Well Shawn it was your lucky day,

I was testing the V3.0_110211 and V3.0_110213

Both had very same bug,

i am testing all without Drag Brake, to prevent The temp, raise during Brake,
and to look at performance,
and all set with Forward/Reverse/Brake Function,

i was testing the Brake,
and both bug is, after Braking twice (2 times reverse throotle), it reverse,

our conclusion is that the Firmware did not detect the rotation during the 2nd reversed (while the car still moving Forward).

and what supposed to happen is, esc should detect zero rotation first, or very low rotation, and then reverse rotation.

But this one did not detect Rotation after twice reversed throotle.
That bug is also present in v119. I told Cobra about reintroducing the reverse delay, because if you run sensorless the ESC can't know if the motor is stopped. With sensors it should monitor the rotation, but even with that, I think that a delay is better than accidentally braking twice when stopped and entering reverse.

Cobra told that Michael was going to fix this in a new release after 119, but I see that is not fixed yet. Will it be in the next release? Hopefully not...
Old 03-24-2011, 10:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by irgo

Both had very same bug,

i was testing the Brake,

our conclusion is that the Firmware did not detect the rotation during the 2nd reversed (while the car still moving Forward).

and what supposed to happen is, esc should detect zero rotation first, or very low rotation, and then reverse rotation.

Have this ever been any different with any firmware version?
I had an issue with this as reverse is very nice to have when you are practicing.
I think i took it up in some ideathread or maybe via PM or something a long time ago.

I don't think it got adressed and i have since stopped using reverse unfortunately.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Both had very same bug,

i was testing the Brake,

I have to say 2 things. #1. OUCH! That could wreck a drive train quickly!
#2. Real racers dont use reverse.

Seriously though, that is definately a bad bug that should be corrected. Did you notice any bugs with just Forward/Brake mode set?
Old 03-24-2011, 10:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

you are correct shawn,
but long time ago, i run novak (that old one now) ,
it just work, the Brushless esc had reverse, but never reverse, unless the
rotor is fully stopped.

this is they (Novak) said they have rotor detection not just for locked rotor detection.

i think i just found bug as i am not using Forward/Reverse ( Rock Crawler Mode)

i am using Touring Mode (Forward/Brake/Reverse),

so, true the Hobbywing brake/Reverse Logic's is dangerous.

i was just telling the fact, to help Hobbywing Improved.

And For Gusi, i am with you about any Truth.
May Force be with Hobbywing.
Good Luck.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:23 PM
AI
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by TryHard
I'll be there for sure this weekend, most likely on 星期天, but possibly 星期六 as well.
I have my MMH 4.5t loaded in the car, and will run similar to the above.
FDR: 8.8
DDRS:5
TURBO:12
TURBO SLOPE:12/0.1
TURBO DELAY:0.4
BOOST:OFF

Thats what I was running the last time I ran mod at TRS... prior to the chassis breaking crash!
I'm sure we'll be able to compare.. although will no doubt I will be struggling to keep up!
Hi, Ed
I will run 9.5T in mod class this weekend, only for fun, do more test for april race 9.5T class
I wish you get good results, weather is not rain, we don't need to fight with the rain
Old 03-24-2011, 12:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Looking for the Best Settings for the HW Extreme Stock ???????

Anyone Got a Good Setup for 21.5 HW Motors Please ?

Thanks

I have tried most setings up down and back again But I still can't find what seems to be the all singing all dancing settings ..........

I Can't seem to get it to go geared below a FDR of 5.1 !! I have read people run them at closer to 3.5 ??? How do you acheave this without loosing all Punch out of the corners ???

Any Help would be great thanks
Old 03-24-2011, 02:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default File downloads

Hi just a note to say that my hosted files including all my you tube stuff will be coming down at Midnight UK time.

Thank you to all the friends I have made on this thread, those friends that need anything from me you have my personal email address, will not be replying to any more PM's on here.

It's been a pleasure (most of the time) but it's time to call a day on my participation on this thread.

Hopefully the technical expertise of Irgo et al will suffice for your future needs.

Happy Hobbywinging.

Cherry
xx
Old 03-24-2011, 02:35 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by cuttingedge
Looking for the Best Settings for the HW Extreme Stock ???????

Anyone Got a Good Setup for 21.5 HW Motors Please ?

Thanks

I have tried most setings up down and back again But I still can't find what seems to be the all singing all dancing settings ..........

I Can't seem to get it to go geared below a FDR of 5.1 !! I have read people run them at closer to 3.5 ??? How do you acheave this without loosing all Punch out of the corners ???

