Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 10:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey Bobby, where did it bend?
Old 04-12-2009, 04:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Had a few conflicting reports ,what would be the best ceramic bearings to get?
Old 04-12-2009, 06:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lethallee69
Had a few conflicting reports ,what would be the best ceramic bearings to get?
i use the boca ceramic bearings and they are real good 65 for the set but also avid revolution bearings are great and only 5 bucks a pop www.avidrc.com
Old 04-12-2009, 06:52 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Does anyone have pics or info on doing the angled servo setup. Are they using different built in servo saver setup ro different mounting arm? Anyone have more info or thread that goes over this better.

I just got the car and would like to do this setup as it gives me so much extra room when using the Futaba 9551 for the rest of electronics.

Thanks
Brian
Old 04-12-2009, 07:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
Does anyone have pics or info on doing the angled servo setup. Are they using different built in servo saver setup ro different mounting arm? Anyone have more info or thread that goes over this better.

I just got the car and would like to do this setup as it gives me so much extra room when using the Futaba 9551 for the rest of electronics.

Thanks
Brian
Brian, I am fairly sure that when they do the angled/forward facing servo setup that they have to flip the drive train so the front belt is on the battery side. When doing this it makes the front one way useless. At the C that might not be too good. Also they have said that they do the servo mod to calm the steering down and take out some of the sensitivity for modified racing.
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC5-tc5.jpg  
Old 04-12-2009, 07:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 44 (98%+)

Originally Posted by LATC3
Towerhobbies.com has them. There integy so be aware....
Other than bling, what benefit would I expect with these?
Old 04-12-2009, 08:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by roberto300
Hey Bobby, where did it bend?
Left rear Hey Roberto LJ is down from Michigan so I hope you bring your super A game! Man, he is fast.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:06 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KHoff7
Brian, I am fairly sure that when they do the angled/forward facing servo setup that they have to flip the drive train so the front belt is on the battery side. When doing this it makes the front one way useless. At the C that might not be too good. Also they have said that they do the servo mod to calm the steering down and take out some of the sensitivity for modified racing.
Thanks for the info. I'm alot behind on touring lately. Things happen fast in this class and when you leave for almost 2 years you miss out on alot of info.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by 6Venom
I'm using the steering knuckles purely for durability. Like I said earlier, I got lucky with the steering knuckles. If you use those and the servo saver there are more combinations for steering linkage positions. Knowing now about the overall quality of the parts I wouldn't buy any of the them. I don't like to slam a mfr, but the quality just isn't consistent and the grade of aluminum doesn't appear to be top shelf.
Old 04-12-2009, 10:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 6Venom
There stronger. I'm someone who bought integy parts for other cars and trucks and its either a hit or miss thing. Some integy parts are horrible some are well made.

The tc5 integy aluminum parts are very well made and people who i know that use them have no issues.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 44 (98%+)

Thanks for the replies. I would like durability but there seem to be concerns with the quality. I'll have to think about it...but again, thanks.
Old 04-12-2009, 05:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by LATC3
There stronger. I'm someone who bought integy parts for other cars and trucks and its either a hit or miss thing. Some integy parts are horrible some are well made.

The tc5 integy aluminum parts are very well made and people who i know that use them have no issues.
agreed i havent seen a integy part that is bad ive seen more misproduced associated parts than integy
Old 04-12-2009, 05:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by B-DAWG
I tweaked my rear left bulkhead. Now the car is 1 degree off in the rear toe after I tried the straighten it. Is this a common problem? I guy I race with did the samething with his front bulkhead on his t2 009.
wow wat did u hit and are u using aluminum arms as well
Old 04-12-2009, 05:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mr crum
agreed i havent seen a integy part that is bad ive seen more misproduced associated parts than integy
And how many integy parts have you seen compared to AE parts? I'm not defending or slamming anyone but when you see one integy part compared to a couple hundred AE parts, it's not hard to see that.

I used to work in a shop. it was bad how much integy stuff we had to send back because it wasn't drilled, didn't fit what it was supposed to, wasn't tapped, wasn't aligned properly in the jig, etc.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Scottmisfits
And how many integy parts have you seen compared to AE parts? I'm not defending or slamming anyone but when you see one integy part compared to a couple hundred AE parts, it's not hard to see that.

I used to work in a shop. it was bad how much integy stuff we had to send back because it wasn't drilled, didn't fit what it was supposed to, wasn't tapped, wasn't aligned properly in the jig, etc.
been in the hobby for over 10 yrs had hundreds of integy parts been running associated since the original rc 10 buggy so as far as how many parts ive seen there buddy ive seen thousands over the years so for u to say i havent seen parts to say the associated that i race i might add chassis countersunk to much bulkhead chassis screws not tapped diff cam holders milled to 5 diffrent thickness on 3 diffrent cam holders i can keep goin if u need to anytime u mass produce anything ur gona have defects the quality control is wheres these companys are slipping and when there products are in hi demand they slip them thru quality control to get them on the market so next time u wanna slam someone make sure u know wat ur talkin bout so u dont look like a FOOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.