Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 10:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

well that's kinda true but not a big diffrence tho. because once i put my electronics WAYY in the front i have a small reciever so i put it on the front shock tower and the esc on the plastic/chassis servo mount and it kinda has a fishtail/drift then a spin out.

but i put everything in the middle then i got an ok feeling and everything was ok then i put it in the rear chassis and i got a WAY better little mini BUT seem to understear.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (94%+)
Default Tamiya tires

i recently purchase a tamiya M03 and raced it twice with the tamiya slicks 600 and after 2 races i now have to purchase more tires . Are there any other tire & foam options on the market.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

The big difference on where the electronics are located is more important on carpet. You want it all as low as possible. On asphalt you want the car to lean some anyways and it's not really a big deal. I reccomend everyone I talk to to get the electronics inside the rear of the chassis not only for the CG but becuase it looks much cleaner and not hack.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

Originally Posted by LATC3
well then ill try single foams that came with the xpats!

where do you mount your electronics? I've mounted mine in the front and always had good feel to the car!
i mount my electronics in the rear part, do move the weight to the rear, more traction?? well basicallly my local track guys are running on 1/10 gp foam 40 or 42, the have good grip, but look odd, big wheels on small cars? also they are running 23t bl , i am only using sport tune with 20t....basicaly the will ctach me at straight, but i try to lose them in the corners, because i am using stock tamiya tyre with out insert, not always i got away....hope to do better with new x pat.....

an1 use those cheap Yeah racing tyre from hk....its about 9 usd

what the cheapest mini tyre in the market?? but must be able to handle...

as i am using mo3, so my current knuckle its from tt01, i am converting to use m03m knuckle, looks harder....i think.....

many my local track that mo3r its better handling? what do you guys think? but they do have different design in swing arm??
Old 07-24-2008, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

On asphalt its just as critical.Most of the fastest guys in the TCS north American finals over the last couple years have mounted their electronics as low as possible.With Lipo, now its even more critical.Broken record here.Hell what do I know.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by racenut123
On asphalt its just as critical.Most of the fastest guys in the TCS north American finals over the last couple years have mounted their electronics as low as possible.With Lipo, now its even more critical.Broken record here.Hell what do I know.
From what I've heard, quite a bit. Echo the advise although I mount my receiver side saddle so that the wt in the rear of the chassis can be adjusted w/out removing it each time
Old 07-24-2008, 10:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Like I said, I recommend all mini racers to put the electronics inside the chassis. I evenr route my wires all internally and keep the CG as low as possible. But I have also seen some VERY quick, well handling cars that didn't do that so...
Old 07-24-2008, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I keep my electronics mounted on top. The Futaba R603FF receiver and Futaba MC230CR ESC are very light, so I don't think it makes that much of a difference. I've also hard-wired the motor so there's not the weight of a bunch of extra wire and the bullet connectors. That's not much, but it all counts.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

any touring car will tire will fit. you just have to cut half inch space/gap in the tire and wrap around the mini rim.

I HATE FOAMS ON MINI. if there the same size and they look scale then YES! huge tires on a mini sux.

can you picture 24'z on a rover mini cooper?

i use x patterns in the front. i heard that very hard or double works best but it didn't do anything. I'm going to make them midium foams or semi inflaided tire!

ill see what happens. but whever i switch from touring car to mini and go back to mini it seems like minis are more like toys compare to minis! but i love the mini and i can't wait untill tamiya makes a carbon convertion kit chassis for it! wouldn't that be cool?
Old 07-24-2008, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I know Brumley was mounting stuff on the side too.Not a bad idea if the gear is secure.

Originally Posted by Granpa
From what I've heard, quite a bit. Echo the advise although I mount my receiver side saddle so that the wt in the rear of the chassis can be adjusted w/out removing it each time
Old 07-24-2008, 03:05 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

I know some speed controls and receivers are just too big to mount inside the chassis, but I have seen racers take the guts of an inexpensive esc,, take the case off, and shrink wrap it to make it smaller to fit an 1/18 scale touring car. I suppose you could do that for a mini. I haven't done it myself.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The bottom line on mounting electronics is this...

The THEORY says that mounting everything inside the chassis will lower the C of G and therefore make the car handle better. And we ALL used to do just that.

In reality it makes so little difference as to be undetectable - on carpet and asphalt. We've run cars back to back with electronics mounted outside and inside. And I'd be lying if I said we could tell.

So...most of the rc-mini crew run their receivers inside the chassis, but leave the ESC's on top where they're easy to get to (and it helps keep them cool).
Old 07-24-2008, 04:20 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Leaving the esc out where it's easy to get to makes a lot of sense.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default balance

balance is probably important. depending on rest of car setup, mounting receiver on top deck might cause oversteer spinout. putting in rear chassis might turn a bad car to a great handling car... again depending on how it is setup and track condition...

the position of the 25gram transponder also makes a big difference.

thanks.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

DO NOT take your esc or receiver out the the case! minis are ment for injoyment and low cost fun! why would you wreck your expensive electronics! mount outside the rear chassis on the side. I've done it and its good. also the motor has wieght on the left side of the car try mounting your stuff on the rightside and that's good for the minis that go left !

i know good spots where to mount them i just wanted to know where you guys mounted them. I've had some problems but there cured.

now i need a car that will NOT understear and something that has good stearing but NO mc'fishlail tail sandwitches! lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.