Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree248Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 05:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Not a bad video. I love the reaction at the end.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Autocratic
Not a bad video. I love the reaction at the end.

He he......he wasn't supposed to test it tonight but since most of his prewired electronics from the B44.1 was a direct fit he couldn't resist and slapped on some almost worn out wheels from a DEX410 and went out for a few gentle laps......not doing the double-double in front of the stand and being very cautious......but being too cautious always leads to mistakes

Well......at least now it's broken in

I wont be able to take mine out for some laps until Thursday so plenty of time to get the electronics in and slap on some paint

Bent
Old 12-11-2012, 05:31 PM
Tech Addict

Great vid. AiyAiyAiyAiy
Old 12-11-2012, 05:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Let us know how the build goes its xray so I'm sure it will go great but put up pics of build
Old 12-11-2012, 05:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Theibault
Great vid. AiyAiyAiyAiy
He he....thanks

Originally Posted by Catzilla
Let us know how the build goes its xray so I'm sure it will go great but put up pics of build
Build has gone as smooth as expected......everything fits first try with no slop......drivetrain is butter smooth with almost zero drag.....diffs are ridiculously lightweight with all composite gears and cross pins.......shocks go together with no issues at all and are super easy to setup with zero rebound.

Car is well thought out with plenty of room for electronics and diff removal is a breeze with just 4 screws.......2 from the front and 2 through the bottom plate

Everything is 2mm hex with the exception of a few set screws that uses 1.5mm.

Front A-arms, knuckles, rear uprights, front and rear inner hinge pins, front and rear sway bars are interchangeable +++ and pins for driveshafts F + C + R and hexes are all the same size.......meaning less parts needed for spares

You can tell they have taken their time designing this buggy

Bent
Old 12-11-2012, 07:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Nice

Thx for update can't wait to get mine us poor saps in us shipping can't be fast enough
Old 12-11-2012, 07:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

For those of you who are lucky to have a kit already, could you please take a minute or two and try to fit the largest pinion you can and report back to us?

Many thanks!

Old 12-11-2012, 09:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I may have missed something but what other wheels are going to fit ? directly or with different hexes ? yes, i have one coming can't wait.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by asc6000
I may have missed something but what other wheels are going to fit ? directly or with different hexes ? yes, i have one coming can't wait.
DEX410 wheels from Durango or DE Racing fit.

Fronts are a direct fit and the rears you have to ream out the center hole just a tad.
Offsets are the same.

Bent
Old 12-11-2012, 11:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Xyzzy
For those of you who are lucky to have a kit already, could you please take a minute or two and try to fit the largest pinion you can and report back to us?

Many thanks!

If nobody beats me to it I'll se if I can test fit a few pinions later when I'm back from work

Bent
Old 12-12-2012, 12:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

G,day all,,,
We wont be getting kits till 20th dec,,but looking forward to my 1st Xray,,{Xraymas}
the spur gears look simliar to assc,,am I wrong or ?
I'll be running this in stock class,so any info would be apreciated,,
Old 12-12-2012, 01:23 AM
Tech Adept

Build photos of the Xray XB4 can be found below...

http://www.rc-area.co.uk/2012/12/12/...-build-photos/
Old 12-12-2012, 01:54 AM
Tech Adept

Default cool indoor track

Originally Posted by BentKa
If nobody beats me to it I'll se if I can test fit a few pinions later when I'm back from work

Bent
Hey BentKa where is your club track located mate? indoor racing looks cool.

I will be touring Europe from March next year, misses is working back in Cologne. I just want to add your track to my visit list. Not into visiting museums, history, old buildings etc I壇 rather try out all the EP off-road & on road RC tacks I can find to meet simular minded people (nerds). I got Norway visit on my list, I値l pop in for a club meet, ya daughter will probably beat me anyway, if she beats me I値l give her a little toy stuffed Kangaroo as a trophy (I知 from Australia). If it's a private track please PM me.

Hey 'doorz' with the end of the world supposedly happening on the 2oth Dec, you should beg the distributor to get the kits in a day earlier, at least get a few laps in, just in case.

Kev
Old 12-12-2012, 02:27 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bigkev
Hey BentKa where is your club track located mate? indoor racing looks cool.

I will be touring Europe from March next year, misses is working back in Cologne. I just want to add your track to my visit list. Not into visiting museums, history, old buildings etc I壇 rather try out all the EP off-road & on road RC tacks I can find to meet simular minded people (nerds). I got Norway visit on my list, I値l pop in for a club meet, ya daughter will probably beat me anyway, if she beats me I値l give her a little toy stuffed Kangaroo as a trophy (I知 from Australia). If it's a private track please PM me.

Hey 'doorz' with the end of the world supposedly happening on the 2oth Dec, you should beg the distributor to get the kits in a day earlier, at least get a few laps in, just in case.

Kev
Hi Kev

Mustit Raceway is located in Moss approximately 60 km south of Oslo and only 10 minutes from Rygge Airport.

Their website for more info: www.mustit.no

They are also hosting the Petit Race in January: http://www.petitrc.com/

Bent
Old 12-12-2012, 02:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by doorz
G,day all,,,
We wont be getting kits till 20th dec,,but looking forward to my 1st Xray,,{Xraymas}
the spur gears look simliar to assc,,am I wrong or ?
I'll be running this in stock class,so any info would be apreciated,,
Do you know which Aussie shops will be stocking the XB4?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.