Search
Like Tree829Likes

World GT-R Rules and Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 04:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by old_dude
Glue reduces steering in most cases. To help with your push I would need to know about your setup. There are many ways to correct it.
Could you suggest some simple fixes for getting rid of push. I'm guessing stiffer lube in the tubes or harder side springs?
The last pan car I ran was a t-bar oval chassis and these link cars are a new game for me.
Old 01-17-2017, 05:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Chris, at the front of this thread there is a body list. Be sure to check on any body you might consider. I have never seen someone run the TA. At the champs there were a ton of PF Fort GT's. I have tried it but didn't care for it. Heavy and high downforce. It would be my choice on gray carpet though.
On tire gluing. If your track is low to medium grip you won't need it but you do need something on the sidewalls to slide off the boards. I am working on set up with no glue on a medium to medium high bite track (black carpet). I liked it last Saturday but my laps times were not any faster up front. The big difference was the end of the run. On glued tires the car picks up push late in the run. With the non glued tires that didn't happen. It took several adjustments to get the car to not traction roll but once there it was great.
Thanks Ron,

I have been reviewing options on that list for a few days now. I believe I will be going with the McAllister Mustang. I love the TA but I want the car to handle too!

Chuck thinks they might have one on the wall at The Gate so that is a plus!

Chris
Old 01-17-2017, 06:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ccm399
So trying to decide on a body for the new ride. I like the Protoform Ford GT and Caddy bodies... kinds torn but leaning toward the GT. I also like the McAllistar Mustang but it is listed as a 190mm body so I am concerned about fitment. I can't seem to find any good pics.... Maybe my google skills need honed.

However, if someone knew where I could get one of the HPI 2000 Trans Am bodies that would be SWEET! I'd have a 1/10th scale to match my full scale!

HPI Racing 7447 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am

Did some searching last night and so far no go...

Chris

I know how to make an HPI 7447 appear at the Gate hobbyshop by the end of the week........

I can make that happen if you want.....
Old 01-17-2017, 09:21 AM
Tech Regular

ccm- Thanks for considering our MX-Stang body. However, definitely check sizing first. It is a 190mm body for USGT.
We do make a Le Mans C6 body specifically for the WGT-R cars.....
Attached Thumbnails World GT-R Rules and Discussion-311-2-lemans-c6.jpg   World GT-R Rules and Discussion-311-7-lemans-c6.jpg   World GT-R Rules and Discussion-311-9-lemans-c6.jpg  
Old 01-17-2017, 10:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by dumper
I know how to make an HPI 7447 appear at the Gate hobbyshop by the end of the week........

Thanks Dumper,

While I realize you could drive a roller skate with plastic tires and do better than most what was your impression of the 2000 Camaro you tried? I know the TA is going to be slightly different but it should be close.

Thoughts?

Originally Posted by flyingm
ccm- Thanks for considering our MX-Stang body. However, definitely check sizing first. It is a 190mm body for USGT.
Thanks for that. I saw the vette body but I am liking the Mustang better. Old Dude tells me the rear "barely covers" but the car handles well. Any chance you can "stretch" the mold some? I know it's not that easy! LOL

Chris
Old 01-17-2017, 11:08 AM
Tech Master

Thanks Dumper,

While I realize you could drive a roller skate with plastic tires and do better than most what was your impression of the 2000 Camaro you tried? I know the TA is going to be slightly different but it should be close.

Thoughts?

Chris
It was pretty good. I won a bunch of club races with it. I say if you like the looks of it, just do it. The looks of the bodies is what makes the class cool.
Old 01-17-2017, 11:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

It was pretty good. I won a bunch of club races with it. I say if you like the looks of it, just do it. The looks of the bodies is what makes the class cool.
Agreed, I just don't want to be fighting an ill handling car because it look cool. Of course as I'm sure Old Dude will confirm the car and/or body won't be holding me back anytime soon! lol

Chris

Last edited by ccm399; 01-17-2017 at 12:05 PM.
Old 01-17-2017, 01:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Make it be so sir!

Thanks!
Chris
Old 01-17-2017, 01:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)

The above body works really well in usgt,just saying
Old 01-17-2017, 03:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by roadkill
The above body works really well in usgt,just saying
Of that I have no doubt but I am a bit of a sucker for a nice TA....

Man she needs detailed in that pic... Now I just have to mix up some Mystic Teal Metallic!

Chris
Old 01-17-2017, 06:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Of that I have no doubt but I am a bit of a sucker for a nice TA....

Man she needs detailed in that pic... Now I just have to mix up some Mystic Teal Metallic!

Chris
That car needs about a 2 inch drop.
Old 01-17-2017, 06:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mooby64
That car needs about a 2 inch drop.
Other than it being 100% stock, numbers matching, 1 or less than 125 ever made car... Other that that yeah it could use lowered some.

Full disclosure for the keen observer, the rims are not factory. They are factory WS6 wheels but not stock to my car. I do have the factory wheel in the barn though.

To each their own, let's get back to WGT-R. Sorry for the brief distraction.

Last edited by ccm399; 01-17-2017 at 07:16 PM.
Old 01-18-2017, 04:14 AM
Tech Master

The tires are right at the edge on the MX. It is a body that just handles very well. Chris is right, make it a 195 and it would be perfect. I have run it in USGT and WGT-R. I ran it at the Indoor Champs and felt like I was on a island surrounded by Ford GT's. I should have been in the "A" but a small mistake cost me big time on my best run. Ended up B Q 1 and won that race. Just a really good body.
Old 01-18-2017, 04:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

The tires are right at the edge on the MX. It is a body that just handles very well. Chris is right, make it a 195 and it would be perfect. I have run it in USGT and WGT-R. I ran it at the Indoor Champs and felt like I was on a island surrounded by Ford GT's. I should have been in the "A" but a small mistake cost me big time on my best run. Ended up B Q 1 and won that race. Just a really good body.
Great Input Ron. We are about to find out how a TA handles. Not exactly sure when I'll have the car ready (more like when I"ll have the body ready) but hopefully sometime early Feb.

Hey with a little luck maybe TSR will have motors by then!

Chris
Old 01-18-2017, 11:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mooby64
Could you suggest some simple fixes for getting rid of push. I'm guessing stiffer lube in the tubes or harder side springs?
The last pan car I ran was a t-bar oval chassis and these link cars are a new game for me.
I'm not sure anyone ever gave you "general" guidelines for curing a push. Here you go:

Car Pushes or Understeers
Decrease Wing Angle (trim wicker bill)
Stiffer Side Shock Springs
Softer Front Springs
Stiffer Center Shock Spring
Decrease Center Shock Spring Tension
Try Softer Front Compound Tire (or more traction compound)
Try Harder Rear Compound Tire (or less traction compound)
Lower Front Ride Height
Raise Rear Ride Height
Decrease Castor

Last edited by ccm399; 01-18-2017 at 01:09 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.