Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2002, 10:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Just got back from my LHS...release date is Oct 2002! I hate waiting, but It lookes like i'll just have to.
Old 09-09-2002, 12:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Losi XXX setup

Hi Todd,
I was looking at your carpet setup sheet posted on the Losi site (1-27-02). What would you do different for asphalt, and what do you think about the low roll in the rear and normal in the front for asphalt? Carpet coming soon do you have a new setup for carpet; I usually race on Scott's track in Stockton.

Thanks!
Old 09-09-2002, 09:52 PM
TLRacing

Mr.G-Well lately at Socal I have been running almost the same setup. Here are the changes I have.
-Shocks F/R-40wt,56 pistons, Purple springs on the front.
-Front Roll Center-Middle with 4F block mounted in the lower holes. This gives the car a little kickup.
-Rear Camber Link-2/A
-Arm spacing-Middle on the front and rear.
I don't have anything new for carpet setups. I guess I might have to try and make it up to Stockton when they start racing again. When do they start up again?

rayhuang-The rear arm part# will stay the same. There will be a different # for the bumpers though. We are going to offer the stiff bumpers and the current bumpers. As soon as I know the part numbers I will post them on here. I am not sure when that will exactly be.
Old 09-09-2002, 09:56 PM
TLRacing

Default Titanium Screws

Have you guys checked out the new TIR Titanium screws that Schumacher is bringing into the States. Very nice screw package for the XXX-S. The one thing I like the best about them is they use 5/64 allen head for every screw including buttonhead, flathead and of course caphead. The other nice thing I decked my car out with them and had screws left over???
Old 09-09-2002, 11:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Default TIR screw kit

Yeah, I just installed that screw kit too and I was wondering where the extra screws went??? Between the TIR kit and graphite shock towers, I managed to shed 1 ounce from the stock kit. Hope the new graphite chassis comes out soon so I can lean it out some more!!!

Incidentally, I did manage to ruin the hex on one of the flat head screws - I didn't think that was possible with Titanium???
Old 09-10-2002, 01:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Todge: really nice to see you frequenting this thread! i follow your thread at Tech Talk a lot and has been probably the best resource for tuning my xxx-s. thanks for all the help making my xxx-s faster! by the way i currently use "skylab" as a handle in tech talk ... the guy with all the questions about the spool/locked front diff and the GT7 i will be visiting US shores this week but mostly in the east cost. will only visit san fran for a week. would love to chekc out the racing scene in CA as well but wouldnt know where to go and what to check out.

Mr.G: ive tried the low roll rear and hi roll front already and it basically makes the car feel more balanced especially in instances when your front end feels a bit too aggressive. well, at least thats how it felt when i tried it .....

Last edited by ROBORAT; 09-10-2002 at 01:55 AM.
Old 09-10-2002, 01:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Smile XXX rear swaybar mount for XXX-S

Hi, i would like to ask you if i can use TTK5019 Trinity Team Kinwald, XXX/XXXT Rear SWAY BAR MOUNT, blue aluminum for my XXX-S. I was on the Euros in lostallo and i saw David's car with blue mounts for his sway bar, and i thought it was from XXX.
Can you help me a little bit with this??

Thanks,

Harris
www.dsaw-hobbies.com
Old 09-10-2002, 04:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by T. Hodge
Mr.G-Well lately at Socal I have been running almost the same setup. Here are the changes I have.
-Shocks F/R-40wt,56 pistons, Purple springs on the front.
-Front Roll Center-Middle with 4F block mounted in the lower holes. This gives the car a little kickup.
-Rear Camber Link-2/A
-Arm spacing-Middle on the front and rear.
I don't have anything new for carpet setups. I guess I might have to try and make it up to Stockton when they start racing again. When do they start up again?

rayhuang-The rear arm part# will stay the same. There will be a different # for the bumpers though. We are going to offer the stiff bumpers and the current bumpers. As soon as I know the part numbers I will post them on here. I am not sure when that will exactly be.
Stockton starts their carpet season Oct. 16th. I believe that mod will be on foams and stock will stay on rubber.
Old 09-10-2002, 09:42 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi STLNLST,

Thanks for the info, and I believe they start in Oct (mid). I will post the schedule as soon as I have it. It would be great to see ya at the Stockton track
Old 09-10-2002, 09:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Todd,

Excellent idea I will try the mid front setup and I believe mid October we start.
Old 09-10-2002, 10:42 AM
Tech Elite

Default stripping titanium screw heads.

The titanium racing screws acutally use a metric hex, which is 2mm, I think the imperial one that you've been using is very close but a tiny bit smaller, just enough to cause a few problems on the odd screw thats either tough to get in or tolerences meaning it's got a slightly larger hex.
Old 09-10-2002, 07:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i'll be flying to the U.S. this friday (Sept 13) and was wondering how difficult it would be to bring in my gear. My port of entry will be New York and since my arrival will be so close to 9/11 memorial day (just a few days after), i am expecting that the security at the airports will be very very tight! so i was wondering if id be hassled if i bring in my gear -- i mean with all the electronics, the batt packs, and a "gun type" controler, will i be faced with some stiffer security checks or maybe even have some gear confiscated (like the batts)??? i may be over reacting here but its my first time to bring my gear with me and i dont know what to expect. Just thought of asking you guys in case any of you have had to travel experience with your stuff to and from the US. any tips?
Old 09-10-2002, 09:25 PM
Tech Addict

I would ship it usp or fedex, thats the easiest way just bubble wrap everything
Old 09-10-2002, 09:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Default dang imperialists!!!

Herminator -

Thanks for the heads up on the TiR screws. FYI I measured my Thorp 5/64 wrench and it is actually slightly larger than 2.0 mm - poor imperial quality control I guess?!?!?! (should be 1.98)
Old 09-10-2002, 11:43 PM
TLRacing

Roborat-I would'nt worry too much about travelling. I do it all the time. Just keep in mind they will probably want to look at your equipment. So make sure your rc stuff is easily accessible and can be packed up easily. This will just save time. Also don't bring any type of aersol can liquids such as motor spray. I usually bring a RC magazine with me to show airport security in case they start asking what all my equipment is. I usually carry my radio on as a carry on. Believe it or not, I have never been asked to open my bag with my radio in my carry on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.