Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 08:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Originally Posted by J@UNE
Awesome. Does that mean we'll see some BMI's up-hops for the Type-R in the future?
hope so
Old 11-26-2007, 06:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm sure that car wouldn't suffer with a softer platform for rubber...

Last edited by J@UNE; 11-26-2007 at 09:16 AM.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:46 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J@UNE
I'm sure that car wouldn't suffer with a softer platform for rubber...
But the 10.5lb springs are so cute and small!
Old 11-26-2007, 11:33 AM
Tech Addict

Hehe I agree,

Maybe its just a lazy way to setup a car but the Xray like to be flexy...
Old 11-27-2007, 06:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

hey does anyone have a steel lipo tray they want to get rid of shoot me a PM please.

Joe
Old 11-27-2007, 08:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

anybody looking for a great losi i have one forsale for$ 450 with tons of of parts i mean a ton of parts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-27-2007, 10:05 PM
Tech Addict

ahhhhhh, i'm racing this saturday! first time since late august. gotta dust off the type-r, maybe re-do the diff and shocks.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I am new to the Losi camp but I have been reading up on this car and I really like it. Right now I am running what I consider a beginners car the TT01 and I have been out to Speedworld a few times for practice. I have really found out the limitations of this car and I am seriously considering purchasing the Losi Type R next year as my race car to really dive into the hobby with on asphalt. I just ordered the XXXX Main setup manual so I can have a good reference for everything I do or change when I get this car. While from what I am seeing I do not see Losi in the top spots like Xray I do not think its because of any short comings of the car itself. When you have alot of the top drivers on your team your going to get the top spots especially if you have alot of entries with that particular brand car. I look forward to continuing to learn as much as I can about this car and get it out to the track when I purchase and build it. May post a build of it when I am done. I do have one question. I have been told that most people buy the LRP ESC but use the Novak motors. Does anyone here have a preference when it comes to this type of motor/esc configuration or is it a stay with one brand concept? Thanks for your input in advance.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:13 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dfiantii
I am new to the Losi camp but I have been reading up on this car and I really like it. Right now I am running what I consider a beginners car the TT01 and I have been out to Speedworld a few times for practice. I have really found out the limitations of this car and I am seriously considering purchasing the Losi Type R next year as my race car to really dive into the hobby with on asphalt. I just ordered the XXXX Main setup manual so I can have a good reference for everything I do or change when I get this car. While from what I am seeing I do not see Losi in the top spots like Xray I do not think its because of any short comings of the car itself. When you have alot of the top drivers on your team your going to get the top spots especially if you have alot of entries with that particular brand car. I look forward to continuing to learn as much as I can about this car and get it out to the track when I purchase and build it. May post a build of it when I am done. I do have one question. I have been told that most people buy the LRP ESC but use the Novak motors. Does anyone here have a preference when it comes to this type of motor/esc configuration or is it a stay with one brand concept? Thanks for your input in advance.
i race at speedworld and race a type-r. my car is absolutely dialed out there. i'll be racing probably once a month next year, Billy can point me out to you if you want to check the car out or if you get one if you need any help.

as for not seeing the losi in the top spots at the big races, it ultimately comes down to numbers and development time. the xray has been around considerably longer and they have a larger team. the losi is just as capable of a car, especially in the hands of a club racer.

with BL setups, a lot of people are going with the lrp speedo and novak motors, but honestly either speedo will be fine. i feel that the novak speedo much much better warranty support, lrp takes forever to get repaired whereas novak is extremely fast and responsive.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

hey i got the jrxs-r what would be a good starting gear ratio
Old 11-28-2007, 11:08 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by metalracer2
hey i got the jrxs-r what would be a good starting gear ratio
what motor and track size?
Old 11-29-2007, 06:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I dusted off my R last night, it was planted with the old style parma indigo/mag then I put on a new set of prism dp/o / dp trued to 57mm redid ride height and droop and it car lost a ton of traction, mostly front. I dropped springs down from 25/17.5 to 20/15 and it got better but it was still pushy at high speed. Anyone else experience this? Mike Haynes let me borrow a set of Pro53's cyan/mag and they felt a lot better so I picked some up for this weekends race.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

i would be running a co27 at a wide parking lot track.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:13 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by metalracer2
i would be running a co27 at a wide parking lot track.
5.5fdr and keep and eye on motor temp and the color of the brushes
Old 11-29-2007, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
5.5fdr and keep and eye on motor temp and the color of the brushes
i will be running two fans to cool it also

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.