Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 07:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Wow

FTC4 works awesome. I ran it this last weekend on carpet with a GTB brushless system 5.5 and it rocks. This is a smaller track but the car was fast, fast, and faster. The car was the fastest on the track against some very respectable drivers in my club.
I used Dave W. set up and went from there to get the steering in and push the edge on how hard I could drive into the corners. Wow it rocked.

Dave W. you should have stayed with team AE.

This car shows results every time you make a change. What more can you ask for?

FTC4 Rocks
Old 01-09-2006, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jsaves
FTC4 works awesome. I ran it this last weekend on carpet with a GTB brushless system 5.5 and it rocks. This is a smaller track but the car was fast, fast, and faster. The car was the fastest on the track against some very respectable drivers in my club.
I used Dave W. set up and went from there to get the steering in and push the edge on how hard I could drive into the corners. Wow it rocked.

FTC4 Rocks
.... Glad you like it...

Last edited by Soviet; 01-10-2006 at 05:49 AM.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nmt6789
Does anyone in the U.S carry the 3racing steering rack?
www.rcmadness.com has them in stock
Old 01-09-2006, 11:08 PM
Tech Elite

don't mock him, Soviet. . .we've never questioned the veracity, politics or origins of your name. . . and you've never gone after mine.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:13 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by AM03GT
imr: dunno what sewing machine oil is... but have you cleaned the one-way and tried the silicon grease that comes with the oneway? that is all i use on mine and i've never had a problem... if your thin lube is too slick you maybe slipping your oneway causing unpredictable results... just a thought.

SA_Racer: as someone has suggested already. don't judge the shocks by a visual... judge the shock by its feel on and off the track. i've built 4-5 sets of VCS2 shocks already and ALL of them seem to leak after the first few runs. This is just inherent of the oil that spills over when you put the bladder on. no matter how much you wipe or clean there is going to be oil in the threads of the cap and excess. the first few runs usually make the shock look like its leaking. i deal with it by cleaning them off everytime it looks like it leaked. then i feel them and listen to them. if they are still smooth and consistent, and i can't hear any air, guess what? they are still perfect. since the release of this shock upgrade, i've only had to rebuild one shock which was a no-brainer since i nailed a wall with it basically, and one set because i was trying weird o-rings that didn't seal as well as the stock ones. thats it. i run on avergae 15 packs a week so it's not like these shocks are on a shelf queen.
Thanks for the feedback AM03GT, ill run the shocks again this weekend and see how they go. after last weekend the shocks didnt push out anymore after compressing them but then maybe thats just normal, how do your shock behave after 5 runs, do they still push out all the way or only 1/4 way?
Old 01-10-2006, 06:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

I got so see JSaves run (I was marshalling that heat)...he also did a HECK of a job wheeling it. The car was definitely hooked up as well which I know was just as rewarding as winning since he's been working so hard on the set-up all fall.

Congrats!!

Scottrik
Old 01-10-2006, 06:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jsaves

FTC4 Rocks

I am definitely glad the car works well for you. It makes me happy to know that someone can enjoy this hobby as much as i do... and that i can even be apart of that. My AE roots run long and deep. I still have the car and will be running it. But apparently i need more time with it to find those tenths that keep me on top. When you suddenly get beat by not one but several racers that have minimal experience when compared to the time you may have behind the wheel, and all they did was buy a specific car... you have to ask yourself... what is going on here?? I had gotten so frustrated looking for those tenths that i was actually in the hobby shop with $$$ in hand looking to buy a heli instead of in the pit wrenching on my car for the next qually. Something was wrong. I guess its a point you hit after you have raced for ten years or so... its like a reality that you now have to step it up... the game aint what it used to be. "What? Why cant i use my twist-timed 15 minute charger to charge this 100$ battery?? You mean i actually have to sauce my tires? I HAVE to do motor work EVERY week now?" When your local races are like regional events... you have to pick up your game. So... in what my wife calls "an impulse buy"... as she would be so familiar with those... i purchased the T2. I AM looking forward to knowing if it is me... or the car. If the T2 IS laps faster than my TC4 ever was... then maybe i need to go back to a fresh sheet of paper. Setup is subjective... even current technology effects it, not just shock oil and spring rate. I see myself as an idiot if i dont look through the microscope and see what XRAY is doing... certainly the last generation of the T1 platform was worth a look. But it still wasnt ALL dominant. The T2 looks as if it has stepped up that notch. I wanna SOLID look see. AE has lost Blackstock... one of their premier drivers. He SURE made the T2 look good... and it was his first time behind the wheel with it. For someone to jump ship like that... that usually DOESNT, or wouldnt, you have to ask yourself... why. Yes you can have the continued discussion about business, money, and blah blah blah... but NOONE at that level races to lose. Its why the almighty line "in it to win it" was coined. Im lucky to be in the top 5 locally nowadays. I used to hand out laps weekly. Not tenths... but laps.

