Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 07:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FastPete
Does someone know the part number of the blue aluminum spacers to use instead of the plastic ones between the rear lower hinge pin mounts?

Thank You
PN 4617, 12R5 front bulkhead shims
Old 07-04-2011, 07:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by geeunit1014
PN 4617, 12R5 front bulkhead shims
Thanks
Old 07-05-2011, 06:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Has anybody ever tried to get a FDR of 4.0 into their TC6? I pulled up the numbers on www.gearchart.com and this is what I get...
Team Associated TC6 Thread-tc5_gearchart.png
Old 07-05-2011, 06:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wwddww34
Has anybody ever tried to get a FDR of 4.0 into their TC6? I pulled up the numbers on www.gearchart.com and this is what I get...
Attachment 777318
Yup, very possible. In fact, for 17.5 blinky, something around 4.0 is where most settle. I'm running 64 pitch gears, 96/53 (96/53=1.81*2.0=3.62). Car is fast, Boss 17.5 is never over 145 (with a Boss/Fantom fan blowing on it) even in ambient temps in the high 90s. Now if I can just dial in the set up for the technical infield, I'll have something going on!

Somewhere around here someone posted a gear chart that lists ALL of the possible gears based on physical size, 64 and 48 pitch. If you search, I'm sure you'll find it on this thread.

At first I went with Xenon spurs, but found that the standard Kimbrough (the TOP branded ones are a little cheaper) spurs work just fine, as long as you use the alternate lower motor mount hole. Trust me when I tell you this....I hit the boards at speed A LOT, and if you use the proper screws, your motor won't come loose.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:43 PM
Tech Champion

Im running 48 pitch 87/27...Tekin 17.5, 50deg boost,10 on the endbell,15 turbo. After 6 minutes 188 deg alittle warm. First time running the car..Thoughts? I feel it could be alittle quicker all over and cooler also.

Thanks
Old 07-05-2011, 06:53 PM
Tech Champion

Another question

Im running Futaba and when I sync in my Tekin RS Pro it finds netrual and chimes, but wont find FT or FB. But it does seem to work ok. Just seems to have some drag brake and dont feel turbo.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Another question

Im running Futaba and when I sync in my Tekin RS Pro it finds netrual and chimes, but wont find FT or FB. But it does seem to work ok. Just seems to have some drag brake and dont feel turbo.
Make sure your radio EPAs are @ 100% when you calibrate it. After you calibrate the ESC, turn the EPA up another 5% to make sure the turbo stays on
Old 07-05-2011, 06:59 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by geeunit1014
Make sure your radio EPAs are @ 100% when you calibrate it. After you calibrate the ESC, turn the EPA up another 5% to make sure the turbo stays on
They are thats what weird, sounds like im not the first to ask this? Netrual will chime. FT and FB will just sit there flashing.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Im running 48 pitch 87/27...Tekin 17.5, 50deg boost,10 on the endbell,15 turbo. After 6 minutes 188 deg alittle warm. First time running the car..Thoughts? I feel it could be alittle quicker all over and cooler also.

Thanks
That's a little extreme and a little too hot for the Tekin Redline. Try turning down your boost to about 42 and run only about 10 on your turbo. RPM 5-15k, turbo ramp 2. Gearing around 5.7 overall. Should have about the same speed, but won't "sound" as fast. Your motor temps should come down though. You get the Redline close to 200 and there will be no motor left.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wwddww34
Attachment 777318
Try this!

;-)

http://abram.eu.org/gear_tc6.php
Old 07-06-2011, 01:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I know this is the TC6 thread, but I'm hoping to get some un-biased opinions if possible. I usually run Xray cars, but recently sold them thinking I was getting out of the hobby. I loved my T3 '11, but wanted to try something different to keep me intersted in the hobby and was considering trying a TC6. So my question Is the to anyone who has had an Xray T3 '11, or any of the other top touring cars (Tamiya, Photon, etc.) and now run a TC6, how does the TC6 compare as far as handling and quallity? The T3 being one of the top cars I definatley dont want to go to something that is a down grade. I know not every car is for everyone, and set-up and/or driving skill play a part too but just want some basic opinions on whether it is worth trying or to stick with what I was running. Thanks
Old 07-06-2011, 02:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I switched over from the XRAY and could not be happier. Performance wise, they are similar, but price is where the TC6 takes the cake. Out of the box, they both run great, the XRAY has a better overall finish, but is also an extra 100-150 bucks.

Durability-wise they go toe to toe. Maybe the XRAY Knuckles are a bit more resilient, but I could never keep my steering blocks from stripping on the XRAY for example, and my Universals would always come apart. The TC6 is better in this regard.

In the end, hate to sound like a recording, but it is really a matter of personal choice. You will win races with both, you will lose races with both. The cars will give you what you squeeze out of each of them. I chose associated because even though they are owned by Thunder Tiger, they are based out of the USA therefore they employ more people and put more money into the American Economy than all the other pro-level touring cars out there.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
I chose associated because even though they are owned by Thunder Tiger, they are based out of the USA therefore they employ more people and put more money into the American Economy than all the other pro-level touring cars out there.
Well said
Old 07-06-2011, 03:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kobiwan
I know this is the TC6 thread, but I'm hoping to get some un-biased opinions if possible. I usually run Xray cars, but recently sold them thinking I was getting out of the hobby. I loved my T3 '11, but wanted to try something different to keep me intersted in the hobby and was considering trying a TC6. So my question Is the to anyone who has had an Xray T3 '11, or any of the other top touring cars (Tamiya, Photon, etc.) and now run a TC6, how does the TC6 compare as far as handling and quallity? The T3 being one of the top cars I definatley dont want to go to something that is a down grade. I know not every car is for everyone, and set-up and/or driving skill play a part too but just want some basic opinions on whether it is worth trying or to stick with what I was running. Thanks
Sold all your cars? The guys at the Gate were wondering where you have been. Seaball has been depressed for months.

I finally moved from the Phi to a TC6. Everything good so far and the car has proven really durable after being bounced around by me for the past three months, moreso than the Phi. I remember your T3 '11 with the gear diffs. Not sure the finish is quite as nice on the Associated but it isn't quite in the same price point either. As far as a race car I couldn't imagine anything out there being noticeably better out of the box. I think you mentioned having a Phi so while not a direct comparison to the x-ray perhaps a few logical steps might give you some insight. Good luck and hope to see you around. Halloween Classic and Indoor Champs are around the corner....
Old 07-06-2011, 05:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (90%+)

Originally Posted by kobiwan
I switched from XRAY too. Before that I ran a Tamiya. All of them I ran in TC Mod.

As far as fit and finish, the TC6 isnt even CLOSE to how well the Xray or tamiya pieces together. However, as long as you're patient and take time to do things right... the TC6 will handle just as well.

My opinion is that it'll take a little more time to get the kinks settled out of a TC6 (I had to do a little sanding here, a little shimming there), but once you hit the track you'll realize that performance wise it's just as good a car as any.

I run the AE car strictly because of cost. $4 for a set of arms? WINNING.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.