Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 08:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey all, couple of questions. Picked up a used d413, it came with the schelle extended chassis, what effect will it have on handling? I'll be racing on a low/med grip indoor clay surface.

Also, I want to get some of the aftermarket shock pistons, any preference of the VRN or Rcshox? I plan on getting the 1.6 and 1.7, 2 hole.

Thanks.
Old 04-27-2015, 10:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mvrk28
That was my question, basically the 72 tooth is out of stock for the Exotek. So my question was what would the effects be of a 68, because it's available.
You may not get a 20 or even 21 pinion to work with a 68 spur... someone said that 19 pinion was the smallest they could fit with the 72 spur, if you go to 68 spur, then the pinion would need to be bigger... like 4 teeth to make up the distance.
Old 04-28-2015, 05:35 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Sofa King
You may not get a 20 or even 21 pinion to work with a 68 spur... someone said that 19 pinion was the smallest they could fit with the 72 spur, if you go to 68 spur, then the pinion would need to be bigger... like 4 teeth to make up the distance.
Great point I didn't even think about that.
Old 04-28-2015, 05:36 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Schwarta
Hey all, couple of questions. Picked up a used d413, it came with the schelle extended chassis, what effect will it have on handling? I'll be racing on a low/med grip indoor clay surface.

Also, I want to get some of the aftermarket shock pistons, any preference of the VRN or Rcshox? I plan on getting the 1.6 and 1.7, 2 hole.

Thanks.
I run VRP in my car highly recommend
Old 04-28-2015, 06:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by egobrkr
So I ordered a schelle +4 chassis. I think the buggy drives really good with the stock chassis and some setup changes. Numerous people have said the +4 chassis makes a big difference. I will report back after I race with it this weekend.
One of the best investment for this buggy by far. Its truly does make a difference, I've had mine for a few weeks now and dam wish I would have bought it months ago... LOL

Also when I did the chassis change over, I changed up the position of the RX and the ESC. My ESC is now right behind the motor and the RX is up front of the motor. When I scaled the buggy it was nicely balanced that way.
Old 04-28-2015, 07:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Schwarta

Thanks.
If you don't want to drill them(which is kinda fun btw) then i went with VRP. The quicker rebound/design worked really well at my track. I tried Rcshox...garbage. The tolerance was off on my set and the oil holes were oblong.
Old 04-28-2015, 08:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by nitro2be
Xra362290
Excellent Thank you!
Old 04-28-2015, 08:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitro2be
yep, I figured that out too.i felt like a genius. Lol.still have not put mine on right after I paid for exotek .maybe I'll do that now.thanks for the reminder
I know right..For sure it's my fault..But maybe...just maybe the instructions could be a little more direct.

Old 04-28-2015, 08:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I have been using the Schelle prototype aluminum chassis for a couple weeks now and here is my honest opinion. The chassis itself is diffrent then the avid one as the Schelle is milled out to allow flex. Weight wise of the top of my head I believe the car weighed around 30-40grams more and the car on the bench felt it had the same flex as the original chassis.

When building either +4 chassis make sure and put a O-ring on each side of the front center driveshaft inside the outdrives so it doesn't fall out.

On the track- I run on a smaller low to med bite track where we use highly sauced M4 electrons. The car in all honesty felt way better right of the start, it felt more planted all over and I didn't loose any traction from before also I noticed the car would let go of the corner alot better instead of wanting to keep turning out of the corner. After running it for 3 batteries I decided it needed alittle more shock oil weight so I went up 5 wt front and back "using 1.6F 1.7R" and the car just got better and easier to drive hard. After another race and practice day i ended up going from 10k front diff to 7k and usually this makes the car hard to drive but with this chassis on it the car came into and out of corners much faster and was able to hold the throttle longer on the sweeper which resulted in faster times.

Overall this is a quality product and something I would recommend for any track not just high bite. Also make sure and grab a chassis protector.
Old 04-28-2015, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Interesting how initially, outside the shock caps, this car was PERFECT in every possible facet, by far the easiest wheeler to drive and far and away the best wheeler to date. Now all these aftermarket accessories are released and "issues" are being resolved?

This is by no means an attack or insult on anyone, just pointing out contradictions I find humorous.
Old 04-28-2015, 09:28 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by the incubus
Interesting how initially, outside the shock caps, this car was PERFECT in every possible facet, by far the easiest wheeler to drive and far and away the best wheeler to date. Now all these aftermarket accessories are released and "issues" are being resolved?

This is by no means an attack or insult on anyone, just pointing out contradictions I find humorous.
Ty is not running the kit chassis. So it is not that perfect, lol. Otherwise, my main issue was shotty parts support and really soft plastics.
Old 04-28-2015, 09:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

The car initially is really good, but has a ton of steering "thats why you see people using 3.5 toe in on a high bite track" also why HPI came out with a +5 ackerman.

The chassis is by no means a must have but for the people looking to upgrade there car then this is for them. I ran the box stock car at cactus "shock caps and all" and it was really good but this just takes it up a notch IMO.
Old 04-28-2015, 10:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
Ty is not running the kit chassis. So it is not that perfect, lol. .
So has TY told you if the non kit chassis is faster than stock?
Old 04-28-2015, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (98%+)

So I just ordered the Schelle chassis. Pretty easy decision
I picked the car up 2nd hand and noticed the front top deck was broken. I could either spend 65 bucks for the top deck or 85 for the chassis. Really looking forward to getting it on and trying it this weekend.
Old 04-28-2015, 12:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by wheres_yogi
So I just ordered the Schelle chassis. Pretty easy decision
I picked the car up 2nd hand and noticed the front top deck was broken. I could either spend 65 bucks for the top deck or 85 for the chassis. Really looking forward to getting it on and trying it this weekend.
I always look forward to "getting it on"! LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.