Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree16Likes

Serpent S411

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 04:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

anyone know what the difference is between the mr33 wing and the regular protoform wings?
Old 04-06-2013, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

does everyone with a eryx have these issues? did you correct them or run the car with the slop? not sure if the slop is needed since the chassis will flex more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McIW347b68A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auKaYZqOW-M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ASZzb_qf5w
Old 04-06-2013, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LOW ET
does everyone with a eryx have these issues? did you correct them or run the car with the slop? not sure if the slop is needed since the chassis will flex more.

i ran my ERYX out of the box with slop. didnt effect the car at all, no problems with belts or spurs.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Ditto

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
i ran my ERYX out of the box with slop. didnt effect the car at all, no problems with belts or spurs.
put on it on the track......the spur maybe but as for the diff id rather extra clearance than over to tight
Old 04-07-2013, 12:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

On the Diff bearings, I've just left it, doesn't really harm the car.
For the spur, I've used two 0.2mm shims to take up the play. I prefer to take this up, as it keeps the spur running true. If you put them both on the motor side, also makes a little extra space to slide in a 1.5mm driver to get to the pinion grub screw

HiH
Ed
Old 04-07-2013, 02:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Today I tried some different spurs for blinky and when I put the layshaft from my old car in the new one that slop disappeared. I have not measured it but i think that part has had a change. I have run my diffs loose like that the whole time also.
Old 04-07-2013, 03:50 AM
Tech Champion

Had a good day at the track today, concentrated on getting testing out different shocks and a few other bits.

During the day, track evolved quite strangely... a couple of rain showers didn't really help, but having had low grip in the first final, the second leg was really over gripped!

Have to say, having struggled with the car last time out, today was much better.
The four hole pistons have done exactly what I wanted, and made the car much more settled, especially over bumps, and with the thicker oil, kept similar, if not improved, damper control.
Kept the 550wt oil in the shocks for the day, ran out of time trying to switch to the 500wt, so will keep that on the list for next time... still better than the 3hole/450wt though!

Ran through a few spring changes again... liked the Ride greens in the lower grip, but blues were deff faster when the grip came up (duh!). Moved the rear shocks out one hole initially on the greens, but ended up going back to hole 2 after changing the rear diff oil.
As for the diff.. I ended up having an issue struggling to get the inital throttle on in a couple of corners, so dropped from 3k to 2k, which helped with this issue, and again made the car easier to drive in the lower traction.

Last thing I tested was front blocks, going back to the 2.0/1.5 combo that I used before on the TE. Initially, I kept the same wheelbase on the front. Now, putting the sweep on shortens the front wheelbase, simply due to the angle of the arms. This has the effect of putting weight over the front... which, from previous experience, takes away steering. Suprise suprise, whilst I did fell that the mid corner/exit was better with the sweep, getting the car initially turned was a struggle.
So next run I lengthened the front (only by 0.5mm mind), to compensate for the reduction caused by the sweep. This did gain back some of the steering I was after, but by that time the track had done it's switch-a-roo, so confirming anything was tricky.

Still, very happy with the car, roll on next week
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
EC-Logan-07Apr13.pdf (233.5 KB, 126 views)
Old 04-07-2013, 06:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

It's annoying that default set up says 7mm downstop in the front. It's way too much so that I never can achieve 5mm right height!!!
Old 04-07-2013, 09:27 AM
Tech Master

Just completed the build. Man it took me 2 weeks to finish because of the stupid shock shaft missing. Anyway two questions for you guys,
1. The car seems severely tweaked when checked with HUDY tweak station. Is that possibly due to the ball stud and link too tight? I asked the ball link question before but I didn't pile it down because.. it's pain in the ass!! I hope that it would wear as the car runs. Any can you think of any reason of tweak?
Old 04-07-2013, 09:30 AM
Tech Master

Where do I get the MOD 0 firmware for Speedpassion reventon Pro?? I need to but booster but the default is MOD 1 which doesn't reverse nor add turbo. I know this is not Serpent question but since I'm trying to Eryx going..
Old 04-07-2013, 11:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by snuvet75
Just completed the build. Man it took me 2 weeks to finish because of the stupid shock shaft missing. Anyway two questions for you guys,
1. The car seems severely tweaked when checked with HUDY tweak station. Is that possibly due to the ball stud and link too tight? I asked the ball link question before but I didn't pile it down because.. it's pain in the ass!! I hope that it would wear as the car runs. Any can you think of any reason of tweak?
Tweak probably comes from the ball studs binding since they are very tight. I solve this by slightly squeezing the plastic caps with pliers till they loosen up. Be careful not to over do it! Just go little by little till they free up.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

I ran my Eryx for the first time in our parking lot track today. I built and set her up based on the manual and default set up sheet except the front downstops.
The car ran fantastically!!! I have had Xray T3 '10. By comparison, this car doesn't need the TLC that I had for T3 and default set up just works. With T3, I have fought so much of understeering at the corner and leaky shocks. Eryx don't need either. I just love it so much that I want to get 2nd car. But I really have to stop.... I got 5 cars for the last 3 months... Grrrrrrrr........
Track: Metrolink parking lot in SoCal
Traction: Low to medium
Type: Asphalt. Long sweeper and some technical chicanes
Ride height: 5mm F, 5.2mm R
Downstops: 6mm F, 5mm R
Camber: 2 all around
Toe: 0.5 Toe out F, 3 Toe in R

Last edited by snuvet75; 04-07-2013 at 08:21 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:52 AM
Tech Champion

anyone know what the difference is between the mr33 wing and the regular protoform wings?
MR33 / Ride wings are thicker lexan, so are much stiffer, even than a standard weight Protoform... and the lwt Proto's are only really good for the bin they are so floppy.

HiH
Ed
Old 04-08-2013, 01:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Ed one question about Ride springs. On the new ERXY I would like to use Blue and Green springs but in the front I can't set ride height lower then 5.5mm!? Every thing is assembled correctly!

Thanks
Old 04-08-2013, 01:45 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Geberit
Hi Ed one question about Ride springs. On the new ERXY I would like to use Blue and Green springs but in the front I can't set ride height lower then 5.5mm!? Every thing is assembled correctly!

Thanks
Really? Thats strange.. I can get the car happily low enough with them, even less than 5mm.
How much droop do you have in the front? Are you sure that the shocks are long enough and not limiting the height?

EDIT - just checked my car, I've got 2 full turns on the adjustment coller to get to 5mm front height with the blues, on MuchMore tyres. Thats using outer hole on the arm, hole 4 on the tower, 11mm shock length (as per the manual directions), and 5 on the droop gauge. Even going to 6 it doesn't limit the height.

Last edited by TryHard; 04-08-2013 at 02:13 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.