Any Help would be great thanks
With these new speedos and brushless motors, you can gear up really high and still get lots of punch out of the corners because of all the torque the motors make. If your FDR is too high , then you are not taking advantage of the strengths of a high turn motor, and bypassing its torque range just to use RPM.

What I have been finding is run the gearing where you normally would, add 2-3 teeth, turn the timing down on the motor (15 deg mark for Novak, 0 for others), then use the boost/turbo to regain the high rpm for the straight away. You can then tweak from there using the boost and turbo ramps.

And FDR in the 3.5 range would be right for a 21.5T, Heck I run my 17.5 in the 4.0 range all the time. If you are lacking punch coming out of the corners, you might be bringing the timing in too quick, or to soon. You want to keep the timing low coming out of the corner for the low-end punch.

Sorry I dont have a great 21.5 setup for you, I only have experience with 17.5's and lower (13.5 and 10.5).

Shawn.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:40 PM
Tech Addict

you are correct shawn,
i think i just found bug as i am not using Forward/Reverse ( Rock Crawler Mode)

i am using Touring Mode (Forward/Brake/Reverse),

You actually run Reverse in your touring car? Thats not for competition is it? When we race anywhere in the local (or national), reverse is banned from use, except for the 18R "Fun" Class.

Shawn.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shano83
OMG im so over this crap here who wants to come into a forum and see all this bitching going on.Big deal Angelo has mislead some people but remember they are only human and we all make mistakes.Some people need to build a bridge and get the F^&K over it.Im not coming back to this thread again as im sick and tired of seeing this
Originally Posted by sosidge
Your attitude is absolutely appalling. I would be ashamed to talk to anyone like that, and would never do it in a capacity as a company representative.

Apparently you hadn't read snabbgas' posts. Once again, Angelo/Cobra had posted INCORRECT information, snabbgas had corrected him, and the response of the anglophone Hobbywing reps is to roll out the insults again?

Meanwhile, racers looking for help are being overlooked and having to ask twice.

Thankfully sizheng/Salton is on this thread because he is the only one with a clue.

Oh, and I wish you and Angelo/Cobra would stop making idle threats about quitting the thread because it's such a disappointment when you come back 24hrs later. This thread is so nice without you.
And there is still confusion as to why people are leaving rc in droves... jeez
Old 03-24-2011, 04:16 PM
Tech Adept

Default handbags at dawn...

The foolish arguing is really annoying - and this unfortunately is no help at all - due to the little tiffs genuine questions go un-answered on this thread.

I personally think that the genuine and real weekness with Hobbywing speedo is a lack of driveability and modulation. Tekin overcome this with 'push control' and having tried a friends car - I think hobbywing should try and emulate this
Old 03-24-2011, 04:25 PM
Tech Regular

The 211 software rules, far better then any tekin.....
Try the lowest braking possible braking setting in the speedo..!!
And max. on the transmitter.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Shawn68z
You actually run Reverse in your touring car? Thats not for competition is it? When we race anywhere in the local (or national), reverse is banned from use, except for the 18R "Fun" Class.

Shawn.
Shawn, i know you know better,...

but bug is a bug.
think again why design Forward/Brake/Reversed Function ?
once again i said The Bug Must be Fixed For those Function.

If Drivers like Gusi found this bug, Hobbywing must Fixed it.
Shawn you are Great, thank's.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by snabbgas
Give it a rest Cobra!!!
Stop trying to play such a victim here!!!

I tried to share my knowledge about the motorwinding amongst other things.
(and this was the second time you where out on the same limb on the exact same subject...)

I asked you a whole bunch of valid questions when you ran you salespitch bla bla in some Lipo C battery thread about your ProAmps batteries but you didn't answer a single one.

In the same thread a guy accused you of having ripped him off. You didn't comment on that either so to be frank i'm quite tired of your whining!!!
We are also tired of your whining so please offer your knowledge of please leave the thread .
Old 03-24-2011, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

We have been invited by mike to join radiocontrolforums which is like rc tech .we will be starting a tech support thread there and it will be our own .Everyone is invited but i have been warned that the owner doesnt want it to turn out like rc tech and rcu etc with all the arguments and he is very selective on who he will select to have there own threads .

I wish to appoint a moderator as i will not do it as of conflict of interest and im sure if posts are deleted i will be blamed for it so i wish not to moderate .

Please if anyone is interested please send me an email at [email protected] any one can apply snabbgas,irgo,cherry,shawn and i mean anyone .

we will still be on rc tech but we have no control on what happens here this way an outsider can decide if the info posted by anyone on radiocontrolforums is informative or destructive.

ok thanks guys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.