Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree248Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2016, 07:31 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

For 13.5 a 7.0 FDR is a good starting place. So on the XB4 if you used a 78 spur with a 28 pinion combined with the transmission ratio of 2.5, you would have a 6.96 FDR.

Originally Posted by blwaz23
Starting gearing for a 13.5 for the XB4 '16 on a medium sized high bite turf track?
Old 12-31-2016, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DustinEich
6 volts are going to the servo and if the chassis is tweaking than yes you will need to adjust the end points. Floating mount is bling IMO.
Thanks.
I wondered if it was flexing like that cause I put the med side pods on it but I'll try dialing back the travel a little and see if that helps
Old 12-31-2016, 02:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

at the rest the servo travel shouldn't flex anything
Old 01-01-2017, 10:20 AM
Tech Master

Just gota say this... Amain needs to step up their X-ray game. All the good parts are never in stock. Very aggrevating
Old 01-01-2017, 10:44 AM
JAE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

This track is always stocked. Sell under a different name on eBay... just call... same prices as amain and owner is an avid X-ray driver. Very knowledgeable

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=468602049818058&tsid=0.232877564855 84699&source=typeahead

Originally Posted by Slapjack
Just gota say this... Amain needs to step up their X-ray game. All the good parts are never in stock. Very aggrevating
Old 01-01-2017, 11:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Amain usually has and does a good job of having the XB4 parts. You can also look thru Absolute Hobbyz, Superior Hobbies, Hooligan RC on FB out of TX is great about having or getting parts from and SVCRC is another great place to buy from and Eric there is very helpful
Old 01-01-2017, 10:54 PM
Tech Master

Thanks... absolute hobby is my next place I always check if Amain doesn't have the parts I need, they usually do on eBay. But I like to always buy from Amain when possible so I just wish more of the popular parts could be in stock more is all I was saying.

I am wondering, what effect would putting the shocks on the rear side of the tower/arms have? I am running on low/med grip clay and I was told to put them on the rear of my xb2 carpet car when I'm running it on clay. So was wondering if I should also try it on the xb4? And do I just flip them to the back or do I have to change anything else in order to run them that way?
Old 01-01-2017, 11:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I don't think it's amain, xray doesn't always have the parts on hand from what I was told.
Old 01-02-2017, 01:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I drove my buggy for the first time yesterday. First off it worked good, the diffs felt good, and no weird noises. I raced on a medium/high grip clay/topsoil track, it's black dirt but it has a lot of traction. Slicks work best there. I felt like I could really push the car, I needed a little bit more rear end rotation but that was it. I should of won the B but traction rolled twice once I got in the lead w/ 2 mins left. I left the ride height at 21 F/22 R which is too high for this track which has really small jumps. That ride height was ok earlier in the day but the traction comes up towards the end of the day and I should of remembered that. I looked at some other buggys again and none of them look nearly as easy to work on. I was happy w/ this buggy after the build and am still very happy w/ it after driving it.
Old 01-02-2017, 04:26 PM
Tech Regular

I run mine at 19mm and try a stiffer rear spring... This car can almost be entirely tuned with springs, ride height, and roll center.
Old 01-03-2017, 01:20 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Anybody ever run an orca vx3? I just went through the program settings and there is nothing to set the voltage to the servo. So how do I know how many volts are going to the servo?
Also when I turn you can see the chasis twisting and also the front arms kinda being pulled in the direction the servo is turning. Do I need to adjust the end points or something on my radio? And would it be a good upgrade to get the floating servo mount so it isn't tweaking the chasis every time I turn?
The VX3 does not have adjustable BEC voltage at this time. With the current firmware it has a regulated 6.0 volt / 3.0 amp circuit. Make sure to double check your steering linkages for neutral lengths; get as close to mechanically centered as you can. Try and shoot for the lowest amount of subtrim you can get and set your final end-points with the car on the ground at ride height. Doing this will help eliminate unwanted strain on the steering and suspension, and improve overall steering balance.
Old 01-03-2017, 07:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Thanks Dustin, I'm running kit springs so maybe I'll pick up a 3 dot rear spring. I'll be running at a large size/jump clay indoor track this weekend so maybe I'll start off 20mm ride height and see how that works. This track doesn't allow slicks, so tires are 80% of your set up I'm told/experienced.
Old 01-03-2017, 08:46 AM
Tech Regular

Also give the progressive springs a try for large jump tracks... I have ben really liking them on a smooth flowing track as well.
Old 01-03-2017, 08:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Just to add.... stocking Xray parts is a bit complicated because of Xray updating their kits every year. I also let my Xray parts inventory drop to 0 when it's the time of year that Xray discontinues previous models. We suppliers do not want to get stuck with inventory that do not fit upcoming model changes... Once the new model is released we then slowly build inventory back up once parts compatibility is confirmed. It's so much easier stocking parts for AE and TLR cars as they have a little longer life cycles
Old 01-03-2017, 04:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BigPinion
The VX3 does not have adjustable BEC voltage at this time. With the current firmware it has a regulated 6.0 volt / 3.0 amp circuit. Make sure to double check your steering linkages for neutral lengths; get as close to mechanically centered as you can. Try and shoot for the lowest amount of subtrim you can get and set your final end-points with the car on the ground at ride height. Doing this will help eliminate unwanted strain on the steering and suspension, and improve overall steering balance.
Thanks for the info. Ppl seem to think I'm running onroad
Electronics in my off-road cars. Yea I've seen more
Onroad cars running orca ECS's but I think they work great in my off-road cars. I have another question regarding this. I want to run a 13.5 24KO in my X-ray buggies. Amain says the KO is for high load applications, boosted class, heavier vehicles and the stator has a bigger blank than the KO so not so hard to heat soak. So this motor would be perfectly fine to run in my xb4 or xb2 right?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.