Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2003, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

So PW how are your guys doing on the rug?

Freq- This thread is one of the best info loactions I have found for any type of rc racing. Great time spent to go back and read some of the posts on this site. I know the guys have really helped me get my car going well and all the little tips they have to make the car even better!

Jeff
Old 03-08-2003, 08:13 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

BobbyFlack thanks for the info. I have not run Schumacher touring cars since the Axis 2 days. I'm a little out of the loop on the Mission. I have been slowly reading the thread to get some tips. Seems like it is the best effort to date from Schumacher.
Old 03-08-2003, 08:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default Other Shocks

I agree with PW, it is hard enough to setup a car, when you are the only one at the track running it, then you have to make it even that much harder than second guessing the equipment you have opted to change on your car. This is the problem I face when I race my mission. It takes a little more trial and error to get the setup for a imparticular track, but when it is set is is so fast. You cant just go ahead and ask the fast guy what the setup is. So,. just dont make your job harder than it already is.
The schumacher shocks, in my eyes are some of the nicest out there, simple to build and simple to tune.
Old 03-09-2003, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)
Default Alex Lopez

CONGRATULATIONS on the 12th scale TQ and WIN. Also, great job on the A main sedan run. What a great showing this year Alex. You laid it down swell my man!

Awesome job brutha!!!!!!!
Old 03-09-2003, 07:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey guy's, congrat's to the Schumacher team at the Nat's.
My 9 year old son ran his new mission for the first time today at The RC Speedway in Durham, N.C.; and he won the novice class. He ran fast enough to make the A in stock also. I'm very impressed with the car still, and look forward to learning more about it and getting better. I have a mission on the way too; with our prev. car's I could run a lap better than my son, well today he ran a lap better than I did. Alot of people were impressed with the car today. I'll keep you informed on our progress; and I look forward to seeing Team Schumacher here at Durham [Franklinton] for the asphalt Nat's in June. Well gotta go.....Hank & Joseph
Old 03-09-2003, 08:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

man that is my dream race day to race with my son. How old was your son when he started to race. Mine just turned 5 today. Would be interested in hearing what setup you ran.

Congrates on the win with the car!

Jeff Werner
Old 03-10-2003, 09:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Alex's win

That is also the first mayor win for team TQ! Check us out at www.tqhobbies.com
Old 03-10-2003, 01:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

anyone suggest what rubber tires to use on untreated parkinglot tracks....tractioin is medium.
Old 03-10-2003, 02:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

bob you try sorex's yet? i'm gonna run foams, but i know your mission runs better with rubbers. did you consider inserts too. tires are only have the problem.
Old 03-10-2003, 02:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Bob, I have had great success with Take Off 27's, I find them as a good starting point. What do the people that run fast use ?
Old 03-10-2003, 02:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default this was posted by Jeff werner

Freq- This thread is one of the best info loactions I have found for any type of rc racing. Great time spent to go back and read some of the posts on this site. I know the guys have really helped me get my car going well and all the little tips they have to make the car even better!

I myself have not had very good luck with this thread...I know I don't have a mission as it is a little out of my price range for right now, but I do have 2 axis 2's and I love them...but whenever I ask any questions I get nothing!!!! I am a frequent user of this forum but I guess since I do not have the big $$ like you big boys I will have to look elsewhere for answers to my questions...I will be getting a mission but I was just trying to get some better equipment (ie:chargers,batteries.....) as I have found this hobby to be fairly expensive for the beginer...

I do not want to scare off any new comers to this thread as it does have a tremendous amount of info..but I would just like to say remember about us little guy's
Old 03-10-2003, 03:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Jeff, my son was 8 last year when we started. Been doing RC for a long time, just no racing until last Dec. We started on an indoor off-road track, then in the summer went parking lot racing. The man that ran the parking lot races built a nice permanent track at a family fun center, ie. go-kart's,skating, gameroom,etc.. This track is hosting the asphalt National's this summer too, gonna be a blast!
As for set-up, went mostly with the kit setting's, red spring's, 40 weight oil, the upper arm's are in the bottom holes. Just wanted to get the car going and then learn some setup's. Might try D. Vera's asphalt set-up next; it call's for blue front spring's and a little different oil. We have to run rubber TakeOff tires, but his car ran really well on them. As I said, I was fighting mine all day, and he consistantly ran faster than me, and I never changed a thing on his all day. He sort of has a motor deal now and the guy, Brad at MindBlown Modified's, wanted to tweak the motor a little, but that was all We did to his all day, the consistancy was
what I liked most of all. Can't wait till my mission comes in.
Well, I'll hush for now. But I will have to say, compare the cost of a mission to other car's, and then add the option's you will need to be competative and I think this car is the better buy. Anyway, just my .02. See ya.......Hank

Old 03-10-2003, 09:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Racerb- I apologize that I don't know much about the Axis 2. The only Schumacher I have ever owned is the Mission so I know it pretty well. I would imagine this is the case with the other guys, too. I'm pretty sure Paul Wynn would help you more, but he has been out of town racing quite a bit lately.

Here are a few tips I know that apply to all Schumacher cars-
- get better bearings
- get better diff balls
- I like Losi pistons

Hope you find someone that knows more about the Axis 2....
Old 03-10-2003, 09:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Schui Shocks...How to fill?

Would someone be so kind as to generally walk me through setting up my shocks for my Axis 2? What I mean is I want to rebuild them and change the oil. I need to know how full to fill them, do I push the shaft in a certain amount before threading it on?.....how much should the shock come back out...etc.etc?? I have done shocks before just not the Schumacher style. Any help, tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brent
Old 03-10-2003, 11:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

tweeter i have run sorex's on my losi but havent tried them yet on the mission....as far as what do the fast guys around here run? tc3's with foam tires.... I swear one day imma just run around the pits and break all the drive shafts LOLOL. ya just dont see much else around here besides tc3's a few losi's a few xrays and thats about it. in fact besides of RC Old Man i only know of one other Mission owner in the area.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.