Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 01:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Last weekend, I had problems with my Speed Passion Reventon Pro switching itself off once I'd brought my car to a standstill after a 5 minute race. When I switched the ESC back on for the first time after this, the speedo would constantly beep and flash the LED's. I cant remember what colour the LED's were flashing though. The only way to stop the ESC from doing this was to disconnect the wires from the batteries. The motor and ESC's temperatures were normal and not excessively hot. Can anyone tell me why my speedo was doing this and how to prevent it doing this in the future.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
Several 17.5 boost setup are on the SPEED PASSION website...

http://www.speedpassion.net/us/escsetup.asp
Thanks for the help mate ill give it a go!
Old 12-27-2012, 05:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by shamar
Hi shahrin

You can try a 5.00 fdr dat should help. But keep an eye on temp. i have been testing on a large nitro track along with friends dat have tekin rs pro esc and i'm way faster that then, even some of the nitro guy was asking if i'm using a modd motor

my setting are ;

DRRS - 7
Start RPM - 5000 mayb 6000
Hybrid Boost Active - 80%
Hybrid Boost Max RPM - 150k
Turbo Delay - 0.2 sec
Drag brakes- 20
FDR - 5.00 to 5.5
car ia an xray t3 2011 with a Reventon Pro (and 13.5 MMM motors) super fast and really smooth. I did switch from using a tekin rs pro
Thanks Shamar.....will try that FDR on my 13.5t motor.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:13 PM
Tech Master

Thank you for sharing your setup.....yes, we have compare our ESC to ORCA, V3, Orion and Dualsky and we are definitely not BEHIND at all (couple big race in HK were won by Reventon PRO over V3 and Dualsky).

Yes....BOOST is the ASIAN thing...they just refused to slow down, they rather want to see their ESC and motor to make magic smoke then slowing down.....LOL

You will like the new V20 software for STOCK1...we have driver tested that and it will take care of the lack of mid-range problem all right...I think we will release the new software right after new year (or eariler).

Thank you for your support on Speed Passion products...
That sounds great Solara. Can't wait for the new v20 firmware. Unfortunate that its to be released after new year......as I have a race this weekend which I would love to try it out.

You are right about the BOOST. I know some drivers here who would like the speed of their 10.5t motor to be comparable to a Mod motor. And obviously, they have burnt quite a number of motors in trying to achieve that.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:38 AM
Tech Initiate

The DMTS is the amount of timing that will be added onto the throttle travel range....it is the static timing that add onto the whole travel of your throttle range, for example, if you are choose 26.26* total, it will apply total of 26.25* timing from your 0% to 100% (WOT) of the whole throttle travel range...IT DOES NOT HAVE TURBO or BOOST....just static timing.

If you need turbo...you need to choose STOCK1, but I am sure it does not work good on DRIFTING....Stock1 is for on road racing.

The DRIFT sound effect is basicly a sound file that can be used on your Iphone or Android phone while you are carry the phone with you, while you are drifting...it DOES NOT make your motor or ESC to play the sound file.
Ok,then what is the relation between motor endbell timing and esc timing?Is it;
1.motor end bell timing = 15 and ESC timing = 15--> WOT 30
2.motor end bell timing = 15 and ESC timing = 0--> WOT 15
3.If transmitter Throttle reduce from 100% to 50 % is it motor end bell timing = 15 and ESC timing = 15--> WOT 30 become 15.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-29-2012, 05:06 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by cmy55s
Hey guys just got a revention pro esc and a 17.5 v3 motor and was wondering if anyone has anyone has a good setup and gear ratio for boosted 17.5 onroad for a track which is a medium size asphalt track with medium hot days. About a 40m straight. Cheers guys
http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/spee...nReventon.html
Old 12-29-2012, 11:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

What is the difference between the Citrix club esc and the Reventon club esc?
Old 12-29-2012, 12:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I just received my Reventon S and I'm just wondering... What's up with the "silver"? Not really that big of a deal, but it's got a light lavender type tone to it. I can deal with it, but had I known I'd have ordered the black. Not asking for anything here as I plan to use it this week. Just putting it out there.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:19 PM
Tech Master

I have a gt 2.0 pro, how do i put it in blinky mode
Old 12-29-2012, 12:22 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

you need to download the software and load it into the ESC.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rosey1990
Last weekend, I had problems with my Speed Passion Reventon Pro switching itself off once I'd brought my car to a standstill after a 5 minute race. When I switched the ESC back on for the first time after this, the speedo would constantly beep and flash the LED's. I cant remember what colour the LED's were flashing though. The only way to stop the ESC from doing this was to disconnect the wires from the batteries. The motor and ESC's temperatures were normal and not excessively hot. Can anyone tell me why my speedo was doing this and how to prevent it doing this in the future.
Yep, I just spent an afternoon and evening figuring out the same issue, with me I was using stock zero timing mode, with a 10.5T, and every run it would do the same thing, basically run ok during the run, then I'd pull into the pits, and by the time I walked down to get the car, ESC had shut down.

