Search
Like Tree16Likes

Serpent S411

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 02:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
The last time I ran into a weird tweak issue like that, I also thought it was caused by the upper bulkhead/shock tower. I finally got the car flat by having the shock towers on, the upper bulkheads secured properly and had the top plate on the car as well. Then I loosened the bottom chassis 2 screws on the lower bulkhead on the side that was on the low side, the car almost poped into place and I haven't had a issue since. I really though the problem was coming from up top, but it wasn't. This may be your issue as well. My 2.0 is very flat and tweak free.
Originally Posted by TryHard
Hmmm, my car tweaks up perfect on my MIP tweak station, shocks all equal l-r.
When your putting the towers on, make sure to tighten up the countersinks first, before tightening down the clamp tops. Also worth loosening and retightening all the bottom screws as Gary mentions.
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I got the tweak out after about 2 hours of messing around. I think it was a combination of not doing up the shock towers as described and a tweak in the motor mount when I changed from flex to stiff. I also found my sway bars were not 100% either so it's been a good exercise in being more thorough with a new car.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Any info how was Fischer doing on the TITC 2013?
Old 02-25-2013, 08:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The S411 RTR and S411 Sport are the same correct? How are the Dragon components?
Old 02-25-2013, 10:12 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Geberit
Any info how was Fischer doing on the TITC 2013?
Finshed now, but I'm not sure. I would like to know too.

I think he qualified 10th in B main. And another Serpent driver Ryan Maker also in the B.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:30 PM
Tech Champion

Fischer came in 10th or 9th in the B I think, but I know Ryan qualified 14th, and had two very good finals to take out the B main win, ahead of guys like Hagberg. Very good result, given the depth of the field this year (Tam, Xray, Yokomo, HB all had v.strong teams).

Ed
Old 02-25-2013, 10:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have questions regarding the different diffs and the "compatibility"

How do I see the difference between the "old" V1 and V2 diffs? Is the "old" V2 housing the same as V2 composite. Can I use the smaller composite gears in the old V2 together with the metal bigger gears?

Maybe there is something in the older threads but I did not find it.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Linguster
I have questions regarding the different diffs and the "compatibility"

How do I see the difference between the "old" V1 and V2 diffs? Is the "old" V2 housing the same as V2 composite. Can I use the smaller composite gears in the old V2 together with the metal bigger gears? yes

Maybe there is something in the older threads but I did not find it.
The difference between V1 and V2 diffs is the satellite gears have changed pin diameter and gear shape and are not interchangeable. You can fit the smaller diameter V2 gears in a V1 diff but it makes a mess quickly. There have been changes in the gears between the V2 and composite diff but the satellite gears are interchangeable. The larger gears have stayed the same size but are attached via a pin slot now instead of a screw. Avoid buying any of the cheap diffs most shops are clearing out currently. Only invest in p/n http://serpent.com/product/401592/
Old 02-26-2013, 04:26 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Benzaah
Only invest in p/n 401592
I was pleasantly surprised that these new diff were less than $25 for the complete diff, so much cheaper than the old one. I bought two so I can easily compare changes by swapping the diff out, as well as one for the front.

At least from the shop I bought from....... not sure about the others.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by performula
The S411 RTR and S411 Sport are the same correct? How are the Dragon components?
The Sport kit had the plastic shocks. the RTR have alu shocks in the kits we ordered...

Mustafa Won the race in Cyprus using a Sport in Stock class as the Eryx was not in yet. He actually beat the times in Mod with it as well.

We will do a test soon to see how the dragon rc stuff works. I do not think there will be any issues.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:48 AM
Tech Champion

What... page 3?!?!?!
Old 03-01-2013, 03:30 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

OEM is Hobbywing, take your conclusion from there.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M7H
OEM is Hobbywing, take your conclusion from there.
it works LOL
Old 03-01-2013, 04:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TryHard
What... page 3?!?!?!
The indoor season is ending here in middle Europe. Outdoor season starts around April depends on weather … at the moment we have still snow and low temperatures. So not much racing here.

ETS Gran Canarias started today hope the Serpent Team does well:

http://teamserpent.com/2013/03/spain...tc-110-and-f1/

Got my ERXY this week, will prepare it for the outdoor season. Maybe end of March my firs outing if I’m lucky.

Now I’m very interested how the car will perform on low to medium bite tarmac.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:09 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Toughbeard
it works LOL
indeed, and that's all there is.
The RX/TX set is nice actually, ran it once indoor, to answer some questions there were about the car.
Although it is a sensorless set, it drives quiet nice.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:38 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Geberit
The indoor season is ending here in middle Europe. Outdoor season starts around April depends on weather … at the moment we have still snow and low temperatures. So not much racing here.

ETS Gran Canarias started today hope the Serpent Team does well:

http://teamserpent.com/2013/03/spain...tc-110-and-f1/

Got my ERXY this week, will prepare it for the outdoor season. Maybe end of March my firs outing if I’m lucky.

Now I’m very interested how the car will perform on low to medium bite tarmac.
Well, we're meant to be in the middle of summer here in Australia at the moment... and I haven't raced in almost a month due to it mainly having been raining every weekend!! Typical, eh!

Still, very interested to see how the ETS turns out, with the new car on a more normal traction surface (TITC always tends to throw up some crazy settings!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.