Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rinolino
Jeff,

Congrats to you on putting together the event, Puerto Rico was lots of fun, hope to make it next year with better luck.
Since I am peruvian I had some information of what you were talking about, but good luck with that anyway.
Thanks for all of your help, glad you had a great time racing with us again!
Attached Thumbnails GT class--buggy-based on road!-desoto-lino-2012-ipanema-gt-world-championships-barceloneta.jpg  
Old 04-01-2012, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Rules for the race, same as in Peru :

- USD$ 280 engine pricing limit.
- Shaft driven cars only.
- No Centax Clutch allowed, only 3-4 shoes offroad type clutches.
- No solid axles allowed (front or rear).
- No Thorsen like diffs allowed
- Only rubber tires.
- GT Bodies only (engine head remains under the body)
- 2 speedbox allowed.

cya !
I like these specs, wish more would follow.

Motor cost based on A-Main, Stormer, Tower, Desoto Racing ........
Old 04-01-2012, 08:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grenade10
I like these specs, wish more would follow.

Motor cost based on A-Main, Stormer, Tower, Desoto Racing ........
+1. That actually lets you get a decent engine. I hate the $200 engine rule. For just a tad more cash you can get such a nicer engine.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by C-Trickle
+1. That actually lets you get a decent engine. I hate the $200 engine rule. For just a tad more cash you can get such a nicer engine.
I agree, Plus then you don't need to buy a good carb for the cheaper engine.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by C-Trickle
We agree, too. The $280 rule is perfect in our opinion. You have many excellent, very good quality and performance, engines from multiple manufacturers that fit this price point/rule. Hopefully more will follow/adopt.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:32 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

i think GT class is fun as hell , raced a 3 hour enduro race last season (late season) at time zone track in battle ground,wa

engines played a huge factor , 200$ limit does make it a lil hard but still doable , i would say 250$ usd would probably be appropriate for the situation for sure

GT class was fun
Old 04-02-2012, 02:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by desotoracing
We agree, too. The $280 rule is perfect in our opinion. You have many excellent, very good quality and performance, engines from multiple manufacturers that fit this price point/rule. Hopefully more will follow/adopt.
Hold on there, back up a minute….

You just raced at our 2012 GT World Championships last weekend and I hope you had fun too.

At the race, you swore up and down that the Novarossi N21-5T that you & Rino used in our GT Spec class was retail priced at $199.99.

The engine looked plenty fast on the track too. Everyone running in the Spec class agreed it was a little too fast and we all talked about it in Puerto Rico; didn’t we dude?

You said Novarossi N21-5T was the best deal for the Spec class racing and now in the very first post you make after attending our event, is your desire for increasing the $200 Spec engine limit to $280 dollars? Really?

Are you and your dealers really selling that Novarossi N21-5T for $199.99 or not?
Old 04-02-2012, 04:23 AM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Yes, 'back up a minute'.....

Everyone check your shoes....somebody stepped in something again.

Gee Whiz... the motor I wanted was $288.

Talking of the "pit muttering" that's what happened with Mike Lyday's 'spec
entry' at a previous race wasn't it?
Old 04-02-2012, 06:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pit-racer
Here we go again!
Hahahahaha is funny.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scary_jerry
Yes, 'back up a minute'.....

Everyone check your shoes....somebody stepped in something again.

Gee Whiz... the motor I wanted was $288.

