Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The "Thats it!!! Get the F_*K out of Stock!!!" thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 06:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

to me 19 turn seems like a pretty poor choice for a 3rd class, it's alot closer to stock than it is to mod.

if you still have 'pro' stock drivers what does adding an extra intermediate class acomplish? ....at best you'll dilute these guys into 2 classes?

wouldn't you be better off running a true beginners class?
closed silver can 540 motors (the kinds of motors that are included with alot of kits or cost only a few bucks to buy).

beginers wont have to fork as much out to race, the spec class wont be diluted so that the people that want close "cheap" racing can have it and there would be one less excuse not to race modified (sorry if that sounds harsh, but that's just my opinion of 19t :P).
Old 11-13-2005, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

I was curious is the only reason I asked about Bobby. Nothing meant by it!
Old 11-13-2005, 06:52 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tones
to me 19 turn seems like a pretty poor choice for a 3rd class, it's alot closer to stock than it is to mod.

if you still have 'pro' stock drivers what does adding an extra intermediate class acomplish? ....at best you'll dilute these guys into 2 classes?

wouldn't you be better off running a true beginners class?
closed silver can 540 motors (the kinds of motors that are included with alot of kits or cost only a few bucks to buy).

beginers wont have to fork as much out to race, the spec class wont be diluted so that the people that want close "cheap" racing can have it and there would be one less excuse not to race modified (sorry if that sounds harsh, but that's just my opinion of 19t :P).
You guys in Austraila must not have very fast 19 turns. Here 19 turn is about a lap faster than stock and about a lap slower than mod. Seems to be right in the middle. Perfect for moving up to.

EA
Old 11-13-2005, 06:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bobby Flack
Its simple... these guys still racing stock want to win races and make a-mains, they want exposure. They know that if they go run mod they probally wont make a-mains, or win races, or get as much exposure. Running mod, and trying to be succesful is more work then anyone knows. It takes 100 times more practice and dedication to even come close to racing with the top drivers in the world. Basically what i'm saying is while I may not agree with these guys not moving up, but coming from someone who has made the jump, I can definetly understand.

I'd agree moving up is hard work. Which is why it's not about entitlement. That's what 19t should be for, a place on the ladder for guys who are that good. 19t exists already, why not use what we have. It won't dilute anything. For that matter, what is the point of all those kart series, lower level nascar series, 1/2 mile dirt ovals, formula whatever races? Some of it is to offer a recreational class, but isn't it also to form a ladder to the top?
I think if you want to take sponsorships from people, you are trying to advance yourself in some way. I think you would want to move up from at least what is accepted as the lowest level of racing. I'm old school, I think you should move forward.

As far as having people to chase, which came first, the chicken or the egg? Did these guys show up at the track fully formed one day? At some point, somebody figured out how to get fast.
Old 11-13-2005, 06:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
You guys in Austraila must not have very fast 19 turns. Here 19 turn is about a lap faster than stock and about a lap slower than mod. Seems to be right in the middle. Perfect for moving up to.

EA
Very true. On mid-sized asphalt tracks, mod is only a couple tenths faster per lap than a tuned 19 turn. But stock is atleast .5-1 second slower.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

well i just came back from our SWIP (2-day) race in Tuscon at Competition Hobbies. Offroad and carpet race

Barry Baker ran Mod Sedan at this event. someone loaned him a stock T4 truck and he ran stock. they did all the work and he drove. although he didn't have the fastest truck, he definetly showed what clean/smooth driving would do with stuff that wasn't his. He TQ'd and won.

no one at the track complained, whined, or did any back biting about it.

infact everyone enjoyed it and watched when he ran with amazement. of course this wasn't a national/ROAR event.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

There is a big difference from Baker running a t4 offroad truck on carpet vs running stock sedan. Put a stock sedan in his hands instead of a mod and see who has something to say.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sharkman
There is a big difference from Baker running a t4 offroad truck on carpet vs running stock sedan. Put a stock sedan in his hands instead of a mod and see who has something to say.

ummmm, maybe I'm crazy, but it sounds like Baker ran a T4 in off-road. He did say it was a carpet and off-road event.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

sorry i should've said... 19t feels alot closer to stock than it does to mod.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

With what Bobby F. said, I agree that Mod. is a lot of HARD work! Bobby you said they do it for the exposure and to win. I think that alot of that is coming from the manufatures, would you agree? Also when these guys started out did they win EVERY WEEK? I doubt it. So know are their Egos and pride to big to finish in the B-main in mod.....

That is one of the many that I think Ray Darroch is the example that alot of guys need to follow! He has won in stk. TC and 1/12th scale and is now taking him (if you want to call it LUMPS) in mod. But I have seen him in some VERY STRONG A's lately! Talkng to him he understands that he isn't going to go out in Mod. and set the WORLD on fire....RIght now. But just as he did in Stk. he will work with it and strive to be one of the top MOD. RACERS!

But there are guys that are getting PAID to run STk. Now is that right?

Also I would like to see ROAR goto adjustable 19t. Why you ask. That is a natural progression from fixed timing stk. motors to Mod. Now from stk. to 19t isn't that much different with what you can and can't do to a motor. WIth the adjustable timing that would help with some of the learning curves of what you can and need to do in mod.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ChadCapece
ummmm, maybe I'm crazy, but it sounds like Baker ran a T4 in off-road. He did say it was a carpet and off-road event.
There are alot of tracks in the northeast that run offroad carpet. It's not unheard of. Maybe some clarification would help.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

There are alot of tracks in the northeast that run offroad carpet. It's not unheard of. Maybe some clarification would help.
maybe, but he is in Arizona
Old 11-13-2005, 07:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ChadCapece
maybe, but he is in Arizona
maybe so, but Baker is not even an offroad guy. Still the fact remains, if he would have run stock sedan vs mod, there would have been an issue.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Competition Hobbies has a huge a indoor clay dirt track and a onroad FanFare Ozite onroad carpet track.

Since at first he was only running one class which means he had alot of time inbetween heats.....Maybe if someone would have gone to him first and said "hey Barry, do you want to run my TC in Stk or maybe 19T...he might have run? Probably not, no entertainment value for him?

but if he had, i still think everyone would have still enjoyed it as well.

everyone has a different opinion, saying stock truck is different than stock sedan. knowing the people i race with and the great attitudes of those who attended from other states....i don't beleive anyone would have cared a diddly po peep about it.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:52 PM
Tech Elite

maybe so, but Baker is not even an offroad guy. Still the fact remains, if he would have run stock sedan vs mod, there would have been an issue.
OK Baker not a off road guy now thats some funny stuff!!!! He can lay the spank down in off road just like on road seen it many a time BRO !!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.