Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree54Likes

TT-01 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 02:06 PM
Tech Adept

mog ruith,

i had the exact same problem and i never did track it down, although i checked some very reasonable and common sense tips that seemed like they ought to cure the problems [like worn/defective bearings, binding, camber, toe-in, oddly worn tires, binding hinge-pins, bad servo, stripped splines, loose bell & crank, faulty rx/tx, battery, etc, etc.]

the car runs like a peach, but in the beginning it pulls left, then straightens out, then eventually pulls right, and then tapers off to straight again about the end of the battery pack. i've gotten really good at on the move trimming.

if u ever find the cause, i'm dying to hear it.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

ur dying to hear if i a have a solution swan? i was expexting the bros here to help me out n give some solution....
im at wits end
Old 09-17-2007, 06:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mog ruith
hi guys, my car goes more to the right n sumtimes to the left n not straight!
wats the problem with that?
Mog,

If you center your wheels while holding the car. Then put it down:
Turn full left with your controller and release, do the weels come back to center. Repeat to the right.

If they don't return to center, there might be something binding.
I found that backing of the king pin bolts a 1/4 turn helped.

Disconnect your servo and move the steering to feel for binding.

There are a few improvemnets that can be made to the steering with some shims, that will help remove the play.

With regards to wheel wobble, if you don't have them, get the aluminium locking hubs. Inspect the slots in the back of the black of the plastic hubs, they wear quickly. Some shims between the pin and the bearings|bushes will also assist the hubs alignment.

In my limited experience, the entire suspension and steering onthe TT-01 needs shimming. I can detail this if you like.

Kav
Old 09-17-2007, 06:29 PM
Tech Addict

kav,

i have lift the car n steer it to the left n right, i moves back to the center
so i guess theres no binding.

so what else could cause this? all i can see it may because of my rear wheels thar r wobbling that cause it to not run in a straight direction but instead sometimes left or right
Old 09-17-2007, 06:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Check your steering turnbuckles. IF they're different lengths, the car will want to pull either way.

Also, what are you driving on? High Pile carpet will keep you from driving straight and true.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:07 PM
Tech Regular

Default Shimming Wheel Wobble

kav,
so what else could cause this? all i can see it may because of my rear wheels thar r wobbling that cause it to not run in a straight direction but instead sometimes left or right
Mog,

Personally I doubt that rear wobble will cause the pull to left or right.

However, I removed wobble on all four wheels after I put in the universals with Tamiya PN# 53587 - 5mm Shim Kit. (it's pretty cheap)

In the case of my right rear wheel 2 x 0.2mm shims slipped on to the axle under the locking pin.
These shims contact the inner ring of the bearing and the inside of the black plastic hub. They prevent the the hub from being overtightend on to the locking pin and they reduce the damage caused by crashes to the black plastic hub .. effectively they hold the hub in alignment.

I have aluminium hubs, I still have the shims in place. They prevent the axle and wheel from moving in and out.

Kav
Old 09-17-2007, 09:43 PM
Tech Regular

hi guys, my car goes more to the right n sumtimes to the left n not straight!
wats the problem with that? i adjust the steering trim lots of times but after a few turns it will turn more to the left or either right. i just change to the universal shaft n check my wheels seems to wobble, could that be the cause?
im sick of adjusting my steering trim!
what is your tx?
middle grade tx can individualy control the left and right turning, and after you get the proper setup save it to memory.
or
Now im guessing to the situation, you mentioned “after some turning the problem will knocked in” so meaning the problem acquired when the car was far from you am i right (never mind my left )
In this case the problem is the signal.
Check your servo and esc somebody told me that it should not be close to one another; even the receiver should have distance from the servo.
Check also the installation of your antenna and your electronics

Last edited by squad car; 09-17-2007 at 10:55 PM.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:23 AM
Tech Addict

roger that squad, i will check my electronics

kav, i will try to get the shims a.s.a.p

n moshu im drivin on flat cement, plus the steering turnbuckles arent they of the standard length??
Old 09-18-2007, 06:00 AM
Tech Regular

n moshu im drivin on flat cement, plus the steering turnbuckles arent they of the standard length??
if youre using the old setup of tamiya it should be same lenght. but if youre using adjustable turnbuckles, you have to adjust it manually
Old 09-18-2007, 11:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Haha I forgot not all TT-01 chassis' are fitted with adjustable toe...

I just wanted to confirm: the adjustable upper arms do NOT adjust toe in the rear, right? I know they adjust camber.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mooshu Beef
Haha I forgot not all TT-01 chassis' are fitted with adjustable toe...

I just wanted to confirm: the adjustable upper arms do NOT adjust toe in the rear, right? I know they adjust camber.
yup you are right it is for setting the camber
theres hop up for toe-in rear upright the tamiya #53673 and #53800 for the aluminum both are design for 2degrees toe-in
Old 09-18-2007, 01:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

yeah I did see that upright. I wish they had adjustable toe... or maybe I should just get a better chassis
Old 09-18-2007, 02:17 PM
Tech Addict

im using the standard tamiya set up instead of the adjustables turnbuckles,
so right now how do i still this prob
Old 09-20-2007, 04:27 AM
Tech Regular

Default Stripped Holes

Guys,

I am newish to this forum, having read it, there is quite a lot of questions about stripped screw holes.

I have experienced this. Hopefully I have found a solution for some of them.

Having to remove the carbon the carbon fibre uppr for every motor rebuild or gear change, I have stripped all 4 holes - the gear cover hold down screws and the opposing 2 at the fromt.

I have screwed and epoxied 20mm x 3mm grub screws into the holes and hold the carbon fibre upper in place with 3mm nyloc nuts - It seems to be working

I hope this helps somebody.

Kav
Old 09-20-2007, 11:21 AM
Tech Rookie

please help

hi there i am new to this forum. i brought a tamiya tt-01 with quite a few hop ups motor etc second hand and the car works perfect appart from when i gt further away, say more than 7 meters, the signal cuts out and is intermittent etc. i changed the batteries in my controller, do you think it is the battery itself dying to quick coz of age? or are there anymore common problems? any help would be appreciated, cheers!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.