Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 01:08 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by HEWITT
hey guys, has anyone ran the cyclone with foams with just the stock chassis??
I did for quite a while - the car was still pretty good.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:36 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)

the stock chassis works very well iv been running it for alomost a year now even tho i have a bmi the stock chassis still feel more planted when teh grip is lower or the track is very very tight.

Hey Larry how are you liking rubber? what tires are you using?

how do the laptimes differ from foam?

we are tryimg to make the switch to rubber at my local track just tryin to find a good spec tire
Old 01-18-2007, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
what the purpose of sweeping the front a-arms for oneway or spools??? tight-vs-free flowing
no love ?
Old 01-18-2007, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RaceAce701
the stock chassis works very well iv been running it for alomost a year now even tho i have a bmi the stock chassis still feel more planted when teh grip is lower or the track is very very tight.

Hey Larry how are you liking rubber? what tires are you using?

how do the laptimes differ from foam?

we are tryimg to make the switch to rubber at my local track just tryin to find a good spec tire
Rubber is cool, Im still getting used to the oneway, first time I have run one. My car is coming around, Im about 1.5 seconds slower than our best 19 turn foam laps.

I am running cs27s. Tried 30s too and they seemed similar but Im still a carpet rubber rookie so I dont really know.

Its definatley fun and easier, there is no tire wear really there are probably 20 or more runs on my current tires and they still look great.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:33 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
Rubber is cool, Im still getting used to the oneway, first time I have run one. My car is coming around, Im about 1.5 seconds slower than our best 19 turn foam laps.

I am running cs27s. Tried 30s too and they seemed similar but Im still a carpet rubber rookie so I dont really know.

Its definatley fun and easier, there is no tire wear really there are probably 20 or more runs on my current tires and they still look great.
Are you asking yourself why we run on Foam tires when you can get atleast 30 runs and be fast on carpet wit CS 27's or 30's.

2008... ROAR Moves to CARPET RUBBER TIRES!!!
Old 01-18-2007, 03:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Default HB cyclone Moorespeed diff problems

Ive been racing my HB moorespeed for about a month now using stock motors (27t). I already had two titanium coated diff screws break on me and problems with the Mip driveshafts pins popping out.

Has anyone else been experiancing these problems, i know alot of people have had problems with the diff screws, has anyone come up with a solution or is there a different make diff i can use or diff screw?

The second diff screw i'm still puzzled how its broke, the car was fine at practice and going really well, taken the wheels of 2nite and noticed that the diff is now broke!

Any advice would be most appreciated

Mike
Old 01-18-2007, 03:08 PM
Tech Adept

i havent had that problem but i have had a problem with play in the wheel bearings all 4 are very loose and have lots of play can any one help.only used the car two times.not happy and mirage dont want to help??
Old 01-18-2007, 05:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by finch
has anyone come up with a solution or is there a different make diff i can use or diff screw?
I've gone through about 4 diff screws in total, and decided to build the diff identically to a friend of mine (who hasn't broke a single one) and stop breaking them. I changed greases to using Associated Stealth Diff grease on the diff balls, Associated Black grease in the thrust, and adding an extra washer under the diff nut.... And yes I know it sounds stupid, and I can't figure out why grease and a washer will stop a screw from breaking, but this is what has happened....
Old 01-18-2007, 05:25 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

hmm,i have been lucky.i broke 1 diff screw since i started running the car and i have been running it for over a year
Old 01-18-2007, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Aid1970
i havent had that problem but i have had a problem with play in the wheel bearings all 4 are very loose and have lots of play can any one help.only used the car two times.not happy and mirage dont want to help??
Wheel bearings or axle float? In the instruction manual it says to put in a 5x7x0.2mm washer between the bearing and the wheel hex pin. I added a second washer to take out the float between these two.

Hope this helps
Old 01-18-2007, 11:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aid1970

Maybe once you tighten your wheel lock nut on the wheel, hex begins to push torwards hub and sit in properly.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:29 AM
Tech Adept

I don't say it to hard, but I never broke an diff screw so far and ran several times with 7x1 and 8x1 Mod. motors indoor.

Rob
Old 01-19-2007, 01:48 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by finch
Ive been racing my HB moorespeed for about a month now using stock motors (27t). I already had two titanium coated diff screws break on me and problems with the Mip driveshafts pins popping out.

Has anyone else been experiancing these problems, i know alot of people have had problems with the diff screws, has anyone come up with a solution or is there a different make diff i can use or diff screw?

The second diff screw i'm still puzzled how its broke, the car was fine at practice and going really well, taken the wheels of 2nite and noticed that the diff is now broke!

Any advice would be most appreciated

Mike
hi finch!!! ive found that using the plastic outdrives and a steel screw workes best and as for the driveshafts get some steel ones or tir ones cya trackside
Old 01-19-2007, 01:51 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BigDaddyT
Hey Stephen - I run rubber stock all the time at our club. The one-way is definitely the way to go for Stock. Once you get used to it, it will allow you to maintain your momentum and corner speed a lot better out there.

The car will initially feel like it has way more (too much) steering. You can dial this back a bit on the radio and then soften up the rear end of the car a bit. When it's working, it will have really aggressive steering, but not oversteer. It will take some tweaking to get it right for your carpet. I find that I usually start with the rear shocks laid down pretty far and then stand them up a hole as traction comes up on the track.
thanks trent
Old 01-19-2007, 04:25 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace

so my other question is is a centre fixed pully quicker or slower than a one way with a one way pully???????? and which is the easyest to drive
cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.