Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 11:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Racing this weekend...

Hey Guys,

We're are going to make every effort to race this Sunday. Please not that we are starting early and plan on having great battles with triple mains in all classes.

Got some new stuff on the site:

http://www.trshobbies.com/TRACK.html
Old 09-07-2007, 11:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Carpet Track

Everything is coming together nicely for what should be an awesome carpet season!

The track is going to be about 4000 SF.

We'll be working on it the last weekend of September, everyone is welcome to come out and help!

We will be racing off-road the last Sunday of the month (one last chance to light up the nitro), then we'll pull the loop and hunker down for a nice long, controlled environment carpet racing season!

Looks like the Touring Car Class(es) are going to be rubber tire. We have Take Off Tires coming in stock soon.

We have L4's, TT-01's and Losi Sliders in stock and ready to go.

Thanks!
Old 09-07-2007, 01:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Its worth repeating: Lipo powered brushless 13.5 stock touring cars on rubber tires. I believe this will be the future of Touring Car racing in the next couple of years. But thanks to Chuck and Doug, we don't have to wait that long!

While everyone else is truing foams, cutting coms, adjusting rollout or their ridehights and re-peaking batteries just before the next race, we'll be loafing in the pits B.S.ing about how we should have won that last qualifier!

And if you've been to the Altoona Raceway you would know that if there's one thing we do well its BS!
Old 09-07-2007, 01:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Ed,I will fit in with BS...I will always be in the A main on that level...lol

My Wife and I stopped in today at the shop and it was closed.Is that Huge Room there working on the Track??
Old 09-07-2007, 04:22 PM
Tech Master

RUBBER TIRES?????!!!!! AWESOME.......I'm 99.9% sure I'll be definate in touring this year!

Ed, there will still be a small degree of all the stuff you mentioned in your last post!!!! ONE WORD OVAL!!!!!!

BOOGITY,BOOGITY,BOOGITY..........LET"S GO RACING!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-07-2007, 05:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ILOVETOYS
Ed,I will fit in with BS...I will always be in the A main on that level...lol

My Wife and I stopped in today at the shop and it was closed.Is that Huge Room there working on the Track??

No! The new location will be in the building adjacet-(BRAIN FREEZE) to where the hobby shop is now. It is the building you drove past when you entered the parking lot! The shop and track will be moved to that section of the building toward the end of September. The room you saw being worked on was the location of the "old" track. What class-classes will you be running? Oval maybe?!?

If you need something from the shop call TRS or pm me! Someone will come over and let you in. The shop is not much for browsing right now as they-we are in the process of getting things ready to move!
Old 09-07-2007, 06:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default oval

i will be there this weekend, for my last nitro race of the season. I wont be making the very last race, I need that extra week to get the oval car back up and running. Are we doing the F-1 style qualifying again this week? Does TRS have any other size of fuel other then gallons?? I really dont want to buy a whole gallon for 1 race, but if I have to then so be it

mmmmmmm.....carpet!!!!

Mad
Old 09-07-2007, 06:52 PM
Tech Master

mmmmmmm.....carpet!!!!

Mad

WORD!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-07-2007, 07:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by gixxerman
No! The new location will be in the building adjacet-(BRAIN FREEZE) to where the hobby shop is now. It is the building you drove past when you entered the parking lot! The shop and track will be moved to that section of the building toward the end of September. The room you saw being worked on was the location of the "old" track. What class-classes will you be running? Oval maybe?!?

If you need something from the shop call TRS or pm me! Someone will come over and let you in. The shop is not much for browsing right now as they-we are in the process of getting things ready to move!

Thanks Man!!Going to get a closer look at what classes will be run. Im hoping for the 1/12th scale pan and one other class. Im starting from scratch and I mean scratch...lol I got to read up on this Brushless stuff.Its Greek to me right now.With Hunting season coming,I will most likely run for fun if the track is open and after I get a membership. It rough being out of the hobby for so long.I forgot almost everything.Maybe I can run the Powder Puff race...lol TTYL Mike
Old 09-08-2007, 07:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

rubber tires are nice for the cost.but at the sametime they suck to find good-set-up on them.....(wondery),
will have to wait and see....

would rather run foams though....
Old 09-08-2007, 09:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Matt - I still like foams, but, they are not exactly very 'user friendly'. You buy them, you cut them down to size, you use them for maybe a couple of weekends and then you throw them away if your lucky they don't chunk first.

This year we need turnout more than we need traction and I think the rubber tires will help grow the class because they last longer and are more durable and just about every RTR and most kits come equipped with rubber tires.

I also expect that rubber tires wll help reduce some of the performance gap between the $400 high end carbon fiber cars and the under $200 budget minded tub chasis cars.

I'm very optimistic about rubber tires. You may remember I used some CS-27s for a few races last year and they worked great. I still have them in fact unlike the 10 sets of foams I went through last year.

Last edited by Ed237; 09-08-2007 at 10:09 AM.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Matt , Ed , Keep in mind if we do get turn out , there could allways be two classes ! but if i was to run it i would also vote on the rubber too .
Old 09-08-2007, 02:30 PM
Tech Adept

OVAL!

iCeNuTz
Old 09-08-2007, 02:30 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by iCeNuTz
OVAL!

iCeNuTz
That just happened!

iCeNuTz
Old 09-08-2007, 08:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iCeNuTz
That just happened!

iCeNuTz
what just happened ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.