Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 08:24 PM
Tech Adept

Default New tyre?

Whats this from ABC hobby? An "N" racing tire for minis!!!

ABC Hobby:
■N レーシングタイヤ
標準タイプのタイヤ、ニ個入り。
品番:24104 税込価格 893円 税抜価格 850円

Rainbow Ten: 3053430524104,ABC HOBBY,850YEN,24104 N RACING TIRE(FOR MINI)

Has anyone tried 'em yet?
Attached Images  
Old 03-24-2007, 09:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by minimanintaiwan
Hey Tony have you heard anything about Pit Shimizu stop production of their mini tires. Our LHS cant get anymore and their website doesn't list it either.
Well, I've just had it confirmed by Suganuma-san at rc-champ that Pit have definitely ceased production of ALL rubber tires, not just mini ones.
This is apparently due to a substantial rise in the cost of raw materials so I think it'll impact on prices of all tires fairly soon....
Old 03-25-2007, 04:55 PM
Tech Regular

My latest body:
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya mini cooper-cat3.jpg   Tamiya mini cooper-cat4.jpg   Tamiya mini cooper-cat6.jpg  
Old 03-25-2007, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Arrow cool

sweet
Old 03-26-2007, 07:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Hello, I am new to the forums, and I am sure this has been asked a million times, but there's a 123 pages in this post, so I will just ask!

I have a 21T RavenS Motor in my M03 mini and was wondering if it would be OK to use the 20T pinion.

I am using a 16 right now, like it says in the instructions when you jump up to the hotter motor, but it doesn't seem all that fast, it takes off like a bat out of hell, but tops out real quick. I have an 18T and a 20T pinion as well, but I don't race, just tear up and down my street and in parking lots, so I have a lot of open area where it is just going straight.

Thanks for any help!
Old 03-26-2007, 08:04 PM
Tech Regular

Also, nice 'Bug' Body. Thats pretty cool. Here's a body I just finished for my M04.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya mini cooper-2a.jpg  
Old 03-26-2007, 08:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default too cool fool!!!!

Originally Posted by ebald1
Also, nice 'Bug' Body. Thats pretty cool. Here's a body I just finished for my M04.
Mr T would be proud !!! Just missing the rest of the 'A' team !!! Kidding aside pretty sweet !!
Old 03-26-2007, 08:29 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks! the Caterpillar doesn't handle too well, tires are rubbing on the body a little, have to tweak it a bit

How does the A-Team mobile handle? do you have to wear gold jewelry before driving it?

You should be fine running the 20T pinion with a 21turn ... just be careful with the gears, maybe put some grease or teflon spray on them, if you run them dry with anything more than a sport tuned motor then they are more likely to melt/strip. I've run mine with a 12T motor ... very fast, but if I hit the brakes really hard it will sometimes strip the gears, so it's better to be easy on the brake and the throttle
Old 03-26-2007, 08:46 PM
Tech Regular

It handles like crap, I actually had to extend the body mounts so the body wouldn't rub on the ground. Having the super radials doesn't help either, it's got great grip, which means it flips over fairly easily. It looks funny though. I think I may put my miata body back on it after long and maybe sell the A-Team body or something, it was a fun project, but obviously not very practical!
Old 03-27-2007, 09:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default just drive it!!!

Originally Posted by ebald1
It handles like crap, I actually had to extend the body mounts so the body wouldn't rub on the ground. Having the super radials doesn't help either, it's got great grip, which means it flips over fairly easily. It looks funny though. I think I may put my miata body back on it after long and maybe sell the A-Team body or something, it was a fun project, but obviously not very practical!
I think it's awsome .....just slam the suspension down on the ground .....and giver ......!!!
Old 03-27-2007, 12:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Anyone on here running the HPI Miata Body on their M04?

At our track there are a few that have shown up and now discussion as to it being legal - because the size of the wing gives the M04 a significant advantage in on-power traction.

Now looking around the net, you cannot find a picture of a racing Miata with a TC type wing.. I think because at scale.. its too much down force.

Whats the thinking on this body?

James
Old 03-27-2007, 12:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bikerbob
Anyone on here running the HPI Miata Body on their M04?

At our track there are a few that have shown up and now discussion as to it being legal - because the size of the wing gives the M04 a significant advantage in on-power traction.

Now looking around the net, you cannot find a picture of a racing Miata with a TC type wing.. I think because at scale.. its too much down force.

Whats the thinking on this body?

James
I think that would probably depend on what rules you're using. TCS rules wouldn't allow it. TCS rules only allow Tamiya bodies, I believe.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

it works very well...
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya mini cooper-img_3444-copy.jpg   Tamiya mini cooper-img_3441-copy.jpg  
Old 03-27-2007, 12:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

im recently getting back into rc and ive always wanted a mini cooper mini. i was wondering if any had any recomendations on where to get one and what parts to get for them. and how the classing works with motors and esc and things of that such
Old 03-27-2007, 12:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by cheesecake
im recently getting back into rc and ive always wanted a mini cooper mini. i was wondering if any had any recomendations on where to get one and what parts to get for them. and how the classing works with motors and esc and things of that such
I usually order from RC-Champ but your local hobby shops can probably order them for you too. As for the classing rules and such...that all depends. Many places use Tamiya Championship Series (TCS) rules as a base and tweak to fit what everyone in the area would like. Here, we run TCS rules and the only change we've made is allowing the Orion/Peak 3200 LiPos. As for parts, I'd say Universals, oil shocks (CVA Minis are fine...TRF Specials look really good though) front stabilizer and that's really it other then an array of tires for different surfaces. Check out www.rc-mini.net they have LOADS of info.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.