Search
Like Tree16Likes

Serpent S411

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 04:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard
I was about to say... check the instructions, need to add 1mm shims there now!
well i got 2 battery packs through it this evening. first half of a pack, kit setup but with 3 hole front 4 hole rear 500cst shocks. 4 gear 600 cst rear diff.
car pushed on power and taily off power. tried to drive as smooth as possible, but came in. changed to orange front white rear springs. and changed rear toe plate to 3.5 . getting there. still a bit taily off power, and the push onpower made me run very close to the wall a few times. so front diff went in 500,000. presto. lengthened rear wheel base a little and it was certainly there.
so i start playing with Dual rate. the original 411 i ran from 76-82 dependant of track conditions. with the new car feeling planted, a bit more steering was needed. so i kept going up wiht dual rate a few laps at a time. 96 i ended with.
i could go a little harder into a corner having more steering available, but yet the rear end was still locked in. this telling me the new car has more rear grip generated with ones own setup. i didnt have my transponder on, but the car felt very predictable, consistant, and held line very well with good stable and fast direction changes. everything i was hoping for
will see tommorow how this translates with lap times, but with it being 36C tommorow, not about to be pushing things to the limit just yet, unless i feel comfortable lol. but first impressions, very nice !
Old 02-02-2013, 04:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
i hope Serpent release a long set of these shocks. they are so much better.
Maybe Serpent will release a long version, but you should buy new sets of short shocks and also lower towers and put that on the older car instead. That's what I would do. It should all fit and since we can use normal length springs, no going back in my opinion. The longer shock versions would be better for Serpent's nitro cars I would think.

Steve
Old 02-02-2013, 05:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by corallyman
Maybe Serpent will release a long version, but you should buy new sets of short shocks and also lower towers and put that on the older car instead. That's what I would do. It should all fit and since we can use normal length springs, no going back in my opinion. The longer shock versions would be better for Serpent's nitro cars I would think.

Steve
yes i was suggesting the longer ones for the nitro cars. since i race both forms, id like to see these type of shocks on the nitro cars.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
yes i was suggesting the longer ones for the nitro cars. since i race both forms, id like to see these type of shocks on the nitro cars.
Gotta!! I used to run 1/8th on road myself but it no longer races at all in my area. Too Bad.

Steve
Old 02-02-2013, 07:42 AM
Tech Elite

Marc Fischer just got TQ away from Paul Lemuiex in 12th scale Modified in the 4th and last round at the Snowbirds. Awesome

Now hopefully he gets Sedan Mod TQ too. Get em Marc
Old 02-02-2013, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have a feeling we are going to get a influx of new owners to Serpent here shortly.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi guys , I have tested today the New Shock´s with new Shocktowers and it´s Amazing . The Car feel´s very Easy to Drive and Fast. Tomorow i tested teh new Servo mount . i will report ...
Old 02-03-2013, 01:57 AM
Tech Elite

Well my first event has been run with the S411 2.0.
got up to 38C today. very hot. car felt good this morning in 1st qualy, but was already hot, i bowed out of the first qualy with a shut down. as did many others.
2nd run the top arm came loose with a lap to go, so i finished 2nd. and won the 3rd qualy. this was tied for points for TQ, but my last run was over 10 secs faster, so i managed to grasp TQ just. 1st Final, hottest part of the day, car just didnt feel too good from start to finish of the race. so i went over the car, some settings were out a little, but enough. after resetting the car, 2nd Final , was a pretty clean race from start to finish. the car felt great again, easy to drive fast. 3rd Final, (had the Win already sewn up) got off to a poor start, and came back to win, 19 laps around the 5:12-5:14 is a very compettitive time in such conditions. i was able to hit 16.3 5 times in a rowand cons of .19 .22 showed the chassis was working well. 4 weeks will see our state titles, its looking very promising indeed. great start for me and the car over here in our remote part of the world
Old 02-03-2013, 02:20 AM
Tech Elite

also i gave young Chris Mitchell a hand over the last few weeks, hiss first event running in stock, only a hand full of club days under his belt, driving the SP setup and the S411 TE, he walked home with a 3rd placed trophy, and was in the running for a win in the last Final . unfortunately it didnt go his way, and a crash on the grid spoilt that chance. butserpent 1st and TQ in Mod and 3rd in stock. Happy Days.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Just saw corallymans new serpent tc . What a work of art! Very nice good job serpent.
Old 02-03-2013, 03:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
I have a feeling we are going to get a influx of new owners to Serpent here shortly.
got and built it friday, ran it today.

