Search
Like Tree130Likes

TA-05 ver.2

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 12:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (95%+)

Originally Posted by RielTime Racing
Not sure about the TA05 V2, but a 115 64p in the regular TA05 with the carbon fiber or aluminum spur brace will fit. It hangs out the bottom of the chassis just a bit. Running carpet was ok. The first time out on pavement I jammed it up with a pebble. Found that a 108 64p can run pretty well either carpet or pavement.
thanks, i do not have the carbon or aluminum top cover, so needed a spur option that would fit inside the sriginal cover for the version two, so there is no one running a 64p spur gear that can give me the tooth number, my local hobby store has none, and i do not want to order gears that will not fit and be stuck with them, thanks again for the help
Old 10-17-2010, 05:34 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zaraz
thanks, i do not have the carbon or aluminum top cover, so needed a spur option that would fit inside the sriginal cover for the version two, so there is no one running a 64p spur gear that can give me the tooth number, my local hobby store has none, and i do not want to order gears that will not fit and be stuck with them, thanks again for the help
I have always run 64 pitch gears in my touring cars(including my TA05 v.2), but I don't know if a 115 tooth spur will fit, as the largest one I've used in mine is a 104 tooth(& it fits & runs just fine). You MIGHT be able to get a 108T to work ok, but I can't guarantee it(& personally, I wouldn't run anything that protrudes too far toward the ground, too close to debris possibly chewing it up IMO)....
Old 10-17-2010, 07:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Buffalo 16
Does anyone know if the after market Gear diffs (Spec-R ,I think) made for the Tamiya 416 will fit in the TA05 Ver 2?
Thanks
I looked into this at the track this weekend....it could be made to fit if you narrow up one side or both sides where the bearings sit on the gear diff housing and let the bearing move in closer to the center more. Its about 1 to 2mm too thick to fit in the Ta05 Bulkheads. This was all with a Spec-R 416 Gear diff.
Old 10-17-2010, 09:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

My V2 is 2 days out on a brown truck. I took the liberty of reading through this whole thread, I just want to make sure I have all my bases covered. First, I am going to build the kit as the book says, however i have some parts coming in. These are parts that you guys recommended in this thread. 1)servo horn 2)alum diff outdrives 3)46mm cvd's...and I got some alum shocks....

This should make it pretty bulletproof, right??? Am I missing something?
Old 10-17-2010, 10:44 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DuckStang
My V2 is 2 days out on a brown truck. I took the liberty of reading through this whole thread, I just want to make sure I have all my bases covered. First, I am going to build the kit as the book says, however i have some parts coming in. These are parts that you guys recommended in this thread. 1)servo horn 2)alum diff outdrives 3)46mm cvd's...and I got some alum shocks....

This should make it pretty bulletproof, right??? Am I missing something?
Smart move taking the time to read this thread, it deffinitly helped me! And I think you got it.

If you can, I would also look into alum. steering set and sway bars also. I don't have these yet but have been recommended to get them a bunch of times.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:49 PM
Tech Addict

OH wow. What a f-ed up first experience with Tamiya products. I get the box today, I open it up, all excite. First thing I know is that it's missing the body. No big deal. I pull out the book getting ready to build the kit, I notice that the bag looks like someone just pulled something through the plastic. I keep going thinking everything is going to be ok, i don't even get through the first step and I immediately know that something is off. I am missing the e clip and the washer, as well as the bushing that goes on the end of the spur shaft.

Has anyone had this problem with tamiya, or is this a seller thing?? Thing is, i bought the kit on ebay, hopefully the seller takes it back, which puts me in a bind since i am going to have to wait 1 week for it to get there, 1 week to get back.

THIS COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY BLOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by DuckStang; 10-19-2010 at 06:13 PM.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

I don't think you can really blame Tamiya on that, it's pretty obvious the kit was tampered with by the seller. However, if you got the TA05 V2R that just came out, that doesn't come with a body - it's intended to let the racer choose their own body. They have a ton of normal V2 variations with different bodies.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:34 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by kdeselms
I don't think you can really blame Tamiya on that, it's pretty obvious the kit was tampered with by the seller. However, if you got the TA05 V2R that just came out, that doesn't come with a body - it's intended to let the racer choose their own body. They have a ton of normal V2 variations with different bodies.
No sir, just the ta05 v2. I wish it was the R.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:29 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

No sir, just the ta05 v2. I wish it was the R.
Did it still have the shrink wrap around the box, or was there just some tape keeping the box shut?
Old 10-19-2010, 09:40 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Grizzbob
Did it still have the shrink wrap around the box, or was there just some tape keeping the box shut?

It did have the shrink wrap around the box, however, how can the body be missing and a bag punched through??? Maybe the shop re-shrinked it???
Old 10-22-2010, 07:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

What teeth pinion and spur gear should i use if i am using a tamiya sports tuned motor?
Old 10-22-2010, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

It did have the shrink wrap around the box, however, how can the body be missing and a bag punched through??? Maybe the shop re-shrinked it???
It was most likely tampered and reshrinked with. Tamiya is very good with keeping there kits in up and up. Infact they usually will cover your missing items if you bought it from a retail store. Hopefully you will get your issues resolved.
Old 10-23-2010, 02:34 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by izzyracer
It was most likely tampered and reshrinked with. Tamiya is very good with keeping there kits in up and up. Infact they usually will cover your missing items if you bought it from a retail store. Hopefully you will get your issues resolved.

Issue resolved. Got a couple of e-clips from a lhs, some bearings, etc. About 20 bucks worth of stuff. Got a body for 30 bucks at my lhs. I could not be happier. I am in the process of finishing this build, my speed passion 17.5 with cirtix stock esc is here also.

One question, since the SP 17.5 has holes in the motor case, should I be covering the little scoop at the bottom of the chassis to prevent debris from entering the motor????

Well, two questions. Given a stock v2, what pinion gear should I be using??? My track has a 40-50ft straight.
Old 10-23-2010, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Issue resolved. Got a couple of e-clips from a lhs, some bearings, etc. About 20 bucks worth of stuff. Got a body for 30 bucks at my lhs. I could not be happier. I am in the process of finishing this build, my speed passion 17.5 with cirtix stock esc is here also.

One question, since the SP 17.5 has holes in the motor case, should I be covering the little scoop at the bottom of the chassis to prevent debris from entering the motor????

Well, two questions. Given a stock v2, what pinion gear should I be using??? My track has a 40-50ft straight.
The scoop is meant to bring AIR to the motor unit, you should not cover it. Your pinion will depend on your spur. What is it?
Old 10-24-2010, 11:56 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by izzyracer
The scoop is meant to bring AIR to the motor unit, you should not cover it. Your pinion will depend on your spur. What is it?
Spur is 70, pinion is at 20 right now. Internal gear ratio is at 2.055(counting diffs and center gears attached to the shaft that attaches to the spur)

Right now i am running a 7.1925FDR. Speed passion 17.5 and stock club esc. I just don't want to burn anything up. Will I be OK???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.