Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree387Likes

JConcepts Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 04:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Nice D4 body........Way to tease us (look but don't touch) with those BarCodes!!
Old 07-21-2008, 05:52 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MustGoFaster
Nice D4 body........Way to tease us (look but don't touch) with those BarCodes!!
The rear Bar Codes are already available; but not the fronts
Old 07-21-2008, 08:45 PM
Tech Regular

actually those fronts look like losi taper pins
Old 07-21-2008, 11:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Is it just me, or does the "Scoopless" body for the B44/BJ4WE "puff" outwards more towards the front?

I'm actually looking for a body for my BJ4WE that "puff" outwards more towards the front cause I'm planning to stick a motor cooling fan. Currently, the default BJ4WE narrows up too much (although the default BJ4WE body is a beauty )

Is the Scoopless body more friendly for a motor fan placed above the endbell? For say, a 30x30mm fan?
Old 07-22-2008, 05:39 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pq49z
actually those fronts look like losi taper pins
Actually there not

I'm actually looking for a body for my BJ4WE that "puff" outwards more towards the front cause I'm planning to stick a motor cooling fan. Currently, the default BJ4WE narrows up too much (although the default BJ4WE body is a beauty )

Is the Scoopless body more friendly for a motor fan placed above the endbell? For say, a 30x30mm fan?
We did add extra clearance to the existing front scoopes, but not enough room to add a fan on top of the motor. Some people run the fans on the chassis blowing onto the motor. Most top racers just cut the front of the body out more and don't run a fan.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks, that's what I was planning to do, prop up a fan so that it's blowing into the endbell... I think if that proves to be troublesome (such as the fan not holding up), I'm going to try the other method, carving out a hole in the body. Do you pro guys glue a small screen material to block out the large chunk of dirt? I'm thinking an old nylon stockings?
Old 07-22-2008, 11:16 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Are those the Bar Code front tires? Because those fronts look nothing like the Bar Code rears. I was hoping that J Concepts was gonna make Bar Code fronts that have the same tread pattern as the rear. What they need to do is make rears that have the same tread pattern as those fronts to use on "taper pin tracks" I thought the only reason everyone runs the BK Bar rear Taper Pin front combo was because losi didn't make BK Bar fronts. I thought J Concepts was an "outside the box" company? Now, if they did testing and found that front tires with a "Bar Code" pattern just didn't work and the "tapered pin" design did, then I retract my previous statment.
Old 07-22-2008, 01:59 PM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ifuonlyknew
Are those the Bar Code front tires? Because those fronts look nothing like the Bar Code rears. I was hoping that J Concepts was gonna make Bar Code fronts that have the same tread pattern as the rear. What they need to do is make rears that have the same tread pattern as those fronts to use on "taper pin tracks" I thought the only reason everyone runs the BK Bar rear Taper Pin front combo was because losi didn't make BK Bar fronts. I thought J Concepts was an "outside the box" company? Now, if they did testing and found that front tires with a "Bar Code" pattern just didn't work and the "tapered pin" design did, then I retract my previous statment.

BK Bar fronts.. don't work. I've tried them...
Old 07-22-2008, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Timmmmmm AYYY!

lol

Thanks Andrew!

I am painting up a crawler body to see what can be done with one, so i'll psot that as soon as it's complete! (By the weekend maybe?)

...Jim
W.E.D.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

The Clash is ON for 2008!

www.rcclash.com

Online signup is now LIVE!

http://www.rcclash.com/signup/index.asp

Old 07-23-2008, 09:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

How to post a question on RCTech.

1. Ask a question.
"Are those the Bar Code front tires?"

2. Answer your own question.
"Because those fronts look nothing like the Bar Code rears."

3. Offer an "expert" opinion on "what they NEED to do"
"What they need to do is make rears that have the same tread pattern as those fronts to use on "taper pin tracks"

4. Question your own expertise.
"I thought the only reason everyone runs the BK Bar rear Taper Pin front combo was because losi didn't make BK Bar fronts."

5. Question the expertise of a multiple IFMAR and ROAR Championship winning manufacturer.
" I thought J Concepts was an "outside the box" company?"

6. Question your own expertise again, and nearly admit that you have no idea what you are talking about, have no experience or knowledge in the arena of tire carcass/tread design or development, and have no racing or testing experience to substantiate any claims previously set forth in your poorly phrased and semi-grammatically incorrect post.

"Now, if they did testing and found that front tires with a "Bar Code" pattern just didn't work and the "tapered pin" design did, then I retract my previous statement.

Awesome post man.

Originally Posted by ifuonlyknew

Last edited by SirSpeedy; 07-23-2008 at 09:46 AM.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

^
|
|

Old 07-23-2008, 01:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AndyMoore
The Clash is ON for 2008!

www.rcclash.com

Online signup is now LIVE!

http://www.rcclash.com/signup/index.asp

South Florida in December....lI may have to think about that.

I need to see if Shue is going again.

JD
Old 07-23-2008, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

; )

LOL

...Jim
Old 07-24-2008, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

FYI to all.

I found this useful link off google:

http://www.rctech.net/articles/paint...ntedmyst.shtml

Not sure why I couldn't find this link off of rctech.net. Perhaps it's some page that the admin have abandoned? Nevertheless, it's a useful page full of info and tips on how to paint RC Bodies.

I remember seeing an article like this in RC Car Action about 15 years ago. Man, I wish I kept that issue. The author went in detail of how to do some really nice effects with just rudimentary tools and supplies.

Thank god for internal decals and masks from XXX main for body-painting-challenged people like me!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.