Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

I watched the schumacher guys tear it up today at superior, and got to run my mi2 for the first time as well. It was a great time and I love how well the car handled, so smooth and the car never felt like it was going to spin out, unlike my old xray Oh yeah everyone I've talked to that runs schumacher has been super cool---thanx to MarcosJ for selling me a fast motor for super cheap! The only thing that held me back was alot of radio glitch, guess I need to put the receiver on top of the servo for next time...
Old 12-04-2005, 07:42 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nf_ekt
I watched the schumacher guys tear it up today at superior, and got to run my mi2 for the first time as well. It was a great time and I love how well the car handled, so smooth and the car never felt like it was going to spin out, unlike my old xray Oh yeah everyone I've talked to that runs schumacher has been super cool---thanx to MarcosJ for selling me a fast motor for super cheap! The only thing that held me back was alot of radio glitch, guess I need to put the receiver on top of the servo for next time...
it was alot of fun today !! and you are welcome for the motor, but you might want to thank JoeB ,he is the master teaking motors

see you next month!
Old 12-04-2005, 08:06 PM
Tech Master

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have had success putting the receiver on it's side,if you haven't tried that see if it works.

Rod
Old 12-04-2005, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RKeasler
I have had success putting the receiver on it's side,if you haven't tried that see if it works.

Rod
Same here. That alone took care of any glitching that I was getting.
Old 12-04-2005, 08:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I've also use two layers of tape with a piece of lexan btween them under the receiver to help insulate it from the chassis.
Old 12-04-2005, 08:22 PM
Tech Master

Anybody seen any stray ECs laying around?!!!
Old 12-04-2005, 10:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

i am about to sell my other car and get the new schuie. i race stock/rubber/carpet so i was leaning towards the carpet version. what do you guys think? it will be my first purple car also.
Old 12-04-2005, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RKeasler

Rod
thanx i will give it a try-- it was frustrating to watch my car unexpectedly steer itself directly into the pipe when i was about to take 2nd place on a side note the guy that took 2nd in that race was also driving a mi2 for the first time, and like myself had nothing but good thing to say about it---- i cant help but think that the mi2 is going to become increasingly more popular in the near future....
Old 12-04-2005, 10:30 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

thanx i will give it a try-- it was frustrating to watch my car unexpectedly steer itself directly into the pipe when i was about to take 2nd place on a side note the guy that took 2nd in that race was also driving a mi2 for the first time, and like myself had nothing but good thing to say about it---- i cant help but think that the mi2 is going to become increasingly more popular in the near future....

ygpm
Old 12-04-2005, 10:48 PM
Tech Champion

Glitching is the most frustrating problem to have. There are so many things that could be causing it, it can be very destructive, and it's so unpredictable usually. It's hard to drive well and consistent when you're not confidant in knowing your car is going to do what you want it to do and when you want it to do it. I used to have a lot of glitch issues when I ran 75 band a couple years ago. Since I've switched to 27 band, I've maybe had 2 or 3 glitches in the last two years that weren't from someone else with a radio on. Even at the Tamiya track which is famous for glitching on the back short straights when you're right up next to the fence. With 75 band, every lap, the car would try to turn right when I'd even tap the brakes. I switched to 27, problem solved.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:04 AM
Tech Master

Default betteries

i know this isnt the place but u guys seem toknow a fair bit bout batteries heres my prob
the ambient temp is in the 30.c about 33 and i went to charge my gp3700 and they hit 48.c and my charger cut out due to temp cut out i was wondering since it is so hot shout i be using a fan ?? its just ive been told never to use a fan but my batteries arnt peaking before the hit 49.c any ideas???
Old 12-05-2005, 06:27 AM
Tech Champion

What charger do you have and how are you charging them? What charge rate, delta peak, etc... Batteries should never be force cooled. It can shorten their life considerably.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by aus jd 2703
i know this isnt the place but u guys seem toknow a fair bit bout batteries heres my prob
the ambient temp is in the 30.c about 33 and i went to charge my gp3700 and they hit 48.c and my charger cut out due to temp cut out i was wondering since it is so hot shout i be using a fan ?? its just ive been told never to use a fan but my batteries arnt peaking before the hit 49.c any ideas???
The batteries aren't that hot at 48.0c so is the charger that is actually getting too hot? I have never had that problem but maybe the batteries are fine and the charger itself is overheating? Hard to say without knowing what you have your delta peak set at. There are some serious battery experts on this forum try this question with specifics on one of those. (Express, Axxis, ProMatch) for example.

Rod
Old 12-05-2005, 08:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I will see if I can help you out a little...First off what kind of Charger? What amperage are you charging at? What is the dropback set at? Typically for 3700's I charge at 7 amps for stock and 6 for mod. I monitor the temp of the pack and pull it off around 140deg F....not sure what that is in Celsius, and adjust my dropback accordingly. Usually my packs will take about 3400 Mah, which is very low actually but that's because I have abused them. Good 3700's will easily hit over 4000mah when charged all the way and still only be the same temp. The man to ask is Jon Williams(Team Express) or Danny Sullivan (SMC Racing). I think they are two of the most knowledgable battery guys around.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
I will see if I can help you out a little...First off what kind of Charger? What amperage are you charging at? What is the dropback set at? Typically for 3700's I charge at 7 amps for stock and 6 for mod. I monitor the temp of the pack and pull it off around 140deg F....not sure what that is in Celsius, and adjust my dropback accordingly. Usually my packs will take about 3400 Mah, which is very low actually but that's because I have abused them. Good 3700's will easily hit over 4000mah when charged all the way and still only be the same temp. The man to ask is Jon Williams(Team Express) or Danny Sullivan (SMC Racing). I think they are two of the most knowledgable battery guys around.
I think 140F would be about 60C

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.