Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 08:16 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by vr6cj
With that set up there you posted...is it me or is the belt pretty tight with whats on the sheet there?
The belt tension marking on the setup sheet is only to show the orientation of the diff. You can run the diffs high or low depending on your liking.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Exclamation Where is the best place to buy the TOP Car and Spares?

I am new to the forums and am getting back into racing to start with at my home track in Ripon, Ca soon. I understand the TOP car is quite popular there although I keep hearing to buy the Xray T3 instead.

Where is the best place to buy the car and spares/hop ups? I guess the front spool is a must have and I would want to buy extra parts to get me through my rusty driving.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Old 03-02-2010, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F1fletch
I am new to the forums and am getting back into racing to start with at my home track in Ripon, Ca soon. I understand the TOP car is quite popular there although I keep hearing to buy the Xray T3 instead.

Where is the best place to buy the car and spares/hop ups? I guess the front spool is a must have and I would want to buy extra parts to get me through my rusty driving.

You can get parts from Speedtechrc.com. If you got a new kit, it should come with the new spool cups. They are way more durable than the original. The new kit comes with all the upgraded parts. The Photon is a great car. You'll like it alot
Old 03-02-2010, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

I think we are going be a little bias here in this forum towards the Photon, but seeing how your asking here I think you might be too. :P

I've owned Xrays(and about every other brand car) before and I really like my Photon. Parts are a lot cheaper and easier to get for me. Amainhobbies.com is great for this and only one days shipping from me. Did I mention I love the color red? Car runs awesome on asphault and thats what I race on. Yeah, like he said, they've fixed past issues with running changes to there kits. The main price tag is alot cheaper too. $380 vs $490 Plus the added bonus of all the quick help here.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F1fletch

Agreed with all of the above. Amain usually has parts in stock (not that you need them very often) and TOP USA does a great job of keeping up with demand. Michael and EJ at TOP both offer outstanding customer support as well. For the price of the Xray, you can buy the Photon (with a complete extra suspension set for FREE) and still have $120 left for tires, body, donuts, lunch etc.... I've been having great success with the car on carpet and can't wait to get back outside for the spring season races. With the minimum amount of time I had on the asphalt, I managed to keep the car in the TOP (pun intended) 3 every week. Very easy to drive and reacts very well to setup changes. Durability is outstanding and yeah..... it's red.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

[QUOTE=stiltskin;7080483]Agreed with all of the above. Amain usually has parts in stock (not that you need them very often) and TOP USA does a great job of keeping up with demand. Michael and EJ at TOP both offer outstanding customer support as well. For the price of the Xray, you can buy the Photon (with a complete extra suspension set for FREE) and still have $120 left for tires, body, donuts, lunch etc.... I've been having great success with the car on carpet and can't wait to get back outside for the spring season races. With the minimum amount of time I had on the asphalt, I managed to keep the car in the TOP (pun intended) 3 every week. Very easy to drive and reacts very well to setup changes. Durability is outstanding and yeah..... it's red. [/QUO

Tony is a GOTDAM CHEATER j/k I know him
Old 03-02-2010, 01:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by stiltskin
Agreed with all of the above. Amain usually has parts in stock (not that you need them very often) and TOP USA does a great job of keeping up with demand. Michael and EJ at TOP both offer outstanding customer support as well. For the price of the Xray, you can buy the Photon (with a complete extra suspension set for FREE) and still have $120 left for tires, body, donuts, lunch etc.... I've been having great success with the car on carpet and can't wait to get back outside for the spring season races. With the minimum amount of time I had on the asphalt, I managed to keep the car in the TOP (pun intended) 3 every week. Very easy to drive and reacts very well to setup changes. Durability is outstanding and yeah..... it's red.
Tony is the best,always helpful.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:21 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks guys. (except for the cheater thing)
Old 03-02-2010, 08:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just switched from Xray and was wondering if anyone has a good setup for medium grip carpet with a front diff and 17.5 brushless thanks.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Im taking my Photon for its maiden voyage at West Coast RC Raceway in Southern California on Friday. I will be running 17.5 BL. I noticed that my spur gear was stripped (bought the car used) and need to get a new spur/pinion combo. Anyone have any suggestions on a good starting gearing. I run the KO/Orion ESC with the Trinity Nemesis 17.5 BL motor. Havent done anything to timing on the BL motor but I believe my ESC profile has been advanced timing and
"boost".

Any help would be much appreciated.

Chi
Old 03-02-2010, 09:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

hey mate,

will i see a new li-po chasis with horizontal servo placement?

will top engineer design a new bell crank?

like this. or better design. since all big brother company have updated.
Attached Thumbnails T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car-1001150849bfaf43aa980f28c8.jpg   T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car-1001150849c29da959a13cf22a.jpg   T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car-1001150849c047558925057c2c.jpg   T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car-100115084917b6564025ade6c9.jpg  
Old 03-03-2010, 05:32 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Bull_Dog
I just switched from Xray and was wondering if anyone has a good setup for medium grip carpet with a front diff and 17.5 brushless thanks.
Larry Fairtrace posted his setup on Page 164 of this thread. I made a few changes from there and I'm currently running a diff. I have the rubber edition car with 2.5 lipo chassis and standard top deck on Solaris soft compound tires. This should get you in the ballpark at your track. Good luck.

Front:
Tower hole 2
Spring 393
Oil 45
Bar 1.2

Rear:
Tower hole 3
Oil 40
Bar 1.2
Old 03-03-2010, 06:16 AM
Ty
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Anyone know what caged thrust bearing fits the diffs on the Photon? Do any of the McMaster thrusts fit and what is the part #?

Also, I want to run 6 degree front caster blocks for foam carpet. I was told the Xray blocks basically drop in. Put I need the "steering bushings" also and they are really expensive compared to other companies similar products. Does anyone know what other bushings will fit in the Xray 6 degree blocks?
Old 03-03-2010, 06:26 AM
Ty
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I have the newest USA edition kit and was wondering how many of the coned washers I need to use in the diff and the orientation of them. Thanks.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beaim
hey mate,

will i see a new li-po chasis with horizontal servo placement?

will top engineer design a new bell crank?

like this. or better design. since all big brother company have updated.
These photo in from HK customer edit !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.