Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree54Likes

TT-01 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 02:28 PM
Tech Adept

mcskinny, can u ask somebody to let u try their battery pack for one run, maybe at the local hobby shop or track? if its the battery gone bad, that will tell u right away and it won't cost u anything. most guys wouldn't mind lending u a pack for 5 minutes or so to check it out i think.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Interniittent Reception

McSkinny,

Also check the xtals have not been swapped. You might have the transmitter xtal in the receiver and vice-a-versa

Kav
Old 09-22-2007, 07:33 AM
Tech Rookie

i have tried both cheers guys, but it is still happening do you think it could be the reciever? and would i need another controller if i was to buy a new reciever?
Old 09-22-2007, 08:21 AM
Tech Regular

Default Intermittent

Originally Posted by mcskinny1
i have tried both cheers guys, but it is still happening do you think it could be the reciever? and would i need another controller if i was to buy a new reciever?
McSkinny,

It still could be any number of things.

Try and find someone with the same radio gear, working:
Test your receiver with their transmitter, and vice-a-versa.
Test each pair with their crystals and test your crystals with theirs - find a possible weak link.

Kav
Old 09-22-2007, 08:44 AM
Tech Rookie

cheers for that, it wont be the esc coz that would either work or it wouldnt right?
Old 09-22-2007, 09:30 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mcskinny1
cheers for that, it wont be the esc coz that would either work or it wouldnt right?
The only issue I have ever had with an esc, is cutting out due to overheating, the tamiya one, it started working after a few minutes, when cooled.

Kav
Old 09-22-2007, 06:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Right, it's either the receiver or the transmitter at this point.

I know it's a stupid question, but did you check to make sure the crystals are the same/fully in place?

I started my Rc-ing on Xmods from RadioShack (I am selling them... if anyone is interested) and when the range was really bad and cut out after a meter or so, this usually happened when the antenna touched a power source. I am hoping your antenna has no exposed wire so you wouldn't have to worry about it, but that could be one problem.

I have a feeling it's the receiver...not sure why.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Cool

yea i have made sure the crystals are correctly inserted and the right way round, the antenna isnt touching anything metal i have checked, im gonna get my behind down to the hobby shop and get a new set ov crystals, a battery and a reciever, it must be one ov them things, cheeers
Old 10-16-2007, 04:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Cool My starting point.

New to the forum and to the RC Hobby in general but wanted to say hello to everyone and show what I have going on I bought the TT01 Nismo and after reading your replies and comments I bought these hop ups.

TAMIYA (#50357) 22T, 23T, AV PINIION GEAR SET
TAMIYA (#50356) 20T, 21T, AV PINION GEAR SET
Double Rubber Seals Bearing Set (TT01_DF02_16) 16pcs for TT01/DF02
Tamiya TT-01 Aluminum Propeller Shaft US$4.60
TAMIYA (#3455878) Rear Propeller Joint for 58348
TAMIYA (#3455877) Front Propeller Joint for 58348
Fan-Shaped Motor Heat Sink for 540 Motor(#3RAC-MHS003/BU)- Blue Color
Graphite Upper Deck(#TT01-17/WO) For Tamiya TT-01
TAMIYA (#53665) TT-01 Spur Gear Set (55T/58T)
Tamiya TT-01 Metal Motor Mount
Tamiya (#53068) RS-540 SPORT TUNED MOTOR
Yeah Racing (#DP-0001BU) Alloy 50mm Damper Set 1/10 Car

Future Upgrades will be
Super Stock Motor either RZ or TZ
Steering upgrades.

My first attempt at a lid paint job.

To all those in the Sacramento area I am looking for the best tracks around to start practicing. Any help you guys can give and I don't just mean enthusiasts in the Sac area would be greatly appreciated. I have learned a great deal already but you can never learn to much.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Wow!

That is an amazing paint job! How did you do that?

Anywho, the setup looks nice already. If course you have to practice and run around with your car first before you really can gauge what you need. If you run it around and have thing you want to improve, (i.e. handling, cornering, tire spin, jerky steering, etc) then describe it here and we can help you out with what you need to do.

Can you get some chassis pictures?
Old 10-16-2007, 09:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up

Hey Mooshu,
I use a Metallic Burgundy for the top and a frost silver for the bottom. I wish the burgundy was darker but hey its my first and it turned out good. My wife just got rid of her Toyota Celica(Real car) So I bought a celica body to pay a little homage to her for letting me spend all this money lol. It will be painted a Metallic Blue. As the parts come in and I start doing more stuff to it i will take pictures of the build up. One thing I forgot to mention was that I also have a Spektrum DS2.0 Transmitter and I am using the high torque z590 servo hope it does everything I need it to. I wil wait until i get some practice in before I spend anymore on parts but definately will be getting a motor upgrade to RZ or TZ Super Stocks.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:03 AM
Tech Regular

dfiantii,

The paint looks cool.

I am assuming that your starting point was not a tt-01D. If I am incorrect, apologise for a wated post.

You mention steering upgrades .. Yes! and Yes!. The aluminium is a great improvement.

Also you might like to get:

53674 Adjustable Upper Arms: will let you adjust Camber.
51217 tt-01D B parts: lower arms with extra shock mount points and downstop adjustment.

Cheers

Kav
Old 10-17-2007, 05:40 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (60%+)

Old 10-17-2007, 04:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ah, okay, but I was more asking how physically you painted that. I am assuming that this was airbrushed, so you just painted the burgundy and backed it with the white?

Go for a Co-27 Trinity motor when you get a chance. They're awesome stock motors and are a huge step up from the Sports tuned motor. If you get one, get a Pro stock. They're a little bit more expensive, but the performance is noticably better imo.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up

Hey Mooshu,
I sprayed it first with the metallic burgunday and what should have happened was i was going to take the burgandy down further but it did not turn out that way. I spraid the burgandy to where i felt comfortable and then i did the edges or bottom half with a frost white.. I only did about or three coats of each. I was suppose to put more coats of burgandy but i overspraid a little into the burgandy with the frost white so i just went with what i had. It still turned out good for a first time lid.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.