Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 12:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Timbo99
Well you guys aren't here to answer anything now..........
Thanks.
What we can help you with?
Old 06-07-2013, 12:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by SP CS
Thank you for calling us today. Your full refund of the damage product will issue to you withing 36hours.
Thank you for publicly confirming #3 and #6 of my post.

3. Take a chance on ordering their bodies, why cause they don't really stand behind them if they are damaged.
6. They are not flexible, could of resolved the issue that would of costed them less than $3.00 if that.

People will now believe what I'm saying is true.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by chevtech23
Tried a windows 7 machine instead of my xp machine, same result. Two evenings messing with it, im done...

have tried just the box, fan off, battery connected, as per instructions, nothing.

My car runs fine with my LRP Flow.. Tried to save a buck here after a motor meltdown in my daughters car took out her SPX Zero, and bought a SP. i think im just gonna stop at Hobbytown tomorrow and get another Flow.

I appreciate the offer Ritchie, but I dont want to risk showing up for a big race and saying sorry hun, your car is dead we cant get it running.. but if we have time maybe we can mess with it.

Which brings me to, FOR SALE: one fresh out of the box Reventon R ESC with program box... lmao!
Did you install the SPUSBDriver6.6 and accept it even it not digitally Signed? Please make sure Speed Passion Program Card (Com?) show up under Ports on Device manager.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Speed Passion
Thank you for publicly confirming #3 and #6 of my post.

3. Take a chance on ordering their bodies, why cause they don't really stand behind them if they are damaged.
6. They are not flexible, could of resolved the issue that would of costed them less than $3.00 if that.

People will now believe what I'm saying is true.
Thank you
Old 06-07-2013, 01:23 PM
Tech Initiate

970-898-0000, please call us back. You didn't leave a EXT #. thank you
Old 06-07-2013, 01:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Nanoframe
Sorry to hear that it didn't work out well for you. I found that the instructions were worded rather poorly and for the most part, had to figure things out myself.

You could connect the ESC in the following ways;

1) ESC with fan on and connected to battery and program card

OR

2) ESC with fan off and connected to program card and usb cable to PC

I prefer option 2 since I have a user interface to work with. My desktop and laptop running Win7 SP1 has no problems detecting the ESC.

You have to ensure that the drivers are installed first before doing any of the above. I'd admit that it's a chore to get it working, but once you do, it's pretty smooth from there on.

Hope this helps.
if you are trying to connect the ESC to the computer, no battery and Fan disconnect.
If you are connecting to a program card to change setting, Battery on and fan can stay connect or disconnect.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by turd ferguson
Update the firmware to the current version, set to stock0. Gear like you did with the Tekin as a starting point. Run a fan if you have room.
Bring your program box and adjust. Personally I just had to add more brakes but that was it. It's the best feeling esc I've ran in a long time
What car? Motor? Battery?
Working on new firmware to improve brake.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:31 PM
Tech Initiate

I just have bought a Reventon Pro. Now i setted it up with the stock1 firmware without any problems. I also wanted to update the programbox to 2.7. Each time i try to do this the pc stops the program at 2%.

Any options i can go try out?
Old 06-07-2013, 01:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by skypilot
hey Rich, mine just downloaded and works fine, had to delete previous versions of download to get the latest to load.

one another note,

a friend and I both built SP F-1's, installed Revention Pros I'm running a SP 21.5, he's running a Novak 21.5. Both cars hesitate and or cog when the trigger is just starting to be pulled, if I pull the trigger to full right off, mine takes off, his doesn't.

advise/help please...

oh, and I have the red timing board installed in my motor, his novak doesn't change with timing changes
What you set the DDRS on? Set it to 5 or higher. thank you
Old 06-07-2013, 01:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Cale79
I just have bought a Reventon Pro. Now i setted it up with the stock1 firmware without any problems. I also wanted to update the programbox to 2.7. Each time i try to do this the pc stops the program at 2%.

Any options i can go try out?
Update take from 5-10min, how long did you wait? Also try a different USB ports or reinstall the SPUSBDriver6.6.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by busman
Just installed an Revention Pro/Novak Ballistic 21.5, all said and done link the Radio etc... pull the throttle and just get a squink sound, actually tries to run backward first then tries to go forward, was able to run the car for a miniute or two, but when I came to a stop same Squink and no go.

Tried timing low and high, same thing... anyone have an Idea? Used the box to setup speedo, all checks out, latest firmware etc.. Whaats going on?
What Radio you are using? Try set the Throttle to Reverse and calibrate again. Also set all the trim and end point at 100.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by skypilot
are you going to 4 seasons on Saturday I can show you then...

or, the SP esc is weird.. when you hook to the computer via usb cable and then to the esc via the double male cable, the battery MUST be disconnected and the switch off.

when hooking to just the esc, the battery needs to be connected and the switch turned on. get it wrong and stuff smokes..

not sure if that was your problem, but it sounded like it might be.

I'll be at 4 seasons for the NW challenge this Saturday. I'll bring my laptop and box..

Ritchie
+1
Old 06-07-2013, 01:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by chevtech23
Brand new Reventon R, LED card, installed software from the site, PC does not see the card. If i hold the "value" button on while i power up it says "PC" on the card but nothing else happens. If I try and just use the card hooked up to the ESC, after it powers up i just get a "--" on the screen and none of the buttons do anything. Not impressed so far... Any tips?
Did you install the SPUSBDriver6.6 and accept it even it not digitally Signed? Please make sure Speed Passion Program Card (Com?) show up under Ports on Device manager.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:43 PM
Tech Initiate

ROAR Spec
Old 06-07-2013, 03:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Sorry for the replay but the Reventon Pro don`t work whith temp proctecion ON, at least in my contry, whith all the heat, i try everything and it doesnt do 5m race.
Tell this and that i can replay to you what i did, and i have to try Temp OFF if i wanna race.
Support horrible send email to SpeedPassion support still nothing,
Please make a firmwear that we can use whithout temp problems, and race whith temp protection ON.
Regards.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.