Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 05:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pettyeagles
I have a Hobbywing 25A esc in my SC18. I recently picked up the 2 in 1 programming box. When I hook it up to esc all it displaysis "connecting to esc". I assume this mean I have the version 1 esc. Does anyone know if I can upgrade the software in the esc to the version 2?
That's all it will read until you push the far left button on the program box. Then the settings should be able to be changed.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cuttingedge
Does anyone run there HW Extream stock like the Black Diamond works ??????

RE No Turbo Just a steady timing advance over the whole trottle range ??

Is this possable ?

If it is which i am sure it is can somebody suggest some settings to try please

Running the latest 119 software and a HW 21.5 motor

Thanks in advance
I run pretty close to this. I do have a 8 deg of turbo on, but with the ramp set to 9deg/.1 seconds you dont know the turbo kicking in. Its really smooth and controlable.

Unfortunately I cant give you a setup as I dont run the same setup, but either run just Boost, or turbo with a slope works really well.

Shawn
Old 02-03-2011, 08:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default bro need help

hai otai2.....kindly someone please email me the lastest software for xerun 120a...
Old 02-04-2011, 01:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ixlr8nz
I would say that no.13 and no.15 are too low. Basically you are trying to throw too much timing at the motor too soon. I would try no.13 at 6000-8000 and no.15 at 600

Mike
Thanks for the tip; my next change was going to be #13 back upto 9000 which is what I ran on the old 518 firmware. I'd turned it down trying to get more mid-range, but I don't think it helped, and since then I've added more overall boost which has solved the lack of mid-range.

I'm looking foward to getting the Novak data logger installed so I can see what revs I'm actually running at round the various parts of the track.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:27 AM
Tech Addict

Default SOFTWARE 110119 V2

Originally Posted by oyang786
hai otai2.....kindly someone please email me the lastest software for xerun 120a...
Here you go....

USB LINK

Software and instructions.

Cheers

Ren
Old 02-04-2011, 02:41 AM
Tech Adept

Default setup sheets

Do hobbywing have setup sheets? Well for the latest fw -
I know I saw one last year when the original turbo fw was released but can't use that anymore for obvious reasons.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:01 AM
Tech Adept

Default sent pm

[QUOTE=zleader_99;8594979]I current have SP v1.06_100617 on my HW 2in1 box. I am trying to install the latest HW soft. I have been told to install the old version of the SP then the old HW finaly to the new HW soft. I have been running the update application in admin mode.
I am tryin to back grade to the SP v1.32

This is the error I keep getting

I have sent you a PM
Old 02-04-2011, 03:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by emerge
I know I saw one last year when the original turbo fw was released but can't use that anymore for obvious reasons.
That would be useful to have.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:12 AM
Tech Addict

Default PDF For software 110119

Originally Posted by emerge
PDF Instructions.

Cheers

Ren
Old 02-04-2011, 04:17 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by venom54
PDF Instructions.

Cheers

Ren
Thanks, but I actually meant the setup up sheets like those for the sp and tekins have. I am sure you know what I mean. Those are setup instructions. Its cool if not available but handy if they were around.
Cheers
Old 02-04-2011, 05:27 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by daleburr
I'm looking foward to getting the Novak data logger installed so I can see what revs I'm actually running at round the various parts of the track.
I think in the end you will only be interested in the RPM you reach at the end of the back straight, that you atleast know you will reach your set max. boost timing.

Some tracks have speedtraps, (like ours) some times a speedgun is used.
With that info you can calculate your max. RPM.

For the rest drivers should focus more on car set-up and driving skills! instead of start studying log files.....
Old 02-04-2011, 06:08 AM
CFR
Tech Regular

XERUN-120A-1S ESC

2 Features
2.1 Built-in DC/DC booster. Perfectly works with 1-2 cells Lipo, so the single cell class racings such as 1/12 scale competitions are easily covered by this XERUN-120A-1S ESC without an additional receiver battery.
can you wire the esc to bypass the VB to use an external booster or receiver pack?
Old 02-04-2011, 06:10 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by M7H
I think in the end you will only be interested in the RPM you reach at the end of the back straight, that you atleast know you will reach your set max. boost timing.

Some tracks have speedtraps, (like ours) some times a speedgun is used.
With that info you can calculate your max. RPM.

For the rest drivers should focus more on car set-up and driving skills! instead of start studying log files.....
No you want the averige rpm. the highest rpm is reached on moost tracks once.
also you want to see in what window your rpm's are. from there you can fine tune the rpm range. than you use your turbo for extra topspeed on the straight.
fine tune the setup in the infield and use the turbo for the straight. this gives you the best infield speed.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by toptek
also you want to see in what window your rpm's are. from there you can fine tune the rpm range. than you use your turbo for extra topspeed on the straight.
fine tune the setup in the infield and use the turbo for the straight. this gives you the best infield speed.
Actually, the rpm value you want is the rpm on the slowest corner of the track. Then you can set your start rpm to be higher than this to get maximum torque, and get the most from the boost. Now, this is difficult to implement without external loggers... as a minimum rpm log will simply give you zero (race start!)

Max RPM is pretty meaningless really, as by the end of the straight, you should be at an RPM well beyond that of the end of the boost range, especially when including turbo settings.

HiH
Ed
Old 02-04-2011, 07:09 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by toptek
Agreed. If I don't know what RPMs I'm at coming out of the corners, I don't know where to set my boost start (other than guessing and trial and error, which isn't as scientific as I'd like). The RPM window for the small infield straights will give a good starting point for the boost ramp.

The RPMs on the straight is actually of less interest; I spend about 2s on the straight and 12s on the rest of the track, so there's much more time to be found on the infield than the straight.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.