Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Hey guys, i bought a great Tamiya BMW body but the only problem is the foam bumper is too big to fit under the body, do you just trim to foam or are there smaller bumpers or what? Also when i look at the car straight on from the front, it looks like the front spool is tilted and not exactly straight up and down, is this correct? and why do you have to glue that spool, why doesn't it just come as one piece?
Old 08-20-2013, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Graham11
Hey guys, i bought a great Tamiya BMW body but the only problem is the foam bumper is too big to fit under the body, do you just trim to foam or are there smaller bumpers or what? Also when i look at the car straight on from the front, it looks like the front spool is tilted and not exactly straight up and down, is this correct? and why do you have to glue that spool, why doesn't it just come as one piece?
Even some TC bodies don't fit perfectly with the kit bumper. So you can use a Dremel with a sanding drum to contour it to fit perfectly for the body you are using.

It sounds like you have different diff height adjusters installed left and right. There are four different height options available so make sure they match left to right.

Glue the spool?
Old 08-20-2013, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
Even some TC bodies don't fit perfectly with the kit bumper. So you can use a Dremel with a sanding drum to contour it to fit perfectly for the body you are using.

It sounds like you have different diff height adjusters installed left and right. There are four different height options available so make sure they match left to right.

Glue the spool?
He might mean the pulley side plates...
I'm of the understanding that this is for cost savings. A tool to make the spool pulley one piece would be far more complicated and increase tooling costs.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

OK thanks for info on bumper.

As for the heigh adjusters, I do not remember that while doing the build, if it matters I have the FT worlds car.

And, yea that makes sense, but why not make it screw together you know? glue there just seems like a potential weak point but i CA'd pretty good.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

OK thanks for info on bumper.

As for the heigh adjusters, I do not remember that while doing the build, if it matters I have the FT worlds car.

And, yea that makes sense, but why not make it screw together you know? glue there just seems like a potential weak point but i CA'd pretty good.
Regarding the pulley make sure the belt tension is set the same on both sides.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:20 AM
Tech Addict

why not make it screw together you know? glue there just seems like a potential weak point but i CA'd pretty good.
I think they did that so they can mold the gear. you cant get the parts to release from the mold tool if it was one piece. I guess CA is plenty strong and lighter than screws. I've never had a problem with mine.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:13 PM
Tech Elite

The height/tension adjusters are on all TC6 models. If you put one in upside down the height will be off from side to side. Same goes if you use 1 of the mid height adjusters along with 1 full height adjuster. Make sure they are the same part and installed in the same orientation. Remember, they are also adjusted as mirror images of each other from left to right and vise versa.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks guys I figured it out, yes I didnt realize you were referring to the tensioners when saying height, Ive never had a belt drive car before.

Next question, what size pinion and what turn motor do you guys suggest for just whipping around the neighborhood for fun, right now have a viper vst 9.5t with a 19t pinion but ordered a set with 16-18-20-22-24-26. viper esc too.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks guys I figured it out, yes I didnt realize you were referring to the tensioners when saying height, Ive never had a belt drive car before.

Next question, what size pinion and what turn motor do you guys suggest for just whipping around the neighborhood for fun, right now have a viper vst 9.5t with a 19t pinion but ordered a set with 16-18-20-22-24-26. viper esc too.
That setup should do just fine. It will be plenty fast. Start with the 24 tooth pinion, this will put you at 7.25 FDR. Don't use a boosted setup just yet and check your motor temp after about 2-3minutes of horsing around. If it's under 130*F you can either increase pinion size or add some boost/turbo.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

Is there somewhere that tells me what settings to use on my ProGauge for onroad "bashing" if thats what you call it? i am not familiar with all the different choices but I bought the viper system used and want to make sure its not set up for something completely different than TC.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

Is there somewhere that tells me what settings to use on my ProGauge for onroad "bashing" if thats what you call it? i am not familiar with all the different choices but I bought the viper system used and want to make sure its not set up for something completely different than TC.
You can likely download the user manual from their website. Once you are familiar with the system, you can make changes. If it has a "blinky" non-boost mode, you should start there.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:16 PM
Tech Regular

Any suggestions on traction compound for asphalt other than a Trinity product?
Old 08-22-2013, 12:17 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by flyingm
Sweep stuff isn't to bad, but not the best
Old 08-22-2013, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by flyingm
Liquid Gravity is pretty good but a tad bit expensive.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:04 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks everyone for your help, finished my build and body painting etc... Looks awesome and she whips but I'm already bored of driving straight on flat ground hahaha good thing I'm into building more than driving, but now im thinking about racing but idk if we have an on road race track near Philly, I'll have to ask around

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.