Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 11:20 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
The setup I just posted is foam tires with the BMI chassis. Try it. It should be close
Hi Question
do you mount the all top deck posts front and rear to main chassis? ( more stiffer)
Old 01-10-2006, 11:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

The BMI doesnt have a spine like the Factory Team kit does.
Old 01-10-2006, 11:29 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

The BMI doesnt have a spine like the Factory Team kit does.
Do I really needs the top Teamfactory top deck?
Old 01-10-2006, 11:32 AM
Tech Champion

No just get the BMI kit and it comes with the appropriate top deck. The spine setup was something that AE copied from IRS. A few of my friends were testing it before the FT car was even talked about last winter. Its a nice option but not needed or usable with the BMI They do not match up.
Old 01-10-2006, 11:39 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

No just get the BMI kit and it comes with the appropriate top deck. The spine setup was something that AE copied from IRS. A few of my friends were testing it before the FT car was even talked about last winter. Its a nice option but not needed or usable with the BMI They do not match up.
Thanks dude
Old 01-10-2006, 02:15 PM
Tech Adept

Keep us posted on what you find with other cars DaveW and Bob. I'd be interested to know how the car actually compares when driven by two experienced racers who aren't just going to copy a factory setup and run it like that forever. I'm happy with the TC4FT for now - I know its plenty good enough to move me up to the next level in racing. Its so easy to get paranoid when you bought the car in mid-november, couldn't build it till christmas (to run in January) and so many people are giving up with the car. Now I've run the car I know its good enough for me. I spent weeks feeling depressed on and off that I'd got a BS car and my money was wasted.
Old 01-10-2006, 04:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ralph_c
Keep us posted on what you find with other cars DaveW and Bob. I'd be interested to know how the car actually compares when driven by two experienced racers who aren't just going to copy a factory setup and run it like that forever. I'm happy with the TC4FT for now - I know its plenty good enough to move me up to the next level in racing. Its so easy to get paranoid when you bought the car in mid-november, couldn't build it till christmas (to run in January) and so many people are giving up with the car. Now I've run the car I know its good enough for me. I spent weeks feeling depressed on and off that I'd got a BS car and my money was wasted.
dont change your mind just because other people dont like the car...its your opinion, my opinion is its the best car out...
Old 01-10-2006, 05:18 PM
Tech Champion

I will definitely keep stopping in here and helping out where I can. I decided to run the TC4 as something different from my Schumacher. Paul and Adrian have always been really good to me and with the new car out I want to give it a run. The TC4 is a great car. I won't take anything away from it. Who knows...I may even end up back with another some day. For now I have to say I am focusing on the MI2EC.
Old 01-10-2006, 05:29 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I will definitely keep stopping in here and helping out where I can. I decided to run the TC4 as something different from my Schumacher. Paul and Adrian have always been really good to me and with the new car out I want to give it a run. The TC4 is a great car. I won't take anything away from it. Who knows...I may even end up back with another some day. For now I have to say I am focusing on the MI2EC.
Wish I could say that!!!!!!!!!!!!! WIsh Robin was back and thats all im saying about it. Bob you know the deal.

Don't worry about the car as long as you like it and it performs the way you like it. All the top cars work great when setup well. Each driver is different so some cars do fit drivers differently but if the TC4 feels right to you thats what counts. I personally like my TC4 and it is simple but yet has plenty of adjustments. It might not be the best car for every track but it is normally really good at all tracks for me but if not I understand the adjustments enough to get me in the ball park most of the time.

As for pro results in big races I wouldn't worry about that either as it is deceiving sometimes.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

LOL Its funny, i spent 5 hours today... wrenching on my TC4, sans sleep for work. I got the call... i pick up my T2 tomorrow am. I am actually more excited to see if the TC4 will be better Saturday at the track than i am at building the T2. Its often hard to come on here and speak your mind about a product without the fear someone will take it the wrong way, and assume the worst. I always try really hard to be clear with my opinions... and that they are just that... my opinions. Im sorry if i had any effect on that. There are so many things i love about the FT... and even the tub car. Heck to be honest i like the tub car alot more... it has more protection for your expensive electronics and will be less likely to eject a battery in the event of getting hacked. Simple pleasures. But on high bite rug the car just doesnt go as fast as the FT, a solid 2/3 tenths per lap, easy. The FT is a whole'nother ball of wax. It amazing the handling differences of the two cars... and yet they share so many parts. Its inevitable that people are going to shift to a car that can win... its racing. If Ford EVER put out the ultimate chassis for NASCAR... Chevrolet would be SOL. Its the nature of the beast. But i guarantee you that Chevy engineers would be in the lab hellbent on the one-up. Im just hoping AE is doing the same thing.

Bob... that new Schuie looks nice. There is a kid in NC that makes a Schuie look like fire on tha rug. Im sure youll love the new car. Just dont get mad if i get ya on the track with a tub car. LOL j/k Brian... are you still heading to Mimi's the 14th? Good luck if so... youre in for a treat! Deep in FK/T2 land. I dare say youll be the lone shaft car. LOL Take parts. You dont want that long drive home like i had for the Express race. Who the heck doesnt stock AE replacement parts?!? "Well we have FK05 parts... all you need..." Bastards.

- DaveW
Old 01-10-2006, 09:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by OVA
Hi
I'm getting the BMI chassis TC4 tonite .so I'm wondering what si the best set up rubber tires on carpet???? Anybody got one of those BMI chassis on TC4 that want to share their experience ??? Thanks
Franko don't do it I will shoot you a pm.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:54 PM
Tech Master

going to copy a factory setup and run it like that forever.:
The thing I like about the TC4 is I can do my own setup work on the car. I can't setup other cars by feel like I can the TC4. I had my XRay feeling dialed the other day and it was .6 a lap off pace from the starting setup which handled like a bag of ass. If my TC4 feels dialed, I know I'm going fast.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

redundant post...

Last edited by Soviet; 01-11-2006 at 01:36 AM.
Old 01-10-2006, 11:17 PM
Tech Rookie

I finally got my RC10 FT TC4 up & running.

Rick

Old 01-11-2006, 12:56 AM
Tech Addict

in the plan view of your chassis with no body on, what tyres are they?
iam trying to get sum pro-line v-rage tyres and cant find them i borrowed a set for my last race to see what they went like, and i was very impressed. so i want sum now.
if any one knows were i can get them that be great.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.