Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree649Likes

Team Associated B6 & B6D thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 06-07-2017, 10:46 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated B6 & B6D thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Welcome to the B6 Wiki!

Quick links to all the sections on the first page!

Frequently asked questions - the most common questions you may have answered here!

Aftermarket Parts - parts for the B6 and B6D

Tech Tutorials- tuning guides, ball diff and shock building videos and tutorials

How to's and build-specific posts

Team Associated Laydown transmission conversion for B6D:
Laydown conversion

Instruction Manuals:

B6: B6 Manual and setup sheets

B6D: B6D Manual and setup sheets

How to Sand and Seal carbon fiber:
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 2
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 3
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 4

Charts for Quick reference:

1) put inner bearing in hub
2) slide large shim over axle all the way up to the back of the axle
3) slide axle/bone into hub carrier
4) slide small shim onto axle through hub carrier
5) push outter bearing into hub carrier

using that i'm able to put my normal male silverback gorilla wheel nut tightening job and there's no binding. in the pictures that come with the shims (the pic socket posted) it seems like they want you to slide both shims onto the axle before sliding the axle into the hub carrier and like i said, that doesn't work.

I've traditionally done the diff screw head on the left side (driver's side), but have since switched to the Right side (passenger side) regardless of transmission type (3 gear RM vs 3 gear MM and 4 gear MM).

Kdub (Kurt Wenger, former AE designer) had this to say on the matter:

Originally Posted by kdub
I think I count as an authority on the matter. I always run my diff screw on the right side (when sitting "inside" the car). I take off the tire and pull the outer hinge pin to get to the adjustment screw.

The right rear is the way the AE manuals state (or used to state). It really shouldn't matter since you go around turns both left and right.
B6D 3-gear:

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 03:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Might have missed it but are B5m bodies compatible with the B6?
Old 05-01-2016, 04:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
Someone did post that they won't fit. From the way I see it the rear of the body would cause the fit issues just going by a quick look at the pics
Old 05-01-2016, 06:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
I would think the sides of the B6/B6D would be a little higher than the B5M due to the new battery strap and nuts. Personally, the new body looks awesome. Hopefully they release it before the kit so we can get them painted up.
Old 05-01-2016, 07:00 PM
Tech Rookie

I am curious if you could run a ball diff in the B6 if you wanted, instead of the gear diff? And what about the MIP Pucks Bi-Metal R-CVD for 17.5, would the same ones for the B5M work?

Last edited by Zephus; 05-01-2016 at 07:31 PM.
Old 05-01-2016, 07:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zephus
I am curious if you could run a ball diff in the B6 if you wanted, instead of the gear diff.
Yes. Either will fit in either car
Old 05-01-2016, 07:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Anyone know if the B5M front (brass) bulk head will fit this car?

And was that a slipper eliminator I saw on the EOS pics on this thread?

Cheers
Old 05-01-2016, 08:26 PM
Tech Regular

I still can't believe AE did this such a short time after such a successful B5 platform just a couple short years after release!
Besides money of course, does anyone have a good theory/reason why they would do this? I know the biggest reason like everything else is for more money but I know a lot of you follow this much more than me
Old 05-01-2016, 08:37 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slashn77
Besides money of course, does anyone have a good theory/reason why they would do this?
Market competition. It's easy to think "money" and that's certainly part if it, but if your product underperforms in the marketplace, you suffer and your dedicated dealers suffer. They must've seen a big change because they're working through B5r's still ("limited" edition with "m" conversion), which means they over forecasted that platform.

The run the B4 & xxx had were an exception, not the rule. It's easy to be caught behind the 8-ball after a run like that.
Old 05-01-2016, 09:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Davidka
Market competition. It's easy to think "money" and that's certainly part if it, but if your product underperforms in the marketplace, you suffer and your dedicated dealers suffer. They must've seen a big change because they're working through B5r's still ("limited" edition with "m" conversion), which means they over forecasted that platform.

The run the B4 & xxx had were an exception, not the rule. It's easy to be caught behind the 8-ball after a run like that.
+1

They could of called it B5.1C and B5.1M, they could call it what ever they want. B6 is the marketing side. But overall names aside, the car looks better.

B6D is my B5m replacemeant, B6 is new sugar track car. Only thing for me are the ball cups. I have not popped one ball cup in two years and love it. Broke a handful of parts I could count on two hands. Next three months are going to be fun seeing the factory changes and any weak points.

Can't wait to put together and hit track.
Old 05-01-2016, 09:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Thank you for the coupon

Originally Posted by Silverstonev8
$45 coupon 011NE =264.99
Thank you for the coupon tip.
Old 05-01-2016, 11:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 220 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nat Maniac

Cheers
The B6 and B6D have a new front bulkhead design so neither the aluminum or brass front bulkhead from the B5 and B5M work
Old 05-01-2016, 11:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 220 (100%+)

At a glance the B5m and B6 may look the same but they are different in many ways. The front spindles don't work on the B5M Bc the geometry is changed to match the new steering setup. The rear shock bodies are also 27.5 now instead of 31. And the bodies from the B5M series do not work with the B6 or B6D without cutting and bending. I'd imagine the manual and parts listing will be available in the next week or 2.
Old 05-02-2016, 03:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nat Maniac

Cheers
Did you watch the promotional video from AE? Kody explains why they went with a new car. Slipper, ball diff, rear axles and shocks are the same, everything else is pretty much new.
Old 05-02-2016, 07:28 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

I still can't believe AE did this such a short time after such a successful B5 platform just a couple short years after release!
Besides money of course, does anyone have a good theory/reason why they would do this? I know the biggest reason like everything else is for more money but I know a lot of you follow this much more than me
Kody made a comment that sums this up. He didnt want the laydown to feel like an after thought, which of course it was. They learned a lot from the worlds protype car, and instead of remolding the b5m for the laydown, they decided to take what they learned and make a new car. They probably figured that they would be changing so many parts to make the laydown car, that they might as well make the b6 and update a few more things like the front spindles and the battery strap. Now they could have just made the carpet car...but why have 2 2wd cars using completely different parts? And why limit innovation, but trying to reuse as many old parts as possible. The B5M was their first shot at a MM car. And they probably learned quickly what they liked and didnt like.

The main thing I dislike about the new car is the CF towers. I personally have sanding and sealing cf. And they still break and cost a ton to replace. I thought the composite front towers were fine. That being said, AE is offering a lot of car for $309. After coupon codes from tower, this car will be very affordable and lots to be a good car (EOS results). I look forward to seeing it as the JC stock nats. Indoor clay and 17.5 motors.

**** Also, why is there still no OEM fan mount, lol. Surely there must be enough 17.5 drivers to design one.
Old 05-02-2016, 08:15 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

They needed a carpet car and were unwilling to compromise when it came to making the B5m "work" on carpet by releasing option parts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.