Ran pretty well for first run.

Anyone else think, "Holy balls these ballcups are too tight" ?

minimum ride height with Jaco's, yokomo springs is close to 6mm in the front, interesting
Old 02-03-2013, 03:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by R3VoLuTiOn
got and built it friday, ran it today.

Ran pretty well for first run.

Anyone else think, "Holy balls these ballcups are too tight" ?

minimum ride height with Jaco's, yokomo springs is close to 6mm in the front, interesting
Ball Cups were amazingly tight to get on. DANGER ! i use adjustable multi grips , you can adjust it for the right angles so your clamping them on square, anything else and its likley to slip and do some damage. but hell yeah, they are tight.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

After an exhausting and mentally straining week I walked away from my first Snobird National with my head held high. This week was the 19th annual Snowbird Nationals with over 600+ entries running both onroad and oval racing this is the largest race in the world. My first experience was amazing. A lot of talented guys here and a quick reality check that I am not the fastest around. Many big names in attendance like Marc Fisher, Paul Lemieux, Josh Cyrul, Keven Hebert, Mike Haynes, Eric Anderson, Ralph Burch just to name a few. Everyone was super helpful and really friendly not one negative thing to say about this event.

I received the new Serpent Eryx this past Tuesday and stayed up the entire night building it until practice started 5:00am Wednesday. In practice I realized the car was really amazing just from using Marc Fisher setup from the last ETS race. But I also realized that the setup made quite a bit of traction which was not what we needed seeing that the traction was up quite a bit from all the racers in attendance. I struggled to get used to the new car in such a short time but I stuck with it. The car was just how I liked it early really responsive and carried great corner speed but I had traction rolling problems. I went on to do things to take the traction away from the car. I qualified originally in 30th place when I first got the car then the following qualifier I bettered it to a 22th place next qualifier I only bettered my pace by .2 tenths which didn't move me in spots what so ever. The final qualifier I knew I had to push for it all so I did as much as I could to get the car to continue to have great rotation but wanted to lose some of the grip. In my warm up laps I thought that the car felt great and just the way I liked it. In that run I bettered my pace by 12 places to place my self bottom of the A in 10th place. With the unique format here at Snowbirds, B Mains are run to see who bumps up to the A Main. So even with me being 10th in the A main I had to prove I belonged by bumping up from the B main. In the B main my car felt great unfortunately I was hit and spun out in the 7th turn of the layout causing me to fall to third and couldn't recover the lead from over 3 seconds. I had to settle for second place.

I have to say that the car was really good and like the previous model was really responsive to seup changes. All of the new features of the car seem to be great attributes to the Serpent Eryx. If you race at low grip tracks this car is simply amazing. But as I was shown at Snowbirds some small changes this thing is one hell of a racing machine. Wish I had more time to get used to it but very happy with how well I got it to work in such a short time.

Would like to Thank Serpent America, Paul Ciccarello, James Reilly, friend and team mate John Lee, and also Marc Fisher he gave me a lot of good tips this week.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

Awesome job Alston, you did great! Yeah, the snowbirds is a big challenge on it's own, but having to dial in a new car is tough to do in such a short time. You should be proud. With time on the car we will know what to do to it in high bite tracks. I am looking forward to seeing marc's setup and comparing it to his others.

Steve
Old 02-03-2013, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Ive been running the DJC shafts in the front of my car for about 4 meets now. How is everyone maintaining these? Ive got spare shrink wrap so im thinking of just pulling them down and relubing after a good clean. Is anyone doing anything special with lubes? seeing as it is so hard to lube these with the shrink wrap over them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.