Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 05:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default ITF Chassis

Tony, you said it makes quite of a difference on carpet. Can you describe what is the different feel? If it makes the car faster, I am all for it.

By the way I just talked to Evan of Stormer Hobbies and he put the kit up for about $ 75.00 as of now.
https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...ns&pn=ASC31136
Rock on Team A for keeping the fires going.
God Bless
Old 01-27-2006, 06:11 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jsaves
Tony, you said it makes quite of a difference on carpet. Can you describe what is the different feel? If it makes the car faster, I am all for it.

By the way I just talked to Evan of Stormer Hobbies and he put the kit up for about $ 75.00 as of now.
https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...ns&pn=ASC31136
Rock on Team A for keeping the fires going.
God Bless
wow thats cheap...
Old 01-27-2006, 07:28 AM
Tech Regular

Well tonight is the first night Im going to be racing with these rubbers, I have been practicing with them and there not so bad. You really got to make sure you don't put too much or too little traction action on them though, last week at practice I put too much on the inner front (came out maybe more than 50, like 75%...I was getting lame turns and too much grip. It does wear off faster though so you got to be careful I noticed.

Well wish me luck.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc3 racer sc
hey tony i lost my instruction to my shock up grade kit can u post it thxs the vcs2 kit
You can find the instruction sheet HERE! Scroll down to Miscellaneous and it will be under Team Associated VCS2 Bladder Shock Kit.

Jsaves: I haven't driven mine on carpet yet...just on asphalt. From what the Team Drivers say, it locks the rear end in better, allowing you to make the car more aggressive without being TOO aggressive. I'll probably be running it at both the ROAR Carpet and Asphalt Nats this year.
Old 01-27-2006, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TPhalen
You can find the instruction sheet HERE! Scroll down to Miscellaneous and it will be under Team Associated VCS2 Bladder Shock Kit.

Jsaves: I haven't driven mine on carpet yet...just on asphalt. From what the Team Drivers say, it locks the rear end in better, allowing you to make the car more aggressive without being TOO aggressive. I'll probably be running it at both the ROAR Carpet and Asphalt Nats this year.

ROADTRIPS!!!!! Oh Yea!
Old 01-27-2006, 06:59 PM
Tech Addict

Default Thanks

Thanks Tony for the reply.
Are the team drivers going to use the new chassis, spine and or top plate at the Snowbirds?

Thanks
God Bless
Old 01-27-2006, 08:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default New Chassis

Tony,just to make sure I'm clear on this.Are you speaking of carpet racing with rubbers or foam?If rubber,has anyone tried it,or any thoughts on using it for foams on carpet?Thanks,Mario.
Old 01-28-2006, 05:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey guys
just raced my tc4 factory team for the first time tonight
i love the car i dont know why some people bag it.I think associated are a great company i love there products ill be sticking with them!
The only dramas i have are the battery falling out which was probably my fault(it happened twice)
and also the first few laps its not handling very predictible. But i had the same problem with my tc3 so its my setup by the way we race on rubber tires on bitumen indoors.
once the tires warm up its handles great.Ive got all the stand offs and the spine out of the car.with the stock carbon fibre chassis
If anyone can help me with these problems i would really appreciate it
cheers chris
Old 01-28-2006, 05:49 AM
Tech Adept

Juho Levanen used it at the DHI Cup 2 weeks ago and he qualified 6 in the A main
Old 01-28-2006, 10:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I only have one complaint about the FT TC4 so far... steering slop. When setting ones toe it can take an extra minute to make sure its good with all that slop. Anyone have any fixes for this?
Old 01-28-2006, 10:14 AM
Tech Master

So now that I found what I'm looking for via search (swear I couldn't find anything 2 minutes ago...), it talks about shimming the rack. Is that a matter of just putting some axle shims between the hex bushing, rack, and the chassis? Do better ball cups help? (still running the stock AE ones)
Old 01-28-2006, 10:20 AM
Tech Addict

What surface and what tires was Juho on?
My interest is carpet and foams.

Mario, thanks for asking the question better than I did.

God Bless
Old 01-28-2006, 10:49 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by crusty
Hey guys
just raced my tc4 factory team for the first time tonight
i love the car i dont know why some people bag it.I think associated are a great company i love there products ill be sticking with them!
The only dramas i have are the battery falling out which was probably my fault(it happened twice)
and also the first few laps its not handling very predictible. But i had the same problem with my tc3 so its my setup by the way we race on rubber tires on bitumen indoors.
once the tires warm up its handles great.Ive got all the stand offs and the spine out of the car.with the stock carbon fibre chassis
If anyone can help me with these problems i would really appreciate it
cheers chris
Glad you liked it. Make sure you've filed the battery slots so the cells sit actually in the chassis, not rest on top. If you do this and use good quality battery tape (the Xenon stuff is best) you shouldn't have any problems.

Most racers are using thicker shock oil in the front to try and calm the car I think. It's something I'm going to be trying over the next few meetings. Being able to adjust the chassis stiffness is one of the best things about this car. Where I race the track grip comes up all through the meeting, from being a little slidy at the start to giving grip roll problems. By removing the standoffs and spine I can easily get a bit more grip at the start of a meeting and gradually stiffen the chassis throughout.
Old 01-28-2006, 10:53 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by XMSRacing
So now that I found what I'm looking for via search (swear I couldn't find anything 2 minutes ago...), it talks about shimming the rack. Is that a matter of just putting some axle shims between the hex bushing, rack, and the chassis? Do better ball cups help? (still running the stock AE ones)
Putting input shims on the bellcrank axle helps. This reduced my steering slop, but I've had trouble sorting out the slop in the plastic bar which goes sideways across the ends of the bellcranks. This pivots up and down because the bushing round the screws is very slightly larger than the hole in the plastic part.
Old 01-28-2006, 11:01 AM
Tech Master

Thanks for the ideas. When I get home I'll have to stare at it for a bit and see what I can come up with.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.