Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2003, 08:47 PM
PW
Tech Elite

bagofskill....There will also be less tension on the rear belt and if you look real close, you might see a surprise on the layshaft mount

Funny you say that about the Xray because they had new diff pulleys made to mimic the RW pulleys back in Febuary. Jilles Groskamp from xray also hasn't run a stock Xray in 5-6 months (special chassis, short arms, camber locations, etc....etc).

As for the weight balance on the past Mission. It was perfect when we released the car because it was designed around the only good battery at the time, the Panasonic 3000's. Then GP introduced their new super-cell and that is what brought on the spaced motor and Warpspeed chassis to compensate for the heaver cells.

BTW: Actual pics of the prototype V2.0 should arrive in just under 2 weeks
Old 10-25-2003, 01:23 AM
Tech Regular

Paul, I did notice that suprise!
Thanks for your patient answers. I didn't realise that about x-ray. I don't follow them that closely, guess I fell for the marketing.

But I have to say, even when I was running the XVS Ultra's, it took alot of effort to get my corner-weights close. More than it should. Now with the GP's, I'm running 30g (1oz) heavy on the battery side, with the ride hight 0.5mm lower on the batt side too. That's as close as I can get without too much sacrifice.

So the new car is way better in some (most?) departments, carries one or two small problems over from the last. Seems like we (the drivers) still come out miles ahead!

Any hints on the street price? I guess with all the alloy, it'll have to be at least $100 up on the Mission.
Old 10-25-2003, 02:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by PW
Gotta save up some money !
Old 10-25-2003, 07:47 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Schumacher will be working on pricing all next week and should release a tenative price along with actual photos within 2 weeks time.
Old 10-25-2003, 10:46 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by BagofSkill
I guess with all the alloy, it'll have to be at least $100 up on the Mission.
I sure hope not! The original graphite Mission sold for around $279, that would put the Mi2's introductory price up around $379!!!
Old 10-25-2003, 12:42 PM
PW
Tech Elite

The price won't increase by $100!!! There will be more alloy pieces as standard, but there are less parts all together.
Old 10-25-2003, 10:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

With regards ro corner weights. The car will come with a battery tray that will let you slide the batts in and out sideways and you can flip the tray for a forward or rearward batt position.

Here's the interesting part. You can get a perfect weight balance if the batteries are in the inward position...but...in testing the car is ALWAYS faster with the batts in the outer position. We thing the transverse polar moment is too narrow in the inner position and the car is not dynamically "happy". With the batt in the outer position the car responds quicker, handles transitions better and is all around faster. This is the exact opposite of what chassis tuning textbooks tell you will happen.

Coincedentally, we noticed this same effect on the Mission if you space the motor out 6mm. The stock motor position of the Mi2 will be 5.5mm outboard of the Mission position.

This is just an example of the type of testing that is done when we are designing a car and how tweaks/developments of the old car are incorporated into standard items on new cars.
Old 10-26-2003, 01:18 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by PW
The price won't increase by $100!!!
Sorry guys, I should have Amercan-ised it. Say US$70?

But anyway, The car is better, looks awsome, and won't get too expensive...
The news gets better and better!!!
Old 10-26-2003, 01:23 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by AdrianM Here's the interesting part. You can get a perfect weight balance if the batteries are in the inward position...but...in testing the car is ALWAYS faster with the batts in the outer position. [/B]
Adrian,
was there any testing done with balanced cornerwieghts and a high polar moment?
My Mission is faster on clockwise tracks where the tweek works for me. But less than a quarter of tracks here run clockwise
Old 10-26-2003, 02:15 AM
Tech Regular

One of the biggest races of the Finnish carpet season was held yesterday, and Teemu was victorious once again with the prototype:
A-final
1. Teemu Leino
2. Juho Levänen
3. Simo Ahoniemi
4. Christer Andersson
5. Tommi Torikka
6. Sakke Ahoniemi
7. Pekka Koivula
8. Jouko Termonen
9. Teppo Kauppinen
10. Vesa Yli
Old 10-26-2003, 08:30 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Thats great news JesseT!!!!!!! Teemu has now beaten the Euro Champ twice now, once on carpet and once on asphalt.....Look out Snowbirds

Bagofskill....Oh yes, all that was tested!!! BTW: When Schumacher (Andrew) TQ'd the Reedy Race earlier this year, it was on a track that was run counter clockwise (standard Mission).
Old 10-26-2003, 08:31 AM
Tech Addict

Man.. driving my mission last night in the A-main at my local track, and the front end of my mission disinigrated! At first, it appeared that my dogbone/driveshafts just came out of the outdrives by themselves! When I got home and took some stuff apart, I noticed that both lower control arms, right at the ends where screw goes up into the hub carriers were almost worn completely thin! Also.. both screws that go into the hub carriers stripped completely out! There were huge black streaks on the inside of my yokomo dish wheels, like something was rubbing, but I never found what actually happened, or what broken part did the damage. I couldn't duplicate the issue.

Replaced hub carriers, replaced both control arms... ready to go!
Old 10-26-2003, 12:16 PM
Tech Regular

Paul, you just keep cutting me down!

Missions of Steven Awizen and Chris Papadopoulos (me) TQ'd, and finished second (1 win each in three finals) in both stock and mod an the ACT State Titles here last week. My setup for foam on carpet available here.

http://www.actmcrc.org.au/set_up_sheets.htm

Last edited by BagofSkill; 10-26-2003 at 12:41 PM.
Old 10-26-2003, 01:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Bag of Skill - Yes, balanced corner weights and varying front/rear weight distributions. The sliding tray is a cool feature that will let you achieve any balance you want and since we are pretty certain that people wont believe us when we say the car is faster with the batteries offset out, racers can find out for themselves.
Old 10-26-2003, 03:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi guys
Love the look of the new car- can't wait to get one.
I have owned every model of competition touring car that Schumacher has ever produced, each model has been notibly better than the previous (perhaps with the exception of the Axis 2, too much chassis flex for my liking).
The only real gripe I have with the cars is with the grub screws that hold the body posts in place stripping out. I would like to see conventional one piece body posts with a series of adjustable holes drilled in them, in much the same way as most other manufacturers do.
Just my preference but we are all looking for the perfect car!!!

Cheers John

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.