If I powered it back up, it would just beep at me and flash the red light, actually it also seemed to loose it's throttle calibration, and often the throttle would not work at all again till I re-calibrated it.

I tried near everything I could think of to fix it, every setting etc, and got nowhere, then thinking it could not possibly be the motor, I changed the motor, and it stopped doing it, go figure.

So I'm guessing it's a compatibility issue with some motors, in my case with a Hobbywing motor, I bolted in my Thunder Power and it was fine, only other thing I though was odd, is the ESC seemed to run hotter than I'd expect with a 10.5T using blinky.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:14 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Bishop
Yep, I just spent an afternoon and evening figuring out the same issue, with me I was using stock zero timing mode, with a 10.5T, and every run it would do the same thing, basically run ok during the run, then I'd pull into the pits, and by the time I walked down to get the car, ESC had shut down.

If I powered it back up, it would just beep at me and flash the red light, actually it also seemed to loose it's throttle calibration, and often the throttle would not work at all again till I re-calibrated it.

I tried near everything I could think of to fix it, every setting etc, and got nowhere, then thinking it could not possibly be the motor, I changed the motor, and it stopped doing it, go figure.

So I'm guessing it's a compatibility issue with some motors, in my case with a Hobbywing motor, I bolted in my Thunder Power and it was fine, only other thing I though was odd, is the ESC seemed to run hotter than I'd expect with a 10.5T using blinky.
Thanks for the reply, I'm glad that I'm not the only person experiencing this problem. It would be nice to have some clarification from the SP reps, although I guess their on the Xmas holidays at the moment.

I was running the car in Stock1 mode, with a Vampire Type AB+ Bloodline 13.5T motor. As far as I know this motor is based on the popular GM motor, so I'd hope there wasn't a compatibility issue. Having said that, I didn't notice any issues with the ESC when I was using a Reedy Sonic 13.5T about a month ago.

I'm beginning to wonder whether it is to do with the note posted on the Speed Passion website, which goes as follows:

"Notice for Speedpassion Reventon Pro users using Viper motors:
It has come to the attention of Speed Passion that there has been compatibility issues for Revention Pro users using Viper motors. The cause of this issue is the temperature sensor unit within Viper motors. In order to use Viper motors with the Reventon Pro in sensored mode, disconnect or cut the temperature sensor wire. As viewed from the endbell of the motor, this wire is the second wire from the left on the sensor connector. Please see the figure below for further details."

Maybe the compatibility issue with motors is more widespread that they thought...
Old 12-30-2012, 07:42 AM
Tech Regular

Quick question.

Not sure if anybody has ever done a side by side comparison. But do people find a fan on the motor works more effectively blowing directly onto it (either from behind or above) or if the fan is mounted to a heatsink?

Only ask as i was running on the weekend (rev pro & mmm 13.5) The motor was coming off feeling really rather hot to the touch but according to temp gun was only 65c.. Whereas when I ran this without a fan it came off feeling equally hot yet temp gun was reading 85c... Anybody give an opinion. I'm sure my fingers are sensitive enough to feel a 20c different lol.

Cheers Nick
Old 12-30-2012, 05:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hello, I run the Certix Club Stock in my GT21.5 car powering a Trinity D3.5 and love it.

I kinda started a discussion on the VTA thread when I posted about buying another for my VTA car. Some people are saying that the SP has compatability issues when used with a Novak 25.5. Has anyone on here had any bad experience when using the Certix / Novak combo?
Old 12-30-2012, 05:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have same question as the last guy =

Any compatibility issues between a Citrix and the Novak 25.5?

I have an opportunity to get a used one w/program box =
Seal Serial #346416

BUT... It might be dead.
Program box = All flat lined.

Last edited by Marv; 12-30-2012 at 06:14 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.