Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 03:43 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sosidge

Your "help" isn't helping.

I have great faith in the Hobbywing hardware, good faith in the older Hobbwing software, limited faith in the current software, and zero faith in your posts.
Give Cobra a break.
To me he is a very enthousiastic HW distributor, who is doing the best he can.
Old 03-08-2011, 03:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by M7H
Give Cobra a break.
To me he is a very enthousiastic HW distributor, who is doing the best he can.
OK, I'll give him a break.

I'll leave you to admire his contradictory advice.

Personally speaking I prefer accuracy to enthusiasm. I'm very happy running my existing ESC, but when the time comes to buy more, they won't be HW models while this thread continues to be filled with misinformation.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

OK, I'll give him a break.

I'll leave you to admire his contradictory advice.

Personally speaking I prefer accuracy to enthusiasm. I'm very happy running my existing ESC, but when the time comes to buy more, they won't be HW models while this thread continues to be filled with misinformation.
Cobra represents the factory in more ways than you know Sosidge, these Western dealers you refer to myself included have been using / supporting the Hobbywing ESC's since well before you became involved bud. Now if we could aim your comments at the Troller on the Forum to stop the negative impact this has it would be better, take a look at my posts over the years you will see that I have helped/supported any and all where I can, I personally have destruction tested ESC's just to give feedback to you guys. We are all in the same boat here the coders are chinese, with very limited english abilities, Cobra is the person who liases with these guys and sometimes things get a bit fuzzy in the translation (Irgo's posts anyone?) so cut him some slack he hasn't let us down yet. 211 /213 are a work in progress and if you use them YES you will be testing them, I remember when 107 etc came out as BETA they came with a user warning maybe you all should treat these as testing packages. Forever asking about newer software is all well and good but complaining about the unfinished nature of them in the next breath is not constructive, use them - don't use them it's up to you. We all know 518 is great and it is the FACTORY INSTALLED software, it is the ONLY one that is currently perfect with easy to understand information. If you feel like you need the cutting edge of the software take and use the newer ones, but for a change lets have people sharing what they find in use with settings, FDR's and conditions etc rather than groaning that we don't know what we are talking about. I for one will be playing with the new ones and possibly overstressing components, I don't know yet but part of the fun in this is in the finding out, discovering THAT perfect setup.

Does it matter whether it is degrees or steps? No I don't believe that it does, only that the software does what it is supposed to do and that is to make our cars quicker than the opposition.

I have posted each time I have found a setup that works, I personally love 119 it gives so much more speed than 518, when set up correctly, so less forum time guys MORE TRACK TIME and lets share ALL of our findings !!!
Old 03-08-2011, 04:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cherry2blost
Cobra represents the factory in more ways than you know Sosidge, these Western dealers you refer to myself included have been using / supporting the Hobbywing ESC's since well before you became involved bud. Now if we could aim your comments at the Troller on the Forum to stop the negative impact this has it would be better, take a look at my posts over the years you will see that I have helped/supported any and all where I can, I personally have destruction tested ESC's just to give feedback to you guys. We are all in the same boat here the coders are chinese, with very limited english abilities, Cobra is the person who liases with these guys and sometimes things get a bit fuzzy in the translation (Irgo's posts anyone?) so cut him some slack he hasn't let us down yet. 211 /213 are a work in progress and if you use them YES you will be testing them, I remember when 107 etc came out as BETA they came with a user warning maybe you all should treat these as testing packages. Forever asking about newer software is all well and good but complaining about the unfinished nature of them in the next breath is not constructive, use them - don't use them it's up to you. We all know 518 is great and it is the FACTORY INSTALLED software, it is the ONLY one that is currently perfect with easy to understand information. If you feel like you need the cutting edge of the software take and use the newer ones, but for a change lets have people sharing what they find in use with settings, FDR's and conditions etc rather than groaning that we don't know what we are talking about. I for one will be playing with the new ones and possibly overstressing components, I don't know yet but part of the fun in this is in the finding out, discovering THAT perfect setup.

Does it matter whether it is degrees or steps? No I don't believe that it does, only that the software does what it is supposed to do and that is to make our cars quicker than the opposition.

I have posted each time I have found a setup that works, I personally love 119 it gives so much more speed than 518, when set up correctly, so less forum time guys MORE TRACK TIME and lets share ALL of our findings !!!
You mean the troll that you were begging to send you the software since you didn't even have it yourself?

irgo may have some eccentricities but he seems to have closer links with the Hobbywing programmers than either you or Cobra/Angelo.

You've spent the last few pages hassling irgo over his claim that the newest software has 64 degrees timing, then Cobra/Angelo tells is that it actually does have 64 degrees timing. Then he changes his mind and says that it has 64 steps and tries to imply that he meant steps all along when he was writing degrees.

