Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 10:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Cestaric
Guys, what are the thinniest wire I can use betwen ESC and engine ?
Do you think it is possible to use 16 ou even 18awg ?

The combo is a simple Cirtix Stock Club Race 10.5 wired actuallly with 14awg and 12 awg to the batery.

The intention is to reduce the forces on the pod of my 1:12 pan car.

Thanks

Cestari
Cestari,

I have seen several of our drivers use TQ Wires in 16g for 1/12 racing. It is very flexible.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
so a booster can work on the Reventon Pro now? You got a link to instructions on how you have to wire it up to use it?
Booster and receiver packs always work on Reventon PRO, but not on Reventon S, R and Stock Club Race.

It depends on what booster that you are getting...TQ has it own way and Hobbyking has theirs...so far I know these 2 booster will work. Then receiver packs work too.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Are the brakes improved in the Stock0 profile in the las test firmware vs v18 for Reventon pro? Latest track layout had a 180 at the end. Had to start braking halfway down the track.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:40 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi All,

Need some help and advice..try to look all over the forum and web and yet still not able to find the right solution.

For info I own Reventon R with 10.5R MMM motor. I used it for drift. current profile is drift. The question is;

1. What is Dynamic Multi Timing System - DMTS 3.0 in drift profile mean. Can it initiate turbo if higher timing selected.

2. "DRIFT is designed for drift car racing, it can active a “drift” sound effect"-Copy this thing from the setup sheet. how really make it to works.

Thanks in advance..
Old 12-24-2012, 08:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by or8ital
Are the brakes improved in the Stock0 profile in the las test firmware vs v18 for Reventon pro? Latest track layout had a 180 at the end. Had to start braking halfway down the track.
Well I tried the new firmware. Slightly better but I was still losing a lot of time to people who could dive deeper into the 180s. What else can I try?
Old 12-24-2012, 09:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How can I get rid of the delay the drag brake has in stock 1 ?
Old 12-24-2012, 10:06 AM
Tech Champion

Well I tried the new firmware. Slightly better but I was still losing a lot of time to people who could dive deeper into the 180s. What else can I try?
You can try a bigger CAP...like the 4 caps from Speed Passion.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:12 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by apique_14
Hi All,

Need some help and advice..try to look all over the forum and web and yet still not able to find the right solution.

For info I own Reventon R with 10.5R MMM motor. I used it for drift. current profile is drift. The question is;

1. What is Dynamic Multi Timing System - DMTS 3.0 in drift profile mean. Can it initiate turbo if higher timing selected.

2. "DRIFT is designed for drift car racing, it can active a “drift” sound effect"-Copy this thing from the setup sheet. how really make it to works.

Thanks in advance..
The DMTS is the amount of timing that will be added onto the throttle travel range....it is the static timing that add onto the whole travel of your throttle range, for example, if you are choose 26.26* total, it will apply total of 26.25* timing from your 0% to 100% (WOT) of the whole throttle travel range...IT DOES NOT HAVE TURBO or BOOST....just static timing.

If you need turbo...you need to choose STOCK1, but I am sure it does not work good on DRIFTING....Stock1 is for on road racing.

The DRIFT sound effect is basicly a sound file that can be used on your Iphone or Android phone while you are carry the phone with you, while you are drifting...it DOES NOT make your motor or ESC to play the sound file.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Solara
The DMTS is the amount of timing that will be added onto the throttle travel range....it is the static timing that add onto the whole travel of your throttle range, for example, if you are choose 26.26* total, it will apply total of 26.25* timing from your 0% to 100% (WOT) of the whole throttle travel range...IT DOES NOT HAVE TURBO or BOOST....just static timing.

If you need turbo...you need to choose STOCK1, but I am sure it does not work good on DRIFTING....Stock1 is for on road racing.

The DRIFT sound effect is basicly a sound file that can be used on your Iphone or Android phone while you are carry the phone with you, while you are drifting...it DOES NOT make your motor or ESC to play the sound file.
Thanks for input...
Old 12-25-2012, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

The wife got me a revention pro for x mas. Can't wait to try it out.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hi,

I bought a Reventon R and Im planning on using a 10.5 motor. Will I have trouble if I use Novak ballistic motors?

Additional questions:
1. Can I use the system without updating the firmware first? I only have a MacBook so I cant update it yet.
2. What custom settings will I be missing out if I just use the system all stock?

Thanks
Old 12-26-2012, 06:21 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Airflow
Hi,

I bought a Reventon R and Im planning on using a 10.5 motor. Will I have trouble if I use Novak ballistic motors?

Additional questions:
1. Can I use the system without updating the firmware first? I only have a MacBook so I cant update it yet.
2. What custom settings will I be missing out if I just use the system all stock?

Thanks
Novak motors should be fine.

1. Yes, it'll come with Mod1 preloaded.
2. Quite a lot really, if you wanted to use boost then you'll need to be able to update the ESC, however you will be able to change a few settings on the Mod1 firmware using the card. It'll probably be an older version of that firmware though.

I'd really recommend updating as soon as you can, just so you have all the options available to you.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Fuzzi0n
Novak motors should be fine.

1. Yes, it'll come with Mod1 preloaded.
2. Quite a lot really, if you wanted to use boost then you'll need to be able to update the ESC, however you will be able to change a few settings on the Mod1 firmware using the card. It'll probably be an older version of that firmware though.

I'd really recommend updating as soon as you can, just so you have all the options available to you.
Thanks dude. I will try to update it on my cousin's PC. But first I need to solder the power wires. I wanted to use Boost but I only have the supplied LED card. Is this sufficient?

Can I also ask Reventon R owners to post pics of their ride on how they mounted the ESC with capacitor and the bulky power switch, preferably on TC cars.

Thanks again
Old 12-26-2012, 05:50 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Airflow
Thanks dude. I will try to update it on my cousin's PC. But first I need to solder the power wires. I wanted to use Boost but I only have the supplied LED card. Is this sufficient?

Can I also ask Reventon R owners to post pics of their ride on how they mounted the ESC with capacitor and the bulky power switch, preferably on TC cars.

Thanks again
If you want boost, you'll need to connect it to a PC to update the ESC firmware to Stock 1. If you cant do that, Mod1 will allow some timing adjustment which you can do with the LED card I think. Should be a guide/manual for the LED card on the Speed Passion site.

I've got a Pro, so not sure where you should mount your switch but the capacitor can go pretty much anywhere, just use a zip tie or some double sided tape to hold it onto something.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

If I use its dynamic timing features, will it still be faster compared to a "blinky" esc equipped car?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.