Schumacher Corner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2002, 09:18 AM
Tech Master

How do you view the setup sheets off the schumacher web-site. I download them but they are just blank.
Old 11-01-2002, 12:50 PM
Tech Master

Proud, they are in MS Word Format. They should be fine if you have got word installed. Some word files can be viewed in notepad, but i don't think the Set-up sheets can.
Old 11-01-2002, 01:55 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Many of the new setup sheets are in Adobe and you will need the reader. Also make sure you are clicking on a driver's setup and not the blank setup sheet.
Old 11-02-2002, 01:20 AM
Tech Master

MattW and PW, Okay I got them, the computer I was using didn't have microsoft word. PW, the only .PDF file I see is the blank setup sheet. Thanks for the help.
Old 11-02-2002, 11:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

hey guys... I need some advice. I run a mission on carpet, rubber on the stock car and foam on the mod car. I am having trouble getting the rubber car to rotate in the corner the way I would like. It has good initial turn in but seems to push a little from the middle out. now this is not a big push since I have been qualifying in the top three in prostock, but enough to keep me from TQ. I would post my setup but I have trying new ones each run but I do run the front roll center mod and have played with castor, ride heights, springs, shock positions and oil weights, toe etc. Any ideas on where I should concentrate my efforts?
Old 11-02-2002, 11:10 AM
Tech Elite

Ottoman: Droop might be the solution. Or ease up on the trigger finger
Old 11-02-2002, 11:17 AM
Tech Master

otto, i have suffered with that on some indoor tracks. Never found a solution that i have been totally happy with, have tried removing some material from the lock stops to give more lock. It's not ideal i know............ More anti squat on the rear just might help a little. It does help generally on an off rd car, not actually tried it on the mission though.
Old 11-02-2002, 04:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Less front droop, keep the weight over the front tires.....
Old 11-02-2002, 06:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

corner speed is all I have to say....and I'm not talking about the racer on this thread. Racer X had mad corner speed today. He looked like the Maurer of old today. Traffic killed him throughout the day but it was nice to see an old friend back in form. Congrats to him on his run.
Old 11-04-2002, 12:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Old 11-05-2002, 04:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Guys, Just returned from the Onroad Nationals here In Australia, where both team Schumacher drivers qualified 6,7 In the A main, and finished in the same positions.
Our cars were super efficient using the new R.W pullies, both of us ran 9x2 Fantom Ti motors and Schumacher Ultra metal cells. Neither of us experienced runtime issues which plagued the Field.

The racing was the most competitive in a long while here, with all of the top drivers in attendance it was very pleasing to have both drivers in the A main. Many of Australias best drivers missed the Cut for the A.

This was My first event on Foam tires, and I cant wait to race on rubber tires again, after being taken out of the first 2 finals by another racer, causing the tires to chunk badly, this halted any chance of an overall higher placing.

I got great starts in each final, into 4th place by the 2nd corner, only to be taken out....The Last final I got a clean run and ran 4th until being swiped on the final lap.

Our missions had great pace, and we were able to mix it with the fastest guys there, setting fast lap times but lack of experience and knowledge of Foam tires did hurt our chances of finishing top 3.

We both ran the Fusion Bulkhead in the front of our cars, and also 2 shims under the outer camber Link ballstuds to raise the R/C further.
My Car had the Roll center mod, and the other didnt.
R.W pullies, grey front belts...super fast combo!
Old 11-06-2002, 04:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

King - G, what does the fusion bulkhead do for the car???
Old 11-06-2002, 02:11 PM
Tech Initiate

I will be getting a Mssion in the very near future.

Are there any tips or trick parts that will make the car even better than out of the box than it already is?

Thanks for your time.
Old 11-06-2002, 02:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

I am yest to test it on rubber tires, as the nationals event was on foams, But I felt it increased cornerspeed and steering on entry / mid corner.

The bulkhead is noticably wider, forcing you to run the In-line positions on the hubs, the Camber Link remains the same length, but is further outboard.
Old 11-06-2002, 03:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

FTD: the R.W pullies make the car even more efficient. (well worth the purchase price) also check out the grey front belt for mod, and both for stock.

The Oneway can aid in gaining cornerspeed and entry steering (however I noticed this less than any car before due to the Missions natural amount of steering.

The Stiff topdeck can aid in High grip situations in reducing scrubbing of cornerspeed due to chassis flex.

Titanium for the long rear toe in Turnbuckles. (better durability and weight savings)

Threaded shocks to make finetuning of rideheight easer.

Roll Centre mod (as posted earlier) helps to reduce initial aggressiveness but aids in mid corner to exit steering, nicer feel to drive more confidence inspiring.

These are some tweaks / hopups to consider

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.