Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 08:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stephen hilton
so my other question is is a centre fixed pully quicker or slower than a one way with a one way pully???????? and which is the easyest to drive
cheers
Hi! My experience with fixed center pulley makes the car handling easier to drive than center 1way. Fixed must be used on loose or dusty track conditions. On the other hand, center 1way is needed for tight track layouts or high grip surface that needs adequate turn in or steer on corners that results faster transition because you tend to be "on power" always.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:03 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by finch
Ive been racing my HB moorespeed for about a month now using stock motors (27t). I already had two titanium coated diff screws break on me and problems with the Mip driveshafts pins popping out.

Has anyone else been experiancing these problems, i know alot of people have had problems with the diff screws, has anyone come up with a solution or is there a different make diff i can use or diff screw?

The second diff screw i'm still puzzled how its broke, the car was fine at practice and going really well, taken the wheels of 2nite and noticed that the diff is now broke!

Any advice would be most appreciated

Mike
The 'solution' to breaking diff screws its quite simple, it's almost always down to the build and resulting in a too tightly adjusted or a stressed diff screw.
When tightening the diff screw don't over tighten then back off to the point at which the diff is smooth but no slip, instead tighten it up slowly in small increments untill the desired tension is reached, if you've got time this process is eased if you break the diff in prior to final tightening.

The MIP cvd's require the use of threadlock on the grubscrew and will need to be tightened up very securely.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:57 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for that stew, rebuilt the mip driveshaft yesterday, seems to be ok so far. Had a problem with one of the pulleys in the heat before the final. grub screw wont stay tight on the layshaft.

I'm thinking about trying the one way diff o wednesday when i go to practice.
Whats peoples views on the one way diff compared to the spool. My diving has been ok but obviously if adapting to a one way diff will help get my time down that little bit more.
Old 01-20-2007, 03:59 AM
Tech Adept

Finch, I can't find whether you run foam or rubber. If you run rubber you really want to use the one-way with foam a diff or maybe spool.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:45 AM
Tech Initiate

I'm running on rubber tyres mate.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:04 AM
Tech Regular

hi finch still with a spool untill you have completely mastered it and then go to a oneway cya wednesday tk
Old 01-20-2007, 01:40 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vassago
Finch, I can't find whether you run foam or rubber. If you run rubber you really want to use the one-way with foam a diff or maybe spool.
with foams you dont want to use the spool
Old 01-20-2007, 07:14 PM
Tech Master

Well i was running the setup that Stew posted (with vtec 24r rubbers) on medium-high bite carpet.....and i just couldn't stop rolling.....no matter what i altered i couldn't stop it rolling. I got most of the problem away, it was just when my tyres got fairly warm that it started again.

Now, would roll bars stop this from happening?
Old 01-20-2007, 08:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hey Guys,

I know you have all heard way too much about this however, I am still having a problem with breaking diff screws. Can someone post how to use the associated diff screw? The one I have does not have a "T" nut and will not fit into the cyclones T nut. What are you doing to use the nut that comes with the associated diff screw?
Old 01-20-2007, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

You will need the ae diff nut as well. I had to take and exact to it just slightly to get it to fit securely in the outdrive. Also, make sure the screw will go through the center of the outdrive without binding.

Also look at Stew's post 6752.
Old 01-21-2007, 02:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey guys, i am getting a hotbodies cyclone moorespeed edition and i was just wondering would a spool be good for it on the local track i run on, its a small-medium tricky,fast apshalt track.
I have run a one-way in other cars but it wears stuff out quick and so iv heard the cyclone works great with a spool i just wanted your opinion.

Jamie
Old 01-21-2007, 02:47 AM
Tech Addict

A spool will put more stress on the drivetrain than a one-way so if you're worried about wear then it's not really the way to go. Having said that, I've run a spool for quite a while and seen no driveshaft wear or any other problems with the drivetrain. The only thing you have to watch is wear on the outdrives of the spool, depending on which version you have. I've not tried the new spool which comes with the Moorespeed kit but i imagine that it will be much better than the other 2 spools HB have released.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:27 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by raving-monkey
Well i was running the setup that Stew posted (with vtec 24r rubbers) on medium-high bite carpet.....and i just couldn't stop rolling.....no matter what i altered i couldn't stop it rolling. I got most of the problem away, it was just when my tyres got fairly warm that it started again.

Now, would roll bars stop this from happening?
it will help, are you traction rolling on every turn?
Old 01-21-2007, 08:18 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
it will help, are you traction rolling on every turn?
And if that doesn't work enough, try harder compounds for your tires, like 27's or maybe 30's.
It could be overheating of your tires, and if that's happening you gonna make gripp rolls or losing grip.

Rob Janssen
Old 01-21-2007, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

set for rubber carpet.......is it really needed for the front a-arms to be swept at 2.5 degrees, what the differance from 0-3 degrees???????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.