Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 07:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Mike, nice to see you getting back into it! Hope you like the carpet deal. The guys that have been posting on the forum know what they are talking about. They have been doing the carpet for some time now.

Dirt only for me. I race 1/8 buggy in the summer and electric indoor dirt in the winter. There is an indoor dirt track in Sarver Pa that I go to almost every weekend in the winter.

Hope to see you soon.

C.R.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:16 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey C.R,Wasnt sure if ya remembered me. Im sure glad theres people I can ask questions and get advice. Its funny how Cars and equipment from the Fire House days are now Vintage...lol Im getting to be Vintage too.Hope to see ya soon!! Mike
Old 09-10-2007, 12:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

ed,
i agree with the foams....i like them for the traction is awesome.and i hate them cause they chunk and dont last long.....well atleast on altoonas carpet...eats em up quickly.

rubber tire is also nice cause you dont have to change gearing cause of tire ware...

i know alot of you guys are going brushless...but right now im going to stick with brushed motors....i do have a lathe and brushes if anyone that is going to run brushed need a motor tuning..just come and see me i will hook you up.

although i just might consider a lipo pack or 2....

and then when i hit the good old income tax i think i will buy a brushless unit.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

oh yea and i am now a owner of a brans new type-r from the best line of race products out there....

sorry ed and jim had to say it....lol....
Old 09-10-2007, 02:53 PM
Tech Regular

Default North East R/C Pro Gas Truck Champion...

Thought our friends over at Altoona would like to know that Brandon Marsh is The newly Crowned R/C Pro North East Division, Gas Truck Points Champion!!!

I ended up 2nd overall in the NE for Intermediate 1:8 buggy, The guy who won, it took him 3 years to finish in the top 3... My self, 16 weekends on the buggy... I'm now forced into Expert

Also to let you guys know that next year McCulloughs might be switching R/C Pro divisions, to be in with 2 Ohio tracks(CRCRC and Medina). Making things more feesable for you guys hopefully. Also Next Years R/C Pro Finals are in the planning stages of happening on the East Coast. Attending these races would be great for promoting TRS and The Altoona Raceway

See Yinz all this weekend

Young Dux
Old 09-10-2007, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Congrads Dux - You should have been in expert all along! And Congrads to Marsh too. I'm not sure exactly what it is about McCulloughs, but that pretty much verifys my theory that everyone who races there is just plain fast.

If anyone at our track has any aspirations on improving themselves, the best way to do it is to try to get into regional events like the RC Pro Series Dux mentioned. Even just watching how the pros and semi pros drive can help you pick up your game. If I was 10-15 years younger I would definately be checking it out.

For those who don't know already, there is no racing in Altoona this Sunday. About 6-8 of us (including Chuck, Doug and Tommy!) will be at McCulloughs for the Race Against Cancer weekend. Its a great event for a great cause. It worth the trip just to watch because I assure you, you'll get to see some great racing.

See you Saturday Dux!
Old 09-10-2007, 07:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Greg , nice work on the toth car , I'm sure Ed will like it ! The hood sponcer is sweet ! best work yet !!
Old 09-10-2007, 08:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

greg . on second thought mayby you should bring the motor too !

Thanks !!!!
Old 09-10-2007, 10:01 PM
Tech Regular

Cool

Originally Posted by Ed237
Congrads Dux - You should have been in expert all along!
Thanks Fast Eddy, When I initially signed up(7th week of racing scale) for the Series it was a last minute decision to go, I really just wanted to go and have a good time while being able to lend a hand to some of our guys who were in Expert.

And Just like you said about watching what the Pros were doing on the track one thing led to another and now I'm somewhere in the middle of the top 10 nationally

Marsh at this point I believe should be 3rd nationally... and Braydon Obremski our other teenage terror(some of you guys know him from electric) finished 3rd overall in the region for Gas Truck

Alot of our guys also finished within the top 20 for the region in the Expert classes

Last but not least what do you mean if you were 10 -15 years younger...AAAAAAHHHHH Bullchit. You're one heck of a racer, and an Altoona Legend.

Young Dux
Old 09-10-2007, 10:19 PM
Tech Regular

WWW.mcculloughsrcracing.com For Last Minute Cancer Race info. From What I'm hearing, this year is shaping up to by far, surpass previous years!!! Last Year it was just over $6100 rasied. Over $20,000 in 5 years. The Prizes that are raffled are out of this world, and pretty much everyone walks away with a little something for attending a charitable venture.ex.Engines,Kits,on down the line... Come on out and See first hand what Ed is talking about. We are looking at about 150+ entries from what I'm hearing. Doug McCullough said he's been getting calls from pros all over the country

Young Dux
Old 09-11-2007, 02:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

thursday night.. racing at hardings...
Old 09-11-2007, 07:57 AM
Tech Adept

Jim PM.

iCeNutz
Old 09-11-2007, 12:43 PM
Tech Rookie

[FONT="Arial Black"]THANKS ED FOR THE ADVICE I HAVE THE DIFFS BUILT AND MOUNTED EVERYTHING SEEMS REAL SMOOTH SO FAR[/FONT]
Old 09-11-2007, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

Hey Stober, good luck out west man, keep us updated, and be carefull with that arm!!!!!

The last one has nothing to do with anything, just thought it was funny!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!
Old 09-11-2007, 06:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by iCeNuTz
Jim PM.

iCeNutz

IcE, I'm starting to feel left out here! Why does HE get all the pm's!?

SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!!!!

Last edited by gixxerman; 09-11-2007 at 06:59 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.