Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree16Likes

Serpent S411

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 12:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
The new shock where designed to accept the normal length springs (Serpent springs). I have run other makes of springs on these shocks as well, Xray, Associated, 3R, and RSD, they all will fit, although ride height adjustments can be a challenge sometimes. Haven't tried ride springs, but I suspect they will be the same as the others above. Machining the collars could get you a bit more adjustment, but there isn't much there to work with, maybe about 1mm.

The last diffs I received all had the tags on them stating that they where V3 diffs. Best to double check the website for the V3 diff number if thats what your after. Shows part #401592 geardiff composite V3

If your track is really bumpy the bars can throw the car off, but if your on smooth track the bars will help the car in tuning.

To substitute for the broken top deck adjustment, you could try running with less screws on the top deck and play around with the motor mount inner bracket, maybe even consider going to the setscrew over the lower screw. Usually the flexi top decks break at the back not the front like yours, if the car is a new kit and you sustained that much damage, I would also check the lower bumper mount, the "extended" plastic bumper will bend down and cause handling issues....I usually trim that outer perimeter off the bumper.
Not bumpy at all... Newer track, smooth and high bite surface. Just strange on how the car just came together with a broken top deck. I'm not complaining but was just in shock how much the car improved, even other racers commented on how good the car looked.

I will have a new top deck on soon and will try leaving out some screws and see if the car will handle the same.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:24 PM
Tech Regular

A lot of parts looks interchangeable between the S411 and the ARC R-10. Anyone tried? They´re quite cheaper...
Old 09-20-2013, 03:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Holmenkollen
A lot of parts looks interchangeable between the S411 and the ARC R-10. Anyone tried? They´re quite cheaper...
I use this ARC O-rings in my diff insted of the Serpent X-rings! Much better in my opinion

http://www.arc-rc.com.tw/products_r1...spare4006.html
Old 09-20-2013, 04:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Holmenkollen
Good tip, I will order and try the blades. Half price to Serpent original ones

http://www.rc-mushroom.com/images/ARC-R101030.jpg
Old 09-20-2013, 07:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I use ARC balls and cups, they seem to have less slop and last a long time.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:12 AM
Tech Rookie

Smile S411 TE or Eryx 2.0

Hi guys, I saw a Team Edition kit on sale and is $100 less that Eryx 2.0 I already know that Eryx has lower shock towers and better gravity center. But the question is if is worth it? and also how much the difference could be between this two versions.... Thanks for any advise.
Regards,
Alex
Old 09-20-2013, 09:02 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by alexrgz
Hi guys, I saw a Team Edition kit on sale and is $100 less that Eryx 2.0 I already know that Eryx has lower shock towers and better gravity center. But the question is if is worth it? and also how much the difference could be between this two versions.... Thanks for any advise.
Regards,
Alex
I would spend the extra $100
Old 09-20-2013, 09:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alexrgz
Regards,
Alex
For a club racer like me it is not going to make a huge difference jumping to a Eryx. My times probably aren't going to change. But for serious racers the extra $100 would be definitely worth it. If your just the weekend club racer save $100 and spend it on other parts or electronics you might need. The Serpent S411TE is still a very competitive car.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:45 PM
Tech Addict

Last edited by Phoenix82; 09-25-2013 at 10:57 PM. Reason: double post.. sorry
Old 09-25-2013, 09:46 PM
Tech Addict

Hi Guys. I picked up a used Eryx a few weeks back. I have totally stripped and cleaned and rebuilt the car. The car was basicly new when i received it.
My question is, i have taken apart the shocks, cleaned and put new oil in them. I have set them up for zero rebound. but now they seem to squeek???? only one is completely silent? why is that and what do I have to do to fix the issue?

Nick K
Old 09-25-2013, 10:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Phoenix82
Hi Guys. I picked up a used Eryx a few weeks back. I have totally stripped and cleaned and rebuilt the car. The car was basicly new when i received it.
My question is, i have taken apart the shocks, cleaned and put new oil in them. I have set them up for zero rebound. but now they seem to squeek???? only one is completely silent? why is that and what do I have to do to fix the issue?

Nick K
hum..... Does it sound like you have air inside the shocks or something rubbing? I donot have issue for the one I build for my friend. But one of my customer say the finishing of the inner shock body is not really smooth causing some rubbing. But I donot think it is a common issue as only heard one so far........ If everything is ok maybe changing the o-ring and piston help?
Old 09-25-2013, 10:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Anyone found their rear toe to be wildly uneven? I've got almost 4 deg on one side and ~2.5 on the other. The car visibly travels sideways in a straight line.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:54 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by roche.hk
hum..... Does it sound like you have air inside the shocks or something rubbing? I donot have issue for the one I build for my friend. But one of my customer say the finishing of the inner shock body is not really smooth causing some rubbing. But I donot think it is a common issue as only heard one so far........ If everything is ok maybe changing the o-ring and piston help?
I dont have a shock bleader. ill borrow one and get back to you. thanks for the insite.

Nick K
Old 09-25-2013, 10:56 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Steve S
Anyone found their rear toe to be wildly uneven? I've got almost 4 deg on one side and ~2.5 on the other. The car visibly travels sideways in a straight line.
Hi Steve. My TE seems to be fine on the straight aways. I gather you tryed a different rear suspension block to see if its just a bad holder??

Nick K

ps. are you making the trip to toon town this weekend??
Old 09-25-2013, 11:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Phoenix82

Nick K
I have noticed the same issue in some of my shocks. I have no prof but I think it is "worse" when I changed to the delring pistons in all my shocks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.