently have a 16 tooth pinion and a 45 tooth spur gear running a 4s
14.8v 5000mAh battery.
I want this thing to easily pull away from Nitro's but don't want over heating.
I'm running a Xceliron ESC and 2100KV motor which are shit but quick.
Can you also tell me what is the difference between the two different models and do they both have different purposes?

Thanks for your help
Old 01-17-2009, 08:49 PM
Tech Regular

Tom...I put in the order for them a while ago. If they haven't shipped that's bogus. I'll check on it Monday, and see what is going on.

Doug...when you're sitting still nothing is going on. The ESC isn't working at all (other than making the beeps, and registering the PWM signal from your radio awaiting input). When you hit the throttle the timing moves around a little, but for the most part it's at 10 degrees.

Colin...you can use either with the 1/8th buggies. I've been running the 2200 for a while and on 4s it's got decent speed and would work well for small/med tracks. Top speed around 35-40mph on 4s. On 6s, yeah 6s, it's a MONSTER. Over 60mph EASY. My RC8 with 24/44 gearing is ballistic. You won't get overheating on either system...both the motor and ESC are built to handle these setups no problem. The 2650 on 4s can hit 50mph geared high, but it's only rated for 4s...no 5s/6s. The 2650 is a little shorter and lighter, but more speed. The 2200 is longer and heavier, but more torque. I'll be dropping a 2650 combo into my Caster Fusion EX-1 as soon as I can get my hands on a combo...right now they're all going out to distributors and customers who have had them on backorder for quite a while.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:18 PM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Thanks again Joe

Doug

Tom...I put in the order for them a while ago. If they haven't shipped that's bogus. I'll check on it Monday, and see what is going on.

Doug...when you're sitting still nothing is going on. The ESC isn't working at all (other than making the beeps, and registering the PWM signal from your radio awaiting input). When you hit the throttle the timing moves around a little, but for the most part it's at 10 degrees.

Colin...you can use either with the 1/8th buggies. I've been running the 2200 for a while and on 4s it's got decent speed and would work well for small/med tracks. Top speed around 35-40mph on 4s. On 6s, yeah 6s, it's a MONSTER. Over 60mph EASY. My RC8 with 24/44 gearing is ballistic. You won't get overheating on either system...both the motor and ESC are built to handle these setups no problem. The 2650 on 4s can hit 50mph geared high, but it's only rated for 4s...no 5s/6s. The 2650 is a little shorter and lighter, but more speed. The 2200 is longer and heavier, but more torque. I'll be dropping a 2650 combo into my Caster Fusion EX-1 as soon as I can get my hands on a combo...right now they're all going out to distributors and customers who have had them on backorder for quite a while.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the info Joe,
So why does the Castle Creation website say 2200 is suited to Trucks and the 2650 is suited to 1/8th buggies?
I'd rather more power then not enough.
Are you running a 6s on your RC8 2200KV?
Should I change my gearing? and if so what do you recommend for my 8ight?
If anyone else has any opinion on these issues please comment.

Cheers
Old 01-18-2009, 04:02 PM
Tech Regular

You can run either the 2650 or the 2200 in buggies. The heavier vehicles (mainly monster trucks) you can only run the 2200. I am running the 2200kv motor on 6s in my RC8...GRP rally buggy tires sold by Losi. Very good grip, and near zero tire growth, but its meant only for speed. Start out with the stock spur and an 18T pinion. When you run it for the first time be sure to check the motor temp every few minutes. As long as the motor stays below 200F you can gear it any way you'd like. Let me know if you have any other questons. I'm happy to help.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:05 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

no complaints from BL dept yet again this wk. Fire and forget is best way to put it.

2wd Mod Buggy. Tight Bullring, big jumps, dry clay.

25% Reverse (warmup)
50% Brake
40% D. Brake
60% PC
Normal Timing
0% SP
NC Dead Band
3.2v cutoff.

Brake Curve-Linear
Throttle Curve-Linear but scale pulled down from top. Similar to moving top of shock in a hole or 2. Leaves big spike to WOT at top. Clip this off with -5% EPA on Loud 'pedal'.

R
Old 01-18-2009, 11:03 PM
Tech Addict

Joe
My CM36S 7700 motor sounds very loud and i have to replace the bearings.How should i do it?
Thanks
Old 01-18-2009, 11:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I've got a question, (i've search this thread, but i got lost in all the info )

Can i run a Traxxas Velineon motor or an LRP Vector motor with the MM esc?

The reason i ask because i can get a Vector NIB for $40, and i have a velineon coming in from ebay. I was going to get the velineon esc but i figured since it was sensorless it would be compatible with the MM...

Thanks!
Old 01-19-2009, 07:28 AM
Tech Regular

Born...The motors are not user serviceable...if the bearings are going send it in. If you're within warranty (haven't run it in improper vehicle, with improper gearing, or with too much voltage, and have had it for less than 1 year) send it in for a free replacement. If out of warranty we'll give you a new one for $45...that's including return shipping.

FJC...you can run either of those motors on the MM ESC. The sensored motor may cog a little though as it's a completely different design than a sensorless motor. Turn timing up to high and start power to high to minimize this...you'll still get a couple jitters, but once rolling you can't tell any difference. The sensorless motor should run just fine...it's a 2 pole slotless motor just like ours.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.