Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 05:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Control board issue .Send it back from were you purchased the esc from for a replacement.
Well that sucks
Myself and a fellow racer each got them from hobbywing usa. We both ran them for the first time this week and both have the exact same problem.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ATXPro4
Well that sucks
Myself and a fellow racer each got them from hobbywing usa. We both ran them for the first time this week and both have the exact same problem.
Please send it back to falcon sekido correct? Dont waste time get it back to them for replacement and please keep me updated
Old 04-08-2013, 06:04 AM
Tech Regular

Please send it back to falcon sekido correct? Dont waste time get it back to them for replacement and please keep me updated
I emailed them last night and I am waiting for a response from them.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:39 AM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

So.... yesterday in a freak accident, the fan on my HW 120A 1S broke, and fell into the front wheel where it proceeded to twist itself until the wires were bare and shorted. I pulled the fan off and the ESC still seemed to work (6v from the BEC, and it was still drivable) but had a horrible burnt smell.

I didn't check the fan header on the ESC - is there a chance I killed the fan header, and the rest of the ESC is OK? Not sure how fragile these ESCs are?
Old 04-08-2013, 02:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Clegg
So.... yesterday in a freak accident, the fan on my HW 120A 1S broke, and fell into the front wheel where it proceeded to twist itself until the wires were bare and shorted. I pulled the fan off and the ESC still seemed to work (6v from the BEC, and it was still drivable) but had a horrible burnt smell.

I didn't check the fan header on the ESC - is there a chance I killed the fan header, and the rest of the ESC is OK? Not sure how fragile these ESCs are?
Im sure you have just burnt the fan nothing more .If the bec is still working then a new fan will work fine so dont stress just replace the fan and you will be fine

Any issues please email me .
Old 04-08-2013, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

I emailed them last night and I am waiting for a response from them.
The response should not be longer than 24 hours so please keep me updated with the timing of the response as the way i see it if i can respond within 24 hours which in reality is less than 2 hours so can our distributors.Im aiming to become the best not the biggest but the best after sales tech support so should all our network .
Old 04-08-2013, 03:42 PM
Tech Regular

The response should not be longer than 24 hours so please keep me updated with the timing of the response as the way i see it if i can respond within 24 hours which in reality is less than 2 hours so can our distributors.Im aiming to become the best not the biggest but the best after sales tech support so should all our network .
This is what I like to hear. Thank you for being on top of this. I got an email from Sam at falcon sekido today with an RMA number. I am a little concerned that they want to charge me to fix or replace it because the email stated that they would get me a quote on fixing it when they received it. I will be mailing it off tomorrow. We will see how it goes.

I sure hope they are not going to want me to pay for this. I also find it strange that one of my fellow racers got a v3 and had the exact same issue this weekend. It was also the first weekend he had used his esc.

This is the email i got from them

"We handle all RMA for North America for our factory.

Please send in your esc and we will see if it is repairable and how
much it will cost. Your RMA number is *************. You just need
to download the RMA form from our website and send in with your esc,
make sure you include the warranty card and receipt. Thank you.

Sam"
Old 04-09-2013, 07:41 PM
Tech Elite

This is what I like to hear. Thank you for being on top of this. I got an email from Sam at falcon sekido today with an RMA number. I am a little concerned that they want to charge me to fix or replace it because the email stated that they would get me a quote on fixing it when they received it. I will be mailing it off tomorrow. We will see how it goes.

I sure hope they are not going to want me to pay for this. I also find it strange that one of my fellow racers got a v3 and had the exact same issue this weekend. It was also the first weekend he had used his esc.

This is the email i got from them

"We handle all RMA for North America for our factory.

Please send in your esc and we will see if it is repairable and how
much it will cost. Your RMA number is *************. You just need
to download the RMA form from our website and send in with your esc,
make sure you include the warranty card and receipt. Thank you.

Sam"
From what you have told me of the faults this is clearly a warranty issue either replaced or repaired one or the other must happen at no cost to you i have seen this issue before.A solid red led states factory settings have been deleted for some reason not your fault .These things sometimes happens with heat especially to roms that hold those factory settings that can only be loaded again by the factory
Old 04-09-2013, 08:01 PM
Tech Regular

From what you have told me of the faults this is clearly a warranty issue either replaced or repaired one or the other must happen at no cost to you i have seen this issue before.A solid red led states factory settings have been deleted for some reason not your fault .These things sometimes happens with heat especially to roms that hold those factory settings that can only be loaded again by the factory
I am sending it in tomorrow. Hopefully it will be a quick turn around. Would be nice to get back racing soon.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:05 PM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Im sure you have just burnt the fan nothing more .If the bec is still working then a new fan will work fine so dont stress just replace the fan and you will be fine

Any issues please email me .
Turns out the ESC is "OK". It smells like it's on fire after every run, but still works. The fan port is broken though, only outputs the same voltage as the battery (no boosted power), so I figure I killed some part of the ESC for the fan... but I just powered the fan off the RX and all is good.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Clegg
Turns out the ESC is "OK". It smells like it's on fire after every run, but still works. The fan port is broken though, only outputs the same voltage as the battery (no boosted power), so I figure I killed some part of the ESC for the fan... but I just powered the fan off the RX and all is good.
Good stuff im glad its sorted .fan poet diode probably shorted but the rx will be fine to run the fan same wsy motor fans are run.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:18 PM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=ATXPro4;12029231]I am sending it in tomorrow. Hopefully it will be a quick turn around. Would be nice to get back racing soon.[/QUOTE

The loss of data happens and you were just the unlucky one sorry about that .

Always remember solid red led means data of mcu has been deleted for sone reason maybe extreme heat but happens on a very small numver of escs.
The lcd program card would not function either with the esc.

Please keep me up to date with the goings on.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:56 AM
Tech Elite

Hi Guys

Please forward and feedback good or bad about your dealings with our distributors and dealers to [email protected] or [email protected] .

I want to make your experience much better dealing with our reps worldwide as you are the end user and the most important in our business without you guys using our product and being happy with all involved then we have nothing so no matter what experience you have had i want to know about it so i can fix any issues that concern you asap.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

I am sending it in tomorrow. Hopefully it will be a quick turn around. Would be nice to get back racing soon.
Two more questions

1.is the led red alert faint in illumination ?.
2.or is the led solid red high illumination?

Faint solid red means factory data is lost.

Solid red high illumination means no throttle signal.

Please let me know what you can remember.

Regards Angelo
Old 04-10-2013, 08:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Just wanted to say I just updated my justock esc's firmware. Brakes are MUCH better than before.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.