I'm not even sure where you stand today on degrees and steps. You were posting diagrams of motors and asking the community how they work a short while ago.

I'm left wondering who is the reliable source and who is the troll in this thread?
Old 03-08-2011, 06:31 AM
Tech Master

well irgo was clearly typing degrees and not steps so he is not right either. Also some other posts of him made me already go .

Now it could be that he has a close link to the designers and that in fact he is a genius and has an IQ of 200 and knows all about the super secrets of brushless but to be really honest, 99% of his posts i really can't figure out what he is typing, what point he wants to make or where it leads to. But ah well, Einstein had his flaws too i gues.

Now i have send cobra a mail for the 211 software and will install and practice with it instead of going on here arguing about degree/steps/irgo etc etc.

Will post my findings when i have some tracktime with the HW
Old 03-08-2011, 07:18 AM
Tech Addict

You mean the troll that you were begging to send you the software since you didn't even have it yourself? Begging ? really? You obviously do not understand Sarcasm / Irony. Was asking him to show that he had it, when in fact he a) should not have and b) could not have

irgo may have some eccentricities but he seems to have closer links with the Hobbywing programmers than either you or Cobra/Angelo. Carry on believing that over half of the SP thread have put him in their ignore list LMAO

You've spent the last few pages hassling irgo over his claim that the newest software has 64 degrees timing, then Cobra/Angelo tells is that it actually does have 64 degrees timing. Then he changes his mind and says that it has 64 steps and tries to imply that he meant steps all along when he was writing degrees. refer to my 'Fuzzy in Translation' Bit

I'm not even sure where you stand today on degrees and steps. You were posting diagrams of motors and asking the community how they work a short while ago. Once more trying to get a point across to your friend Mr Irgo about the limitations

I'm left wondering who is the reliable source and who is the troll in this thread? Yeah I was wondering that too you go with Irgo I will go with me and Angelo because we have more invested in this than your friendly troll

I'm very happy running my existing ESC, but when the time comes to buy more, they won't be HW models

Irgo now on Ignore list that way I don't have to put up with his twitterings anymore.

Why not buy one just to see what the hype is all about then? What's the point in sitting here on a thread for which you hold no equipment?
Old 03-08-2011, 07:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thank's For The Advice Angelo.

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
The timing is programmed to function in 1 degree increments .so every change you make in timing it is in 1 degree increments to a maximum of 64 degree may it be internal timing or turbo.nothing else .

for example if you are running 40 degree in internal timing and 30 degree in turbo timing the effective timing will be max 64 degree with the 211 software ,were the extra 6 degree of timing will be useless and thats from the turbo timing not the internal timing .i hope you all understand .

the most important is the internal timing which is a total of 64 degrees max now if you run max internal timing at 64 degree and 30 degrees of turbo timing the efective timing is only the internal timing and the 30 degree of turbo timing is wasted no turbo .

I hope that it helps you guys out
it seem we have lost, without you here, for several post.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:54 AM
Tech Addict

Default Work in progress....

Done now.

Last edited by cherry2blost; 03-08-2011 at 05:53 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by cherry2blost
Hi
Cherry there is something more important, than timing for while now,
did you test the voltage cutoff with 119

i was also find similar cases anomalies.. on 119 perhaps you can proceed the progress to find out ?

because i am still busy with V3.0_110211 for while...

Last edited by irgo; 03-08-2011 at 08:14 AM.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:12 AM
Tech Adept

Hi there not sure if this is the right section to post on but I will be running a hw on my T3 2011 and have a 120a v2.1 which I am looking to use with a 13.5t motor. Which is the best software and what is the difference between 60a and the 120a.

I will also install the super capacitors. What is the advantage of this?

Thanks
Old 03-08-2011, 09:34 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
firmware 211 now available.please send an email to [email protected] and i will reply with the firmware

regards Angelo

Is this being dished out as a pre-release or is it due up on the hobbywing site soon? (Or am I missing an in joke? )
Old 03-08-2011, 01:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi guys can someone help with a setup for 119 software with SP13.5 v3 motor running indoors on carpet, this is the track in question

thanx in advance
Old 03-08-2011, 03:02 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by morgy
Hi guys can someone help with a setup for 119 software with SP13.5 v3 motor running indoors on carpet, this is the track in question

thanx in advance
See you Sunday. I will be testing the new 211 or 213 not sure which yet...
Old 03-08-2011, 04:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey,

For Ardent in 13.5 I ran 119 one night with 13.5 with boost timing 45, turbo 15

start RPM 6000
Turbo delay 0.1
Turbo slope 6 - 12
Timing aac 500
DRRS 9

For 13.5 it was pretty speedy
Old 03-08-2011, 04:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default PM

Hi CobraRacing, U have PM. Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.