Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 10:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by miku
Does anyone know if the Intellect IB4600SHV cells fit into the Type R.
Your doubts about this are what? It is not designed like the old car, so just about anything will fit in this. 46's are not that much bigger then 42's, I run both in mine.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

come on guys don't bash a guy on his 3rd post, just answer the question. no harm in being new, that is the crap that drive people out of the hobby, especially in onraod. Seen alot of if up in the NW.

RedRocket
Old 07-08-2008, 11:10 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

OkOk, i'll be easy on him.

They will fit just fine, however, they won't fit if you solder them wrong. The manual has a diagram on the optimum solder post posistions.

good luck

-kyle
Old 07-08-2008, 11:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MaxRain
By the way, I recently acquired a lipo tray to. Ordered thru losipartshouse and I am happy as hell. Now my question is to those who already have one. Do you have problems fitting orions with it? My assumption is that there is no problems, but if someone could confirm it that would be great.
the Orion 4800 fits not sure about the others
Old 07-08-2008, 11:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Yes IB4600's fit without a problem. The new car has a better designed battery tray than the original JRXS which would only fit a 4200 at best. This is just one of the many upgrades losi made when they put their heads together.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:40 AM
Ty
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I am purchasing a Type R next week and was wondering what spares you guys recommend (running foam/carpet/17.5/Li-po) and also what spur gear for the motor as well. Also, what Li-po hard case pack is everyone getting to work with the steel tray? Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Ty
Old 07-09-2008, 08:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ty
I am purchasing a Type R next week and was wondering what spares you guys recommend (running foam/carpet/17.5/Li-po) and also what spur gear for the motor as well. Also, what Li-po hard case pack is everyone getting to work with the steel tray? Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Ty
6dg castor blocks, 1 set of f/r arms, alum wheel hubs are nice, but not necessary, parma front bumper, and some type of longer turnbuckles. I cut down a small set I had, but for carpet you are going to run the long camber link position, and the stock turnbuckle is a little short.

SMC lipo packs have the best voltage of the approved roar packs, I run the pack upside down so the wires come out the right side. This will require a mod to the rear pulleys to clear the pack though, it's pretty easy you just shave the pulley that is on the spur side down so its thinner, then shim it a little bit towards the opposite side of car. (the pack is just a hair too wide). I think the CoreRC packs fit with less work and have good voltage, but racing stock voltage is king, if I didn't now hate nimh batteries they would be a little faster.

I run the LRP sphere/novak 17.5 combo, I had a gtb in the car, but the lrp has noticable punch difference, I have not tried another brand 17.5 yet.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MaxRain
Word is that SMC is releasing a battery similar to that of the Orion's. Any thoughts or comments on this.. Perhaps Danny is seeing the popularity of the Type R increasing. The more people win, then better it is for us who already own one.

By the way, I recently acquired a lipo tray to. Ordered thru losipartshouse and I am happy as hell. Now my question is to those who already have one. Do you have problems fitting orions with it? My assumption is that there is no problems, but if someone could confirm it that would be great.
The Orion 3200 & 4800 packs fit fine but the 3600 is too wide. Trackpower 4900 also fit well but the reedy 5000 do not.

Mark
Old 07-09-2008, 09:35 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
6dg castor blocks, 1 set of f/r arms, alum wheel hubs are nice, but not necessary, parma front bumper, and some type of longer turnbuckles. I cut down a small set I had, but for carpet you are going to run the long camber link position, and the stock turnbuckle is a little short.

SMC lipo packs have the best voltage of the approved roar packs, I run the pack upside down so the wires come out the right side. This will require a mod to the rear pulleys to clear the pack though, it's pretty easy you just shave the pulley that is on the spur side down so its thinner, then shim it a little bit towards the opposite side of car. (the pack is just a hair too wide). I think the CoreRC packs fit with less work and have good voltage, but racing stock voltage is king, if I didn't now hate nimh batteries they would be a little faster.

I run the LRP sphere/novak 17.5 combo, I had a gtb in the car, but the lrp has noticable punch difference, I have not tried another brand 17.5 yet.
be carefull with SMC packs Ive seen a total 4 packs (different racers) swell up after 4 minutes worth of racing, 2 of the packs were from a sponsored guy.

I would stick with Orion,CORE or Trackpower
Old 07-09-2008, 01:58 PM
Ty
Tech Addict

Keep the suggestions coming, thanks for all of the help so far guys.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dfiantii
Any updates on the aluminum out drives from that European company? I emailed them about price never got an answer.
Diff. hube € 20 + shipping
drive pulley 15 € + shipping

That was his reply on cost.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by EViLSouL
Diff. hube € 20 + shipping
drive pulley 15 € + shipping

That was his reply on cost.
WOW!! so that is ~ 40$ plus shipping for the hub!? yeah ... i think i'll pass.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:18 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by YmeBP
WOW!! so that is ~ 40$ plus shipping for the hub!? yeah ... i think i'll pass.
Yup about $32 for the hub and $24 for the adapter. Plus shipping from EU = expensive.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:57 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Damn, i'd rather stock up on plastic hubs.

I hope he figures a way to produce them more efficiently in order to sell the hubs cheaper, cause at that price i have a hard time thinking they will sell. I guess some people just have the money though.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Are you guys really going through hubs that much? I think I have replaced hubs maybe twice on my car with in the year I have owned it. They were both really bad hits. I have set in my box but honestly they have been there for awhile. I could not begin to justify the cost of those aluminum ones.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.