Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TQ Racing SX8

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 09:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I talked to Luther for a while this afternoon about the new parts and when they come out, y'all are gonna dig it! I'm so excited to be affiliated with a company that works so hard to put out a top notch car and continue to develop new parts to make it even better.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:57 PM
Tech Elite

hmmmmm.
first time seeing pics of this cars looks intresting curt i want drive it
Old 12-09-2008, 12:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

You would like it prokchop!

You could by 2 of them for the price of the 1 you are running now.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by brian kadow
You would like it prokchop!

You could by 2 of them for the price of the 1 you are running now.
well since i suck at set up i could always ask curt nicly for his
hmmm maybe in 09 when you guys release a light weight car i give it a try

and there no way i you be prying the x2 out my hand love that truck
Old 12-09-2008, 01:49 PM
Tech Elite

Dear Luther and the Gang

I have been doing alot of research to solve Gears problems with the truggy (out of pitch for meshing) and now i have the procedure to solve this problem.Its been tried and tested.

The procedure is as follows ok read below

STEP 1 when putting the gearbox pinion and crown gear together you must shim the gearbox tight (not loose )what it means is that
when you turn the gearbox outdrives by hand they must be hard to turn so must be tight .

STEP 2 Then place the geabox into the Truggy or use a drill to grab the outdrives or run the truggy for about 1 hour at half throttle to wear in the
the crown gear to the pinion thus becoming a match .

Please Note (Do not run the truggy on the track at full throttle or you risk damage .Full throttle should be exercised when the
gears have been properly run in and the crown and pinion have properly meshed with each other .

it always better to run in your New gearbox before you put it on the track and go balistic

This procedure has been created because it seems the buggy crown gear has been used with the truggy 11 tooth pinion which dont match pitch is not correct.but this procedure seems to fix that problem so you dont blow diffs
Old 12-09-2008, 02:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

BK, I need to give you a shout tonight about something.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Old 12-10-2008, 06:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Dear Luther and the Gang

I have been doing alot of research to solve Gears problems with the truggy (out of pitch for meshing) and now i have the procedure to solve this problem.Its been tried and tested.

The procedure is as follows ok read below

STEP 1 when putting the gearbox pinion and crown gear together you must shim the gearbox tight (not loose )what it means is that
when you turn the gearbox outdrives by hand they must be hard to turn so must be tight .

STEP 2 Then place the geabox into the Truggy or use a drill to grab the outdrives or run the truggy for about 1 hour at half throttle to wear in the
the crown gear to the pinion thus becoming a match .

Please Note (Do not run the truggy on the track at full throttle or you risk damage .Full throttle should be exercised when the
gears have been properly run in and the crown and pinion have properly meshed with each other .

it always better to run in your New gearbox before you put it on the track and go balistic

This procedure has been created because it seems the buggy crown gear has been used with the truggy 11 tooth pinion which dont match pitch is not correct.but this procedure seems to fix that problem so you dont blow diffs
That is very interesting. I wonder if that will work for other brands..... One hour is a long time though but I guess worth it if you know its right.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:26 AM
Tech Master

Brian I figured it out. I think.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Any questions you can e-mail me at [email protected]
Old 12-10-2008, 07:11 AM
Tech Master

So I can't call you?
Old 12-10-2008, 11:39 AM
vr6
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

is the truggy available yet, or is it just for elite team drivers still?
Old 12-10-2008, 01:30 PM
Tech Master

I don't think the truck is out yet to the public. I was told it will be soon.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey guys im gettin a sx8 from a friend in a couple of weeks. and i wana know what i should have as spares in case it breaks cause im goin to a big race. please dont leave anything out cause i would hate to break and be stuck with out something since hobby shops dont sell our parts. your help and advice will be greatly appreciated.thank you
Old 12-10-2008, 09:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by vnmsgt
That is very interesting. I wonder if that will work for other brands..... One hour is a long time though but I guess worth it if you know its right.
It is worth doing trust me .

there are some things that fail in a gearbox .

1st the shimming must be perfect for pinion and crown gear tight is always better because it will wear itself in.no pinion and crown gear are matches they have to be run in to match .

2nd Gear box cases can also be faulty with not coming together perfectly when screwed tight .

pinion outdrive bearings are also a problem when they of poor quality and can colapse and most kits these days come out with poor cheap bearings.

once a bearing colapses then the pinion detaches off course and thats when the teeth start to break off because of the alignment being off .

shimming is very important .

for example i had a guy break diffs in his nanda nrt-3 but also broke diffs in his kyosho and rc8t and many more so you cannot tell me that the problem is within the product .The problem is with the individual on some occations not all .

I think personally think that if you follow what i have put in place as a procedure then you will not have any problems.

like motors need to be run in so does the drive train its common sense .

not all pinions and crown gears are a match it is impossible you need to match them and the best way is to run them and wear them in .

i hope this helps

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.