Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 02:36 PM
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sizheng
For the V3 speedo user, we suggest you to try FIRMWARE 0511_BETA, it is faster than the previous version. And the punch for the low end is better.
Latest firmware on the site is V3.1_setup_120612

http://www.hobbywing.com/product_show.asp?id=218

the beta one you suggest is it better?
Old 06-18-2012, 04:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by defcone
Sizheng replied about the voltage 2 posts above you, never seen the motor cut off work for any motors yet tbh. My rpm log was recording reasonable rpms, my 4.5t got 64000 which worked out to be 105 kph if my math was correct. What fdr were you running?
I was running 7.4 with my 10.5 motor, is it possible for a 10.5 to rev that high? how did you calculate speed? Yeah only spotted the voltage post after I posted so I have it disabled and that's why i'm not getting a reading..

Thanks,
Keith
Old 06-18-2012, 09:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Update on the throttle delay problem:

I just received the program box today. I feel like I just wasted $25. It didn't fix a single thing. That VERY VERY noticeable delay is still there. On the bench, it's bad. On the track, it's even worse. The car is incredibly slow to get to full throttle.

Like I said earlier, it wasn't doing this before. Only after I changed motors did this problem occur. Now it happens no matter what motor is attached to it. I'm getting rather frustrated as the "fix" didn't really do a damn thing except make me spend 25 useless dollars.

Cobra, what other fixes can we try? I'm not too keen on having a $100 paperweight sitting on my desk for reasons that I have no control over.

Edit: I've also tried adding a glitch buster cap, just in case that was the problem. Didn't make a difference.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Last edited by rcuser67898578; 12-12-2023 at 02:46 AM.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Here's a video of the problem I'm having. I've tried every firmware available. Nothing works.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

FOR SOME QUESTIONS:

*0511_BETA firmware is in the newest USB LINK SOFTWARE (612)

*thunder power and Reedy motors have no temp.sensor , so you can't read out the motor temp. in the data log.

*max. rpm in data log is just a reference, may not be useful if you "fly to the air" on the straight which make your motor gets higher rpm than normal.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hyujmn
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Here's a video of the problem I'm having. I've tried every firmware available. Nothing works.
isnt that just normal? i still use the v2.1 it has a slight delay when pushing the throttle like that because it bases its turbo timing and boost timing engaging on rpm not on throttle position. i mean you wont get to 3000rpm from 0rpm in as fast as you can queeze the throttle..
Old 06-18-2012, 11:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tmomedrano
isnt that just normal? i still use the v2.1 it has a slight delay when pushing the throttle like that because it bases its turbo timing and boost timing engaging on rpm not on throttle position. i mean you wont get to 3000rpm from 0rpm in as fast as you can queeze the throttle..
I'm in blinky mode, though. Not using boost. I've tried all of the firmwares, such as the MOD, STOCK, NO TIMING, etc... Every single one of them have this problem.

And like I said, before I switched motors, it was not having this delay. It had excellent response. I switched, then it started doing it. Now it does it with ANY motor, old or new, that I attach to it.

It's pretty frustrating. I've tried everything that I can to keep using the Hobbywing because I liked it a lot.

And like what mulepic was saying, it's much worse on the tracks. Coming out of any corner, there is a huge delay when going to full throttle.

Last edited by hyujmn; 06-18-2012 at 11:23 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:42 PM
Tech Regular

I'm in blinky mode, though. Not using boost. I've tried all of the firmwares, such as the MOD, STOCK, NO TIMING, etc... Every single one of them have this problem.

And like I said, before I switched motors, it was not having this delay. It had excellent response. I switched, then it started doing it. Now it does it with ANY motor, old or new, that I attach to it.

It's pretty frustrating. I've tried everything that I can to keep using the Hobbywing because I liked it a lot.

And like what mulepic was saying, it's much worse on the tracks. Coming out of any corner, there is a huge delay when going to full throttle.
have you tried changing sensor wires? or recalibrating everything to your radio? it used to do this when i changed motors... then i just set everything back... no problem so far... hope it helps..
Old 06-19-2012, 12:52 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Update on the throttle delay problem:
Originally Posted by tmomedrano
have you tried changing sensor wires?
+1
I think you need to look there.
Last time on the track somebody had the same problem, I gave him a new sensor cable, problem solved, by the looks, his sensor cable looked in perfect shape, but still it was broken....
If it isn't the sensor wire, please check if maybe a pin of the sensor connection is bend on the ESC....

Have you tried putting a boost firmware in?, and see if boost timing engages, because if not, it's definitely a sensor problem....
Old 06-19-2012, 01:20 AM
Tech Champion

+ YouTube Video

Have you checked the throttle pots on your transmitter? Possible it's a problem with the transmitter rather than the esc, and it's just co-incidence its happened with the change of esc.
I've personally had this issue before, where for some reason I had a bad throttle potentiometer, and cause the throttle range to vary. Made the throttle feel very very weird.

The other thing... Check the motors tabs for any possible short (same on the esc). Just a small bridge could cause an issue.

EDIT - going on the above, check the sensor port on the esc... Quite possible it's not engaging properly as some have said.

HiH
Ed
Old 06-19-2012, 02:07 AM
Tech Elite

most who have had the problem of a delay during throttle response was found to be either a faulty radio or a incorrect setting of the radio.re calibrate is the best way to find out.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:07 AM
Tech Elite

Hi Guys

To get the most out of any hobbywing product i stress that you must read the manual not once but 10 times until you understand it

Many have had issues with brakes,delays and much more and most have been sorted by reading the manual and understanding how the esc functions please dont make guesses that's how many fall into the trap and then its the esc's fault or the manufacturer .
yes please ask questions if you dont understand some parts of the manual but please go through the manual first dont just guess and put the car on the track

Most esc issues are related to radio setups if you dont know an area or option of your radio dont use it simple and wait until you can ask someoen the question about the function say example ABS for brakes etc etc .

I will try and simplify the manual soon o make it as basic as possible

regards Angelo
Old 06-19-2012, 03:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

What gears are you using? If you have to big of a pinion gear, it could cause the motor to load up and thus a delay before it can get the whole thing going?
Old 06-19-2012, 03:54 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys, I have been using a xerun 120a sensored motor and esc combo for awhile now and have just installed a belt drive to my chassis replacing the spur witch means i need to reverse
the motor direction but cant find it in the firmware updates.

Is this available or will I have to go un-sensored if I want to run the belt set up?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.