Schumacher Corner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2002, 01:09 AM
Tech Elite

S1 versus C/F: Have anyone experienced glitching due to the carbon chassis?

I'm using KOPropo Presto, KO RX KR297Z, both FM 40 MHz. ESC=LRP v 7.1. Servo=KO PDS-2123.
Old 12-04-2002, 06:45 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Congrates to Alex on a job well done at the Cleveland Indoor Champs

I will post Alex's setup sometime today
Old 12-04-2002, 07:33 AM
Tech Regular

Cole..I am using a KO Mars radio/receiver with the C/F chassis, and have never had a glitch problem...
Old 12-04-2002, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

MarkG, good to hear. It seems I cant find weekness in this car... it's a good sign.

I've read somewhere (I think it was in this thread some time ago), that the Mission are even better than the TC3 on tight technically carpet tracks. Even when it comes to acceleration. Is that true?
Old 12-04-2002, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have never had anyone pull on me anywhere on the track...... If I could only drive then I would be OK......
Old 12-04-2002, 10:55 AM
Tech Regular

When I first got the Mission I was racing on a tight, technical indoor carpet track. A number of the guys tried racing the TC3's, and none could get them setup right so they could compete...they were having to fight the cars constantly to keep them on the lead lap. Most got rid of the TC3's, going to Missions mainly, a couple went to Yoks, and a couple to Losi...

I never tried the TC3, so cant say from personal experience, but I know alot of really good drivers tried them on the tight carpet track and couldn't get them to work as well.

Now I'm racing on an open asphalt track...the only guy that routinely finishes ahead of me races an Xray...little brat is half my age, but I'm gonna get him...

If you go for it, you wont regret getting this car...it fast, durable and stable
Old 12-04-2002, 03:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

The mission is killer on medium bite asphalt...we run on a fairly large med asphalt track all year long...plenty of setups floating around in here for those conditions..

I am now setting up the car for high bite,,(possibly sugar water) in hot weather.

changing quite a few things to gain more cornerspeed in hot weather, as our usual base setup seems to scrub cornerspeed as it gets hotter..the car bogs down mid corner...the weekends forecast is expected to be hot. I tested earlier in the week in similar temps, and arrived at teh setup below.

I am doing the usual things with stiffer oils / springs.... The race is on a control Tire..T.O 27r..open inserts, and open motors..(9x2)

I have got the car going pretty well, but keen to hear anyones suggestions or input..the setup is as follows. (this is my first summer since switching to the mission)

Front;
Red spring
50 weight oil, 3 hole piston
standard swaybar
Mounting locations 1 on tower, 1 on arm (inner)
Upper arm mounted to hole 1 on FUSION bulkhead (upper).
Inline position on hub (hole 1)
6 deg castor
1.5 deg camber
0 inboard toe, 0 toe outer...
5mm ride height
4mm droop (9mm total)
wheel base middle.
front Rollcenter mod raised 2mm
Carpet topdeck
Oneway

Rear;
Red spring
50 weight oil, 3 hole piston
standard swaybar
Mounting locations 1 on tower, 1 on arm (inner)
Upper arm mounted to hole 1 on STANDARD - bulkhead (upper).
standard inner position on hub (hole 2)
1.5 deg camber
0 inboard toe, 2.5 toe in (outer...)
0 antisquat
5.5mm ride height
4mm droop (9.5mm total)
wheel base middle.

Tires Takoff 27r..(control tire)
inserts Sorex B firm (more airgap) or sorex A medium (fuller, less airgap)
Wheel schumacher revlite dish (awesome!)

Motor Fantom Ti 9x2, quasars, copper springs 18 deg timing
Batteries,,schumacher ULTRA metal

I am keen to hear any feedback on other peoples findings when racing hot weather with the mission..on asphalt..(med - high bite)

...fire away guys...im open to suggestions..

the setup above is very well balanced, tire temps are equal front and rear 35-40 c at the end of a run on a warm day. 28c ambient.
I am just looking for even more cornerspeed now.
I am keen to hear ppls feedback on the idea of removing the swaybars, but standing shocks more upright, and different oil / piston combos which could be an improvement.....Fire away fellas!

the track can be viewed here: http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...threadid=10260

Last edited by King-G; 12-04-2002 at 08:21 PM.
Old 12-04-2002, 04:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

If anyone is looking for a Schumacher Mission check out this link. The car is in great condition, has just about every hop up available. All you need is a receiver and radio. Sorry, just switched to the X-RAY.

Schumacher Mission For Sale
Old 12-04-2002, 05:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally posted by markg

Now I'm racing on an open asphalt track...the only guy that routinely finishes ahead of me races an Xray...little brat is half my age, but I'm gonna get him...
LOL...you must be referring to Ron Atomic.
Old 12-05-2002, 12:33 AM
Tech Master

Gav

If i were you i would defenetly be looking to stand the shocks up quite a bit. Proabably something like position 4. I'd go with oil of something like 35-40 wt with 1 hole pistons and either yellow/red springs. Personally i'd go with yellow if you keep the lower on the inner hole, of red on the outer. possibly a mix of inner/yellow up front and red/outer rear.

I haven't ever run the upper fusion bulkhead position. i think it's a bit high really, but as it's quite a long way ou, it may work quite well.

Matt
Old 12-05-2002, 08:07 AM
Tech Regular

RCCadet...nope...not referring to Ron Atomic. If he were showing up there would be two guys routinely finishing ahead of me. Talking about Toastie...hella driver, and great guy...provides great motivation for me to improve my driving/setup. He's got the Xray working really well, but I think I can stay with him. I think the main reason he's been so much faster than me the last couple of weeks is batteries..he has fresh ones, and mine are pushing a year old...Schumacher is happy to hear I am about to remedy that by stretching the credit card a little farther...

Wish I could get Toastie running a Mission...I'll keep working on him...LOL...
Old 12-05-2002, 09:18 AM
Tech Regular

King-G
Only thing I would suggest is standing the shocks up a little...they look way laid down for running on asphalt, unless its super grip...
Old 12-05-2002, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

King-G----- why so much droop? I find my car works alot faster with 2mm or less... I could only imagine the car with 4mm droop, mine would look like a big ol' Cadillac....LOLJ/K, but less droop should increase your cornerspeed......
Old 12-05-2002, 02:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

cheers guys...appreciate all of your comments...

I have always started with 4mm of droop at both ends, (as our track is just swept, not sugar watered usually) I may try 3 or 2mm at both ends this weekend if the grip permits.

Thanks for the ideas on shock mounting locations matt...I have been playing recently without swaybars, and the shocks in holes 3 front and 4 rear, with red springs and 45 weight oil, 3 hole piston.

Should I keep the swaybars with upright shocks?...I always felt the car had better cornerspeed on our track with laydowns..but I might be wrong. we usually run hole 1 front tower, hole 2 rear tower, with blues f+r 35weight and 3 hole pistons.

Interesting points made..something to think about tonight while I prep the car for the weekend..

Cheers guys

Last edited by King-G; 12-05-2002 at 02:49 PM.
Old 12-05-2002, 03:55 PM
Tech Regular

The car becomes really twitchy with the shocks stood up. I like fast response like this, prepares you for any situation

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.