Anyways... sorry for the soapbox rant... but i think everyone should be openminded to the new tech hitting the shelves. I NEVER thought i would say that but... there was a time when NOONE would have bought a shaft car. I raised my eyebrow and bought one against all the negative talk of shaft drive. It was new tech at one time... maybe it is now a dinosaur. Dunno... but there is only ONE way to find out.

See you guys at the track...

- DaveW
Old 01-10-2006, 06:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Dave I reached the same point you did. I unloaded my car last night. I am going back to Schumacher. Alot of things weighed in the decision but ultimately I need to know if it was me or the car. I was at a race on Sunday and I had the most power of everyone on the track but I qualified 3rd and my fast lap was a 10.1 while the TQ fast lap was a 9.8...doesnt seem like much but it really is. I drove a few laps with the TQ's FK04...yes thats right an 04, and I was faster than my TC4. That made me decide that it was time to change. TC4 is a great car but it wasnt what I was looking for. I am hoping that the EC is. If it is not then I will also be getting a T2. Schumacher has always been good to me and that was a big part of the decision.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've got a sneaking suspicion that the FT-TC4 is simply better suited to outdoor-type tracks.

It seems the direction the hobby is heading anyhow: Belt indoor, Shaft / belt outdoor.
Old 01-10-2006, 07:01 AM
Tech Champion

Possibly Soviet, but I can tell you hands down that I have never driven a better car outside on rubber tires than a Mi2.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

SA_Racer:

no-runs, 1-run, 5-runs, x-runs... all the same for me. i build my shocks "dead" no rebound foam with a small pin-sized release hole in the plastic cap... zero rebound, all the time.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NetDevil
My dad put the silver roll bar in the front, I'm not sure what stiffness it is. But it made his car handle like crap. The back-end was fishtailing.

i have little carpet experience (next to none), but for the sake of helping you out a bit i suggest starting with this setup and tune from there...

Setup link here
Old 01-10-2006, 08:54 AM
Tech Champion

here was my latest and final setup.

Front
70 wt losi oil
2 piston
purple springs
inside on arm
2nd hole out on tower (laid down)
camber - 2nd hole out silver ball stud no washers
4 deg castor
5mm ride height
droop - 2mm over ride height
steering rack - silver ball studs no washers
2 shims in front of arms
no shims under blocks
thickest sway bar
Double Pink/Orange

Rear
60 wt losi oil
2 piston
copper spring
outside on arm
2nd hole out on tower (laid down)
camber - 2nd hole out silver ball stud no washers
Losi XXXS Zero deg hubs inside on hub no washers
no washers under blocks
5 mm ride height
droop - 2 mm over ride height
double pink

no sway bar (this made a huge difference)
BMI Chassis/top deck/ motor mount
Team Express C2 (19T) geared 35-104
Team Express IB3800's
Parma Alfa
Old 01-10-2006, 11:05 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)
Default BMI TC4

Hi
I'm getting the BMI chassis TC4 tonite .so I'm wondering what si the best set up rubber tires on carpet???? Anybody got one of those BMI chassis on TC4 that want to share their experience ??? Thanks
Old 01-10-2006, 11:15 AM
Tech Champion

The setup I just posted is foam tires with the BMI chassis. Try it. It should be close

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.