Talking of the "pit muttering" that's what happened with Mike Lyday's 'spec
entry' at a previous race wasn't it?
I was at the Ipanema GT Worlds in Puerto Rico and I will tell you that Mike Lyday's engine was a Werks B5 that falls within the $200 and under rule. Mr. Lyday decided to run Spec on his own accord; no one twisted his arm. If someone pays the entry fee to race a class and the race manager accepts his entry, there should be no questions because it was agreed upon by the involved parties.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The funny thing about this latest discussion is that at Ipanema races, you have 4 classes that you can run:

Unlimited
Open
Spec
Electric

If you decide to buy an engine that cost $220, for example, you can run it in the Open class. There is no dollar limit on engines and you can run any type of engine you want in this class. Only the Spec class has the $200 and under engine rule. Jspeed's Spec class (based upon the Midwest Series rules) is a way to allow budget-minded racers to run, have fun, and be competitive. If you want to go balls-out and spend hundreds of dollars to race, then there is the Open class for you. Open and Spec has been Ipanema's two main classes since its inception and why, because it gives racers that participate an avenue to race based upon the equipment that they have.

Last edited by JLock; 04-02-2012 at 07:19 AM.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:39 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Hold on there, back up a minute….

You just raced at our 2012 GT World Championships last weekend and I hope you had fun too.

At the race, you swore up and down that the Novarossi N21-5T that you & Rino used in our GT Spec class was retail priced at $199.99.

The engine looked plenty fast on the track too. Everyone running in the Spec class agreed it was a little too fast and we all talked about it in Puerto Rico; didn’t we dude?

You said Novarossi N21-5T was the best deal for the Spec class racing and now in the very first post you make after attending our event, is your desire for increasing the $200 Spec engine limit to $280 dollars? Really?

Are you and your dealers really selling that Novarossi N21-5T for $199.99 or not?
2 different events, with 2 different sets of rules and we used 2 different engines.

Lima, Peru, $280 engine rule so we used the Nova N21R7, ~$260

Puerto Rico, $200 engine rule so we used the Nova N21-5T, ~$199

The only shady character here is you. You should keep the facts straight.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Since I do travel I have engines for each series that I have or will run. I've got Axial, Force and B5 for the $200 class, B6 and OS XZ for the $280 and Murnan 35+21 for open (only if I want to put it in the car) So for me it is a non issue. Sounds like Desoto does the same. I may have to try one of the $199 5 port Nova's.

But I agree that at $280, there are many engines by all manufactures that will out last the $200 ones and you do not need to purchase a good carb to make it run right. I believe that some times it costs you less overall with spending a little more on the front side.

In my opion, we need less classes, but each region or track needs to do what the local racers want. This is the only way to get and keep them running the class.

For anyone that is new, I made the same statement 2 years ago about the $200 engine in that it should have been $250. The $250 engines are now up to $275/$280.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

2 different events, with 2 different sets of rules and we used 2 different engines.

Shady dude?
Nobody called you shady, where is that coming from? lol

You guys ran the Nova N21-5T in our $200 or less dollar engine GT Spec class at our GT World Championships event. You swore up & down that you and your dealers sell it at $199.99.

Why are you talking about anything else but that Nova N21-5T?

Where can everyone buy that Nova N21-5T for $199.99, because it was the strongest “Spec” engine running on the track all week long? If the engine is really available for that price, there’s no need to buy anything else for more money…. Is there?

With all due respect, please don’t post any more of your “spin”.

Just show everyone here a list of links where the Nova N21-5T engine you guys used in our $200 dollar or less GT Spec class and where it can be purchased for $199.99?

That's all. Period.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Shady dude?
Nobody called you shady, where is that coming from? lol

You guys ran the Nova N21-5T in our $200 or less dollar engine GT Spec class at our GT World Championships event. You swore up & down that you and your dealers sell it at $199.99.

Why are you talking about anything else but that Nova N21-5T?

Where can everyone buy that Nova N21-5T for $199.99, because it was the strongest “Spec” engine running on the track all week long?

If the engine is really available for that price, there’s no need to buy anything else for more money…. Is there?

With all due respect, please don’t post any more of your “spin”.

Just show everyone here a list of links where the Nova N21-5T engine you guys used in our $200 dollar or less GT Spec class and where it can be purchased for $199.99?

That's all. Period.

Last edited by Jspeed; 04-02-2012 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Double posted..Where